1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hear DeMar DeRozan and LLaMarcus Aldridge are available

Rocket River

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

So I wonder if James will know what to do again after we get bounced next game?

On the real though. I’m okay with them blowing it up. Kind of over Morey and this small ball and 3s bullshit.

amaru, Cstyle42 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

I heard it too. He is in the their heads. He know his playing with house money and nothing to lose at this point He even said " you are saying we have a chance?". If they hit the Rockets first, they might just fold.

Really pathetic.

amaru likes this.
  4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I dont know if he did all he could do (since he never handled the ball in the last 3min of a close game), but I dont think its his fault.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . .this is my Fault
    I should not have watched
    and if I did should not have watched the TNT Feed.

Rocket River
    I'm the bad luck guy

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That was the stupidest thing I've seen all playoffs honestly.

bro2044 likes this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You know I think the Rox organization might be throwing the series so its clear way of firing MDA without looking bad for doing it

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

the highest scoring duo is one of the most meaningless gimmicks this year. who cares. what did that get houston. still not better than each of the years before. harden/paul led this team the most success they've had since the 90s. not happening with wb

people love watching low iq basketball in wb. awesome.

this sounds just like tilmans logic. who cares about winning. lets just look fun to watch.

ronclone and HP3 like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Rockets will win next game
    because no one wants a Lakers OKC series

Rocket River

10. amaru

amaru Member

This has been a common theme throughout his career. MDA is a great regular season coach but that greatness doesn't translate to the big moments in the post-season. MDA is 2nd place for all time playoff wins without getting to the big dance for a reason. When the going gets tough, MDA led team consistently shrink. The lone exception was Paul's hamstring year because he's basically an on court coach. MDA ran him into the ground that year as well.

MDA has never had a series, that I can remember, where you can sit back and say "damn, MDA coached a hell of a series!" (Unlike Doc Rivers last year against Golden State.) Something about the big moments seems to get to Mike and that's a horrible trait for a coach on a "contending" team to have. I really wish we could have retained Nick Nurse's services and had him in MDA's place. I know Mike has a lot of fans on this board but the fact that he couldn't figure out how to get the ball to Harden in scoring position is inexcusable (I also blame Harden for not DEMANDING the ball.....he should know his coach disappears in moments like that.....but it's not his job to draw up plays). I REALLY hope Indiana give MDA a HUGE contract offer in the off-season so this era of Houston Basketball can finally end.

Little Bit likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this loss is obviously on the coach. stubborn f'n fool not only had WB out there when he was clearly out of sync, but he also put the ball in his hands time and time again smh. can't wait till he's finally gone

also, covington should not be on paul on the perimeter. he's been getting used like a dirty rag the entire series and yet mda insists on that matchup

amaru likes this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#1372 bro2044, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Whenever we played OKC in the past, back before the trade, I never worried when the game was close and Russ had the ball... he always managed to find a way to choke

F*cking weak ass turnovers and bone headed plays killed us

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Why are you guys harping on this so much? We were just too sloppy throughout the game. We let them hang around too much. We will be better next game.

15. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

Harden and Russ really have to play the game of their lives if they have any pride. 2 former MVPs beaten by a 35 year old "washed CP3" will be a stain on their careers that would never ever be erased.

Also, Eric cannot possibly be this BAD. Hopefully he does some soul searching and plays just one decent game. DORT hit more 3s than Gordon in this game. Think about that for a moment.

Little Bit and bro2044 like this.
  16. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Dont forget playing brick Gordon all game.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Idk man....is it too much to ask to not even be in this situation in the first place? Like is it too much to ask Westbrook not to be trash or Gordon to hit a shot. But no we are gonna focus on the last two minutes. Fine yea he didnt come through. He also doesnt have any help whatsoever.

18. gotsis

gotsis Member

I'm a huge Harden advocate. But he just turns off in close playoffs games and defers too much. It's the one knock that may never allow him to be mentioned in the same breath as NBA royalty, unfortunately.

Really wish he would have hit a game winner this game...

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He was a complete zero all game, playing timid and turning it over. Classic Jeff Green lol.

payaso likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Eric Gordon is 6/37 from 3 in this series.