1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Slimfa

Slimfa Member

Choke city was activated tonight

bro2044 likes this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

We sure did. Our "offensive genius" coach forgot about it and gave the ball to Westbrook for some inexplicable reason to run the length of the floor.

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It sucks we lost but calm down. That was an abnormally high turnover game. We are typically one of best taking care of the ball. It shouldnt be that surprising to go to 7 when we came in injured and get no respect from the refs. Did everyone also forget this is a 4/5 matchup? They have the same record that we do. I still feel confident we will advance. Its just an extra game to help russ get back into a rhythm before the lakers.

Nick_713 and htwnbandit like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

How ridiculous do you have to be to judge a whole performance based on the last minute of a game? Did you not see Westbrook completely tank us...and did you not see Gordon just turn it over horribly time after time. Sheesh man, putting this on Harden when we've been winning with him is ridiculous.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Westbrook has a low BB IQ and MDA's BB IQ might be even lower to continue to allow him to handle the ball late.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Yall really are gonna put two minutes of a game on Harden..unreal.

GotGame15 and javal_lon like this.
  8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I'm a Jimmy fan and I definitely din't feel like he was busting his ass....not anywhere close. He has a lot of company too...Gordon and Green (BIG drop off).RoCo backing off CP3 on a 3 with less than 3 secs on the clock was disappointing. You can sit and watch...OKC basically playing a ZONE and us banging up 3 after 3 ..which is what we do. BUT, when not going down, gotta try something different. And T.O.'s were inexcusable. EGO was a complete farce. You could put a mannequin in and do better...and it don't whine after every play.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Pathetic. Sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy game. So many unforced turnovers. Terrible passing.

This Moarie ball will never work......

bro2044 likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Should the Rockets trade James Harden.
    I think James Harden Championship window is over. Not wanting the ball and not yelling for the ball in the few minutes, means you are not a leader. James is a Coward in the Playoffs, just casually walking on offense with 2 minutes to play. It was so shocking.

I was yelling at Westbrook to pass the ball to James Harden. But I James Harden doesnt look interested. Just wants to smoke weed in his hotel room it seems like.

Its like the Warriors Series Last Year when Chris Paul didnt show up in the Playoff and
    Rockets got eliminated.

The Rockets can get a boatload of Picks and Rebuild properly if they trade James Harden.

Jimmy Chase likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They can still win, LA teams are gonna feast on whoever comes out.

12. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Hear that shade that CP threw out? “Some people shine in these moments and others shy away”

13. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

No reason for Russ to bring the ball up on that last play.

bro2044 likes this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Classic Rockets playoff loss in every way. Once they were up 8 I sat there and called every bad play in advance, every CP3 shot, every WB miss/turnover, the Gordon miss, the foul at the end, etc. It's all so predictable lol. Years of watching this ****. This time I'm not as devastated because all season long I knew this team did not have a legit shot. They loafed around all year and were undisciplined and inconsistent. And we're seeing that inconsistency continue in the playoffs. The lack of focus tonight was amazing. They played hard (which is an improvement on most of the season), I'll give them that but they just lost this game off of self-inflicted stuff that championship teams just don't do.

Westbrook really sucking is too bad, he has never been a good playoff performer but he's clearly rusty from the injury, just unfortunate timing. Jeff Green is nowhere to be found but that's to be expected lol. Rivers was a non-factor. House making dumb mistakes all game, up and down. The team just isn't that good. Feel bad for Harden, his effort at the end was amazing, he deserved to win and his teammates let him down. Only criticism is that he had too much trust in his buddy Russ.

Before the series I picked Thunder in 7 partially due to Russ' injury. I really hope I'm wrong but losing in 7 to this Thunder team is just the most embarrassing way to end the season, fitting for the Rockets.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Like I said before this series started Dantoni don't be coaching right. He doesn't adjust and he got frustrated when a reporter called him out. There's ways coaches can affect the game and break momentum up. I admit he can only do so much but to me he does too little.

amaru likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did Green play any in the last 5 minutes
    Why not?

Rocket River

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon and Westbrook had a bad game for sure, but dang people, it's not time to start getting crazy on the hater train. Paul had a great game, but no way in hell did I enjoy watching him play as much as I did Westbrook this year.

Were Paul and Harden the highest scoring duo in the NBA? Nope. That was Russ and James. So chill out. The dude's been on the bench so long he hasn't gotten back to his best yet. Gordon's 3 pt shot is broken, and that's scary, but at least he's been taking it to the rim.

Is Paul a dirty nut grabbing flopper? Yep. I can't stand him.

There were lots of stupid plays in the last few minutes that cost us the game by quite a few players. Careless turnovers, stupid fouls, missed shots, and lousy defense.

Time for redemption.

icewill36 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is extremely pathetic to see from Harden. meanwhile cp3 literally tells everyone to gtfoh the way and takes over the end of the game. Getting the matchups he wants, bc the rockets switch everything like i said

19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Some of these knee jerk threads and ridiculous comments are embarrassing. If WB crushes it on Wednesday, all of them jump on our nuts again.

TAB and deb4rockets like this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont want to but if you know nobody else is being effective, what the **** is the primary ball handler/leader/best scorer supposed to do? Defer to the other star that definitely didnt have it tonight, like AT ALL?

I dont know who "yall" is but I speak for myself and Im no Harden hater, but I do hate his situation handling at the end of games.