1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultra Efficient ANTIFA & BLM Random Violence Video thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Come on , you can't honestly tell me that you believe this. That guy was confrontational from the word go. He didn't feel threatened he was doing the threatening.
    And you have enough common sense to know that you can't claim self defense if you are chasing the guy .... this is just plain silliness. Aint nothing to defend yourself from when he's running away.

The problem here is these agitators that are traveling around instigating the riots - that one guy in Portland the other night talking about being in multiple cities fighting with cops , burning down the white house and all that other **** ... and the other one celebrating the deaf Nazi , I aint sad! Those people are the problem not the solution.

We can protest and I'll support the cause. There are too many instances where law enforcement has crossed the line and to me , race isn't a factor because its happened to literally every race.

But I won't support lawlessness. Those people are the enemy us all.

basso likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You didn't see what happened before the cameras rolled. Nobody did except for the witnesses.

You can absolutely claim self-defense if you are chasing the guy. Did you see the Trayvon Martin case? You can chase criminals or potential criminals in order to protect others, make a citizen's arrest etc. I'm not saying anyone using violence is a solution. They are absolutely a problem.

Rittenhouse was also lawless. He was a criminal carrying that weapon.

3. Nook

Nook Member

That is my point, it is all smoke and mirrors by Trump yet again. Also, invoking the insurrection act would be incredibly stupid and completely unjustified based on the circumstances as exist today.

How often does this happen?

We agree more often than you likely realize.

There are conservative southern democrats that would not support a radical justice.

Yes, leadership at the state level in Texas is poor.

Even though Texas is geographically located perfect for trade, has lots of natural resources; Texas has a real poverty rate of 14%, which is among the highest in the country.

Further, when adjusted for children in poverty it is even worse.

Texas also has an uninsured rate of 18%, which is the highest in the nation.

The quality of education in the state of Texas is in the bottom 30% of the USA.

Texas is in the bottom 1/3 of the USA when it comes to safety from violent crime.

Texas is in the bottom 10% when it comes to lowest percentage of people incarcerate.

Texas also is in the bottom 20% when it comes to quality of environmental toxins.

Indeed Texas by most quality of life measures ranks in the bottom quarter of states.

What what is supposedly a great city, Texas consistently ranks near the bottom of a majority of indexes. So the idea that Texas doesn't really have any problems is absolutely false. Texas has a lot of problems and is a more violent state than those where a majority of the states where there are protests.

Also, the most desirous places to live in Texas are ran by democrats at the local level.

No, places like Chicago and San Francisco, Minneapolis and Los Angeles are still very desirable places to live.

You discussed Illinois, outside of Chicago and Springfield, Illinois is a Republican state and the areas that by and large are struggling are in the red area of the state.

I don't understand your point.

IBTL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I have no idea exactly what happened. What I do know that Darwin Award's need to be handed out to everyone involved....... from the idiot outcast that seems to think that he is Rambo, to the unemployed moron that threw something at someone with a 223..... to the moron that thought his skateboard would protect him from bullets.... and last but not least, the police force which has the IQ of asphalt, thanking the wannabe soldiers for being there.

We should just drop a dome over all of them and charge money for people to see them fight to the death.

Of course, I would point out that on any Saturday night, you can see something similar in a 6 block area in Chicago.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

probably the best description I've seen yet

Two Sandwiches, Andre0087 and Nook like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind self-defense laws are different in WI from FL. There is a castle doctrine but no Stand Your Ground law in WI. Although WI laws do say " the law on self-defense generally states you may employ lethal force to defend yourself or another if you or they are in reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm." so there could be an argument that Huber was acting in defense of another but I personally think it would be difficult.

I agree though we don't have good evidence on what happened the first shooting by Rittenhouse. I still say he shouldn't have been there at all and while this may not be murder it was very reckless for him to be there.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I definitely don't see this as a first degree murder charge. I definitely can see manslaughter sticking though.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Agreed. I don't know for sure that it is self-defense from any of the people, protester, or Rittenhouse. That's my problem. People claiming that Rittenhouse was for sure defending himself don't know that. A case can be made that the guy who illegally was carrying a gun and brought it across state lines to engage people he doesn't know to supposedly defend property that isn't his or anyone that he knows, was the aggressor in the first case. From there it is certainly reasonable that a man trying to get away with a gun who is being called out for having shot someone would be chased and hopefully disarmed and apprehended.

9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I was looking for the "Karen of the Day" thread. Not sure who's the Karen in this case. The older white dude blocking her way sort of counts as a Karen but it's not clear what when on before the video started. The young black girl is beyond angry, that's for sure. EDIT: THE VIDEO IS FROM 2018. A whole different context.

Removed video - irrelevant

#209 B@ffled, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was pretty stupid of him, and his parents, but Rittenhouse had as much right to be there as anyone else. i don't understand the gun issue well enough to know whether it was legal for him to be carrying, but it was certainly unwise.

As for the events leading up to the shooting(s), and the roles the victims may have played, we do not have nearly enough evidence to speculate.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why would you travel to a place where you think you might be in fear for your life? To protect somebody else's cars?? No, to carry a gun and kill people.

12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

He was stupid to put himself in that situation. No question in my mind. There's threads on twitter showing him extinguishing a dumpster that was sat on fire and being pushed towards some gas station pumps. You can see the short white guy with the red shirt chase after him.

From what I read (twitter) it is illegal for him to carry the firearm unless he's supervised by an adult. His mom drove him to meet up with the group, so I guess she gave consent and that may play into the adult supervision thing. I don't know. I don't believe he went with the intent to kill someone but I couldn't say I know that for sure.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Self defense requires an imminent threat to life or bodily injury.

There is no imminent threat of either if the party is fleeing.

The Martin case is an oddball one because Martin went from being followed to doubling back (I lost him) and attacking Zimmerman.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

There are so many things in the world to talk about and think about and do, but Americans are focused on guns every single day. Other countries aren't like this, you know.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i agree america has its unique issues yet everyone wants to be like us.

i was living in spain and sorta like you are doing cracking I got the brunt of "you racist americans" then a gypsy family moved into a small village nearby and everyone was going apesh*it over this one family. it even made the local news..and yet we in usa are the racist ones?

they all hate us yet all want to be us and are more racist than us.

everytime I go to europe.. mexico..etc..literally anywhere ..then go back its less and less their culture and country and more and more like usa. its strange how they are all evolving to usa. uk is more like usa now then usa! they are more into kardashian and b list celebs then we are. total wannabe culture and it is low level reality show skank worship.

i think ( my opinion) that most countries and people are usa lite or evolving to be more like usa.

disclaimer: I have not spent time in east asia cant speak to their trends,tv,evolution

basso likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

An armed criminal with a gun could be considered an imiment threat.

We've seen police claim all kinds of imminent threats.

Nook and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

What was he convicted of? This is the first I heard he had a record.

I assume you’re talking about the kid w the AR15

18. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

What's a cops life worth?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man shows up with a gun to a protest violating a curfew - is it surprising he is viewed as a dangerous gunman?

Given Rittenhouse was breaking the law and carrying a loaded weapon, I think the police should have shot him immediately just like they would a black man.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

India worries about people pooing in the street -- 500,000,000 of them.

I'll take talking about guns, thank you.