1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

actually, it is worth more than the top five automakers (Toyota, GM, F, etc. ) combined.

Sajan likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

i am a believer in CRWD

w the profit from the 105 and 108 options, i constructed this calendar call spread

bto Jan 2021 135 strike CALL
    sto Sep 25 2020 135 strike CALL, net $12.45
    will keep on rolling fwd the front leg to a higher strike CALL til Xmas

#11342 adoo, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

ZM, like TSLA, is another stock that is way overvalued and ready for a fire sale. These robinhood yahoos are really stupid to put their money into these companies. If people were smart they would invest in oil companies and the banks...

4. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Heres a stock that I think has good value and is worth looking into:

$FUBO

I'm extremely against OTC but this should get uplisted in the coming weeks, and streaming TV marketing is huge. Disney is a stakeholder as well. Obviously do your DD, but I don't consider this a normal OTC stock.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Shares of Tesla Inc. TSLA, +12.56% rocketed 12.6% in Monday trading, helping the car maker become the seventh-largest U.S. company in terms of market capitalization. Tesla finished Monday's session with a valuation of $464.3 billion as it beat out Visa Inc. V, -1.72% for the first time to take over the No. 7 slot

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think they're an investor in it "by association". They acquired another company that happened to acquire Fubo before that. I don't remember the company's name, but I remember reading about it when reading about Disney a couple of weeks ago. Should be interesting to see what they do with FuboTV since they have Disney+.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

8. adoo

adoo Member

this one is breaking out towards above 92

[​IMG]
    SBUX has been one of my core stock holdings; i've also been holding a Jan 2021 75 CALL,
    off which i've sold higher strike CALLs ~ on monthly basis

i want to participate in this new trend, so, i've constructed this bullish PUT spread, 10-2-20 exp

bto 82.5 strike PUT
    sto 87.5 strike PUT,
    collecting $2.55 premium in advance, defining my max risk to be $2.45

9. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Correct, however CreditSuisse has backed them too for $20M. Worth a small position. They have already filed to be uplisted and I would think it would pop on the uplisting alone. Then take some profits and play with house money.

10. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Sure on paper the Fed is independent. Trump can also push more stimulus checks. My point being is do we expect the Federal govt to stop pumping money into the economy before the election and in my opinion is the answer is no. And yes, inflation is going to be unavoidable unfortunately so it's gonna be tricky trying to not to hold too much cash over the next few years.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Tesla is selling 5 billion in stock. Surprised they aren't selling 100 billion. Stock just goes up. It shouldn't be too hard to sell it.

Sajan likes this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

13. adoo

adoo Member

ur confused.

Fed is an independent body, on paper and in practice.
    stimulus checks are generated by the Treasury dept, they have nothing to do w the Fed.

bluntly put,
    ur late to the dance. the Fed has been saying this since 2009, at every FOMC meeting, and has re-affirmed it again last Wed.

14. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Bluntly put, it looks like the party changed in 2020.

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

A picture is worth a thousand word,

the chart shows a continuation of uptrend in liquidity which had started way before 2020​

16. adoo

adoo Member

not very growth stock is like a zoom or tsla,

this relative "slow" grower is not doing so bad

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I fomo'd into picking up nvidia. The new cards are pretty crazy. Raw compute power + real innovation with their AI processor and up-scaling technology. Long term, CUDA is a real moat, that I doubt AMD and Intel will ever overcome for machine learning.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, Nvidia's new cards are insane. Those specs look great.

saitou likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I watched that thing skyrocket yesterday afternoon after earnings, and the only thing I could think about was my last week at my job that I quit back in February. That company used Zoom, Okta, and Workday ... and on my way out we were talking about how overvalued Tesla was. Didn't buy any of them. :D

I always wanted to pick up NVDA since it was sub-$200 and CRM since it was around $100 maybe. I regret never getting any NVDA, but at least I did grab some CRM back in February during the crash and again in April, during the recovery. You just made me want NVDA again. :D Days like this make it too easy to want to buy, though, since almost everything is up. Another reason to buy something else is I think I'm way overweight AAPL now owning AAPL, BRK.B and SPY (or just sell some AAPL *gasp*).

*EDIT* : you're also making me want to buy a new video card...

saitou likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

WKHS up 8.5%, NIO 5.5%, SHLL 18% today respect these gains lol. I should sell all 3 and TSLA I can see that crash on the horizon.

saitou likes this.