1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Going to need more concrete evidence other than he doesn’t “look happy”.

he’s playing hurt... and he’s not playing well in a contract year... certainly could be playing a role in his on field demeanor.

Also, him being African American shouldn’t go unnoticed... recent events definitely impacting families throughout sports.

#561 Nick, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I think that's the problem is so many speculate on Springer without any concrete evidence. We haven't heard from any insiders that Springer isn't happy here. Now whether we sign him long-term or not? Who knows. But the speculation is too much sometimes.

3. raining threes

His dad is African American.

Why is it multi racial kids seem to identify with the African American side of their family?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Robbie Ray to the Blue Jays

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's Puerto Rican and Panamanian.

Trying to judge how he feels is impossible but I do think he think he likes it here.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

I'd take Bradley on the cheap.

9. donkeypunch

Lol. Jankees fans being jankees fans on the Robbie ray tweet- wondering wtf cashman is doing right now sitting on his hands.

mikol13 likes this.
  10. HTown2017Champs

No thanks. Flipped off the Astros. And isn’t he the guy who crapped his pants during a game? Smellier than any trash cans in our dugout.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Is this a serious question? Many just view themselves as biracial. Some in my family said everyone else outside the family views them as being black and they are treated as if they are black, so they eventually view themselves as black.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I've heard from a solid source prior to the season that Springer was not happy about the harassment in the aftermath of the cheating scandal. Whether it affects Springer re-signing will likely depend on how the season goes, offers made, and how he feels during the offseason. I would not put my head in the sand thinking the harrassment he's received will not be a part of his decision making criteria. Though, it isn't the only criteria, either hopefully.

TWS1986 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. dream_team

dream_team Member

I think Springer loves it here! I think he loves the fans as well as his teammates.

But I do think he does hates the situation the Astros are in w/ the sign-stealing crap. I'm not implying he wants to leave because of that, though.

The biggest thing is this is his best chance to land a big pay day, and I won't fault him going for that. I also won't fault the Astros if they aren't willing to pay Springer what he may get elsewhere.

14. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Ray was aquired for a Rule 5 guy by the Blue Jays wow.

15. donkeypunch

Jays get Walker and Ray for peanuts. Dbacks threw in 300k in cash as well. LOL

16. Dalton Pence

Dalton Pence Member

Stock had dropped and no leverage with him being a likely rental. However, that was an insanely cheap asking price

mikol13, RayRay10 and HTown2017Champs like this.
  17. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like i said, it's just my opinion. He doesn't look happy. Doesn't mean he isnt happy with the Astros. Doesn't mean he isn't going to be back next year.

Totally agree on what you said about him being hurt, struggling, and being African American.

I still believe he is going to get hot and I hope like hell it happens in October.

18. raining threes

I must be weird then because I don't view people this way. For instance I never have viewed Springer as black or white for that matter.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

His family (especially his sister) have been pretty outspoken over the years about racial tension issues... and more as of late. (her twitter picture is a version of the BLM logo).

He and his sister are very close... as he is with his entire family.

Not trying to profile him in any way... just pointing out another variable that could be impacting his demeanor as of late.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think you are weird. However, yes a lot of people (I would argue most) view bi racial children as black. At least from what I have seen in my own family and have observed and been told by friends that are biracial.

RayRay10 and raining threes like this.