1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jamal Murray is fast becoming my favorite non Rocket player in NBA.

2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Time for Harden to put a bow on this one.

3. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I worry about this too. Unlike past playoffs, this year in the bubble, they've learned to call early touch fouls on Harden. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him get 3 in the first quarter. Then 2 more while still in the 3rd. After that, they call a fair game like nothing was ever fishy.

4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Darryl Morey (analytics coaching): keep ‘en under 100. Shoot 20 more 3’s than they do. Shoot at least 21 free throws.

RayRay10, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

his girlfriend is hot if you know what Im saying

Tfor3, Jontro and D-rock like this.
  6. RCPM

RCPM Member

GO ROCKETS!!!

saleem and RayRay10 like this.
  7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

its so nice having westbrook back!!! his presence cancels out the effectiveness of dort. easy win. Westbrook will have a mismatch in the post and can kick it out to wide open shooters who can then easily drive or shoot.

easy win. they are toast.

Hakeemtheking, vlaurelio and hakeem94 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10, Theking and bmelo like this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wtf they have to give us the late game? It’s only two games today

DooghMaster9, hakeem94 and bro2044 like this.
  10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Okc just keeps hurting Houston players. It is not good to play with dirty players. Rockets should close the game tomorrow.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

that girl is pro

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

#72 pippendagimp, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    slothy420 likes this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Time to close 'em out, don't give them hope.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

15. BigTex

BigTex Member

Ugh Marc Davis

I think he actually did game 2 tho. Which was the only game about even in fouls / free throws

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

bmelo, Tfor3, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I like the theory of shooting at least 21 free throws, but the refs decide that, we don’t. So far, there has been an enormous disparity between us and OKC. Game 5? They were gifted twice the fouls on us by the refs compared to the fouls on the Thunder. The free throws weren’t as bad because several of the fouls on OKC were on Houston’s drives, so we went to the line on a lot of ours. Still, they took 23 to our 14. They certainly fouled us as often as we fouled them, probably more, but the fouls weren’t called.

We need to keep driving to the hoop and drawing contact. Maybe the refs will get a little embarrassed if their bias is obvious enough. Doubtful, but we should keep driving to the basket anyway. It’s a key to winning, and not only against OKC, in my opinion.

waytookrzy079 and RayRay10 like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I have a feeling refs want this series over .

I don’t think they will **** us too hard . Better to Llull us into a false sense of security .

other series are starting . How much good does an OKC Houston game 7 really do from a monetary perspective? Sure it makes us a little more beat up for LA , but they can just kill us in that series . (I hope maybe they won’t given more people will be watching)

I think the nba got about as much out of OKC as possible . Now , they could play great tonight and they don’t have to do much work .. but you cannot tell me g3 and g4 were not manufactured wins for OKC .. you just can’t . I’ve never seen Reffing bias that bad . Outside of Sac / La .. but that was like 1 game . They had to spot OKC like 20+ points per game to keep them in it . Furthermore Reffing got in our head .

I’m concerned , it’s a problem for the team . Hopefully WB being back helps in that regard.

PJ would not have gotten punched in the nuts had g3 and g4 not gone the way it did . OKC players figured they could get away with murder because they had been and g5 doesn’t even happen (we sweep)

look at point differential , look at ft disparity , look at fg% indicators , turnovers etc ... we are the superior team . For the most part we’ve played like it outside of the end of g3 and g4 . We’ve had guys in foul trouble which has effected the defense and sometimes shots don’t fall .

we have to be wary of ****ery, but can’t explode at the first missed call . I think nba will let this series come to its natural end if we play well enough . And for the love of God , MDA , develop a strategy to deal with bad Reffing in future rounds . Flip a coin between Bruno and DeMarre and have them start working on their elbows and body slams

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let’s go Houston Rockets! Knock em out!

Tfor3, D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bruno is weak as a thin stick. DeMarre is an old pro. He can stick it to ‘em. Bring on Tyson for a shot to the head, if OKC starts playing dirty.

Hakeemtheking likes this.