1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Smells like you’ve been with other men...”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by finsraider, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I agree 110%, he definitely shouldn't be used as a poster boy for reform but that ship has sailed.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Our country isn't ruled by Kings with a mandate from God. It's mostly by Rule of Law.

When the president isn't held to the same standard as other citizens, the people immediately below him follows his cues. This then ripples across the food chain.

Not being able to prosecute a president while in office has it's pros and cons (potus supporters will call it a politically motivated coup or distraction). That's why it's even more important for them to set a gold standard of behavior, if only to make their bully pulpit more credible but also to reinforce people's faith in the system and our shared values.

What you're commenting on is a new normal. Potus can break all the laws he wants with impunity and say the most mean spirited things on tweets. Don't be surprised other people follow suit expecting to get away with it.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's less who cares and more shooting someone in the back seven times is pretty f'ed up regardless of what crimes he is alleged to have committed.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Murder = incident go down wrong in Senator's world.

JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Not a connection i made or even thought of, wasn't metoo during trump? I could be wrong though

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Very predictable from Trumplicans. More predictable than Bob O'Brien's play-calling on a Sunday afternoon.

First thing they do, obviously find out his name, then first thing go dig up his record/history.
    Does he have a history?
    Was he resisting arrest?

Answer yes to either, he deserved to get shot/killed.

Now ask them about their white MAGA brothers, their white supremacists, their white mass murderers ... "Innocent until proven guilty! Stop plastering his name/photo all over the web! Innocent until proven guilty! He deserves his day in court!

#26 J.R., Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Shootings by police are extremely rare. Ideally they would have subdued him without 7 shots. I am hesitant to label it racially motivated at this point.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Extremely?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

what's the actual numbers? is it more common then it seems?

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it is a matter of perspective. I would consider it pretty rare based on the numbers that I have seen. Of course, one is too many but it is a tough job.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I suspect MeToo under Trump's "very nasty" behavior made the movement more extreme in the sense that during its peak, every little infraction was being brought up (Aziz's "bad date") to the point where just simple questioning in public became accused as misogynistic. They felt their gains over the years were being washed away with the new normal while the system let people like Weinstein get away with murder.

Trump was a married man who not only paid different people for sex, but also got into legal trouble for allegedly using campaign money for one of those women's silence. All the sexist stuff he's said about female political figures over time didn't really signal to women that he'd defend their rights in the workplace and likely reinforced attitudes for the latter.

So they self organized and pretty much dictated the conversation rather than the normal process of bringing in everyone involved.

FranchiseBlade and astrosrule like this.
  12. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Yes he has rights, but so did his victim.
    For some crimes in this country, you forfeit them.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Alleged victim, alleged crimes.

And, no, the right to not be gunned down like an animal by law enforcement is not forfeited because you are accused of a crime.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The current president is accused of raping a 13 year old girl.

Rocket River

15. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

There was a warrant for his arrest. He was a violent person who liked to abuse women armed with a knife.
    He resisted arrest and defied direct orders from police and foolishly reached inside his car. Stupid.

right1 likes this.
  16. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Is there a police report?

generalthade_03 likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HE RICH and they buy they way out . . . . like his friend Epstein
    before he got himself suicided.

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

All I have to say is none of you should ever say "rapist deserve the worst possible death".

I have a feeling many of you would be perfectly fine with this guy getting shot in the back 7 times if it was your daughter.

Bottom line, everyone deserves their day in court with a fair trial, regardless of crime.

Jayzers_100 and Corrosion like this.
  19. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I hope no-one on here thinks that millions of others should have to pay for this guys outright stupidity.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Didn't trump say grab them by p***y?

FranchiseBlade likes this.