1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Rockets legend Robert Horry still nailing clutch shots:

Also, Westbrook (and Paul) spoke with Jordan before the players-owners meeting and Jordan became the mediator of that meeting after he took notes from Russ and Paul. I assume that's why play was resumed so swiftly.

Looks like Russ is instrumental in all of this, which makes sense why Harden is laying back. He's not going to go out there and show boat (LIKE SOME PEOPLE) if he agrees with the players' agenda.

D-rock likes this.
  2. the shark

the shark Member

Get the F out of here that it's about the "lack of justice".

Where's the justice for David Dorn? You know the retired cop who was murdered protecting a business that he was hired to protect from looters. He was black where was the Media and more importantly BLM???

They didn't give a **** about him because it didn't fit their narrative (black people killed by white cops).

Does BLM care about black people who were killed by black cops?

Where does DESTROYING and LOOTING people's businesses (black people's businesses) fit the movement???

BLM comes out and says the looters were right to do this and that it's reparations??.

IS THIS WHAT THE MOVEMENT IS ABOUT???

BLM is sending threatening letters to business owners demanding they hire X % of their workforce to be black, DEMANDING that they give 10% of their income to black charity's in the area.....and if they don't they'll make their lives/businesses pay the price.....is this part of the movement too????

This is called a SHAKE DOWN!!!

Is DEFUNDING the police going to help these poor communities who are run by gangs and desperately need the protection they have????

Is that part of the movement as well???

These poor communities need jobs, and why would ANYONE, black or white or Hispanic or Asian, invest $$ into a community that is the wild west and isn't protected and that people will come and destroy and loot it and you want to defund the police?? Why would ANYONE invest $ in a crime ridden area?

You want people to hear your cause, you don't threaten them or try to shake them down if they don't do what you want and when you want it.

Black lives matter.....damn straight they do.

Where's all of the outrage of thousands of black people being murdered by other black people every single week???

Where's BLM and the media outraged of what happens (and has been happening for years) in Chicago EVERY single day....blacks killing blacks???

Seems to me, according to BLM, only some black lives matter.....those that are killed by white cops....and they SHOULD BE OUTRAGED but they should also be just as outraged by any innocent black person being killed.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So you LIED when you said that you cared?

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Way to spin that and infer what suits your hollow argument.

I will not be replying to your future comments.

Thx

#784 Tfor3, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

See above response
    Thx

#785 Tfor3, Aug 28, 2020
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

LBJ said at the meeting he has to take care of those - QUOTE - "beneath me".

I would have thrown a chair at him. Yes, I know what would ensue.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

#788 D-rock, Aug 28, 2020
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread has gone downhill fast and we should be moving posts like this to D&D. I think news/analysis around the NBA should be kept here but we're starting to spiral here.

By the way, David Dorn's killer was arrested on June 7th and is facing first degree murder charges. Justice is being served. The rest of the verbal diarrhea here are the same old tired arguments that can be discussed elsewhere.

Back to the point, I think the players did really well here. They demonstrated their leverage and brought the owners to the table on specific changes and initiatives that can be made. Good for them. They also kept their bubble platform and are continuing to play, which keeps the financial health of the league going. I think they executed really well and deserve a lot of credit from a tactical point of view.

harold bingo and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree or disagree?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have been so impressed with Doc (and MDA) doing his part to keep these issues relevant.

durvasa likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

As unbelievable and sad these vids have been, I'm worried that America will become inured to all the police brutality being documented in such a short period of time.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Seriously? 44 likes for this nonsense? It's that hard for people to understand why players would care more about their brothers getting shot by figures of authority with too much power and too little accountability in their home country just because they look like themselves than they care about Hong Kong? Not to mention that they don't have nearly as much control over what China's people or government see or do.

Don't get me wrong, what's happening in Hong Kong is deplorable, but this comparison is just silly, and it's sad how many of you apparently thought it was some kind of profound message.

But if this is some weird sarcastic troll or some ****, then whatever.

#800 SuperMarioBro, Aug 28, 2020
    BMoney likes this.