1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

another former player rocketfan probably knows @Reeko that he is so sure will agree with him!

Rudyc281, Lovemachine2000 and Reeko like this.
  3. Rocketsfan3422

im confused what has the NBA owners need to do? What have they done?

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Do you believe the same thing happens to a suburban white teen or a white woman? Hell no

Race matters because cops always seem to believe their life is in danger around black people. I highly doubt he was going for a weapon with guns pointed at him and his kids in the car....even if he was he obviously did not have one outside the vehicle. How is it three officers cant subdue one unarmed man? Oh hes not listening to us lets just kill him. Luckily he survived.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. malakas

malakas Member

The Orlando Magic owners , the DeVos family am sure can do something.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's pretty easy...

Most of us: Have little power except our vote and the ability to protest.
    NBA players: Have a platform they can use to force more powerful people to take action.
    NBA owners: Have the money, the contacts, and the power to at least get conversations started with the people in a position to effect real change.

jayydela, gotsis, Rudyc281 and 4 others like this.
  8. Rocketsfan3422

Ok thanks

topfive likes this.
  9. Aware

Aware Member

lmao are those the hodge twins? i used to love those guys back in high school when they were all about bustin in some sugar walls.

sad too see they've fallen off that hard.

BeBreezy likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, Horry poured his heart out...ungrateful, entitled “fans” think the players should give a damn about entertaining them right now so that they can “escape” :rolleyes:

these players have kids...they just saw a father get shot 7 times in the back with his 3 kids in the car, and decided enough was enough...ungrateful ”fans” who are full of themselves are like “well I‘m done with the league, and I’m not paying for season tickets...that’ll show them who allows them to pay their bills” :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DVauthrin, gotsis, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

For sure, many of the owners will refuse to take any action at all unless the league office orders it (not likely in this case). But even 5 or 6 of these guys stepping up to the plate could improve the situation. Cuban has a big audience and a lot of clout, for example. Steve Ballmer can definitely get politicians to listen. Hell, even that douchebag Knicks owner probably has some sway with NY-area politicians.

Deckard likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

*deleted*

Reason: stupid post.

Hey, nobody's perfect.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

One of the biggest issues with debates (on the internet or in person, but moreso on the internet) is people thinking that they'll look foolish or sacrifice dignity by admitting even the possibility that they may be wrong or that they have something to learn. There are far worse things to be in life than "wrong", and worse things to say than "good point". You actually sacrifice more dignity by burying your head in the sand.

There is no shame in changing your mind on this or any other topic. Hell, maybe I'm even wrong, but so far, all the evidence I've seen leads me to stand, passionately, on the side that I currently stand.

But I think I'm preaching to the choir here, you've seemed very receptive here and a lot less stubborn than a typical debate counterpart. Props, brotato.

14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'm pretty sure I have more degrees than you have teeth.

When you want to have a discussion you can come back with something better. All I'm saying is that awareness alone isn't solving anything, and it isn't solving it today, tonight, tomorrow, or within the next decade.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You need to see my discussion with RocketsFanFirst. This officer does not deserve your benefit of the doubt.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, Aunt Betsy had one job with respect to schools and she's not exactly getting a passing grade AS I TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE **** TO DO WITH MY KIDS TOMORROW FOR THE 155TH STRAIGHT DAY

so.. I wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket

Red.Glare, DVauthrin and malakas like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

@STR8Thugg, I'm honestly a bit confused by you in this thread. I get too main things: 1) You actually believe that the BLM movement has a valid reason for their protests (can't tell if you're an actual supporter or not), and 2) You hate that the NBA players have decided that this is the time where they need to make a statement by walking away from playoffs games, and you question their point in protesting in this particular manner.

Correct me if I'm wrong about those two.

With all due respect (and I mean that), I totally understand that you wanted the distractions that sports give you and can't understand the rationale of the players today. Still, every one of those players has a right to express his political opinions in the manner he sees fit, so long as he's also willing to accept any consequences. I feel you should give them that leeway. Whether or not you think it will make a difference is immaterial to everyone except you. To them, this is a big deal, and a big moment, and a big choice. And all the forum arguing in the world isn't going to alter any of that.

Will the players' decision today makes a difference? Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. But don't begrudge them this major choice that affects their own lives much greater than it affects the lives of most fans (myself included).

Just a suggestion.

#537 topfive, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'm sorry I offended you.

I never once said I'm done with the Rockets or the league. I have tried explaining this and defending myself multiple times but it's clear you either can't read or you choose not to.

And yes, I have the audacity to say you're assuming things... because you have and continue to do so, without actually looking at physical evidence. I have the striking suspicion this isn't the first time for you.

I am not the one-sided, bigot, mule you can ride your played-out, stereotyped opinions on, and for that I am also sorry.

We have nothing further to discuss. Be well and God bless.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[/QUOTE]

For a moment I thought Inter Milan and Atalanta from the Italian league.

You know we have gone too far if the Italians are protesting racism here lulz...

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  20. Mr. Space City