1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Republican National Convention 2020 thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 18, 2020.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I wonder if a violation of the Hatch Act is a criminal act. I know you can lose your job and pension rights. We are going to eventually need people put in jail to start limiting corruption.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. That administration just keeps on pushing the limits to bend the laws how they wish.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. glynch

One article I read is that only 3% of Dems will switch to Trump and only 5% of Repubs will switch to Biden. The turnout the base may be the strongest way to go. The Dems aside from their identity lineup have done very little to appeal to progressive and younger voters who voted for Sanders. Catering to Iraq War cheerleader/deceiver Powell and the Stop and Frisk billionaire/anti BLM Bloomberg is a slap in the face for us. Just relying on the Sanders speech alone to appeal to a growing progressive base is risky.

#343 glynch, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    RayRay10 and sirbaihu like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Bye Felicia.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Someone's got their mojo working overtime...
    [​IMG]
    How do you defend the indefensible? With mojo.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m sure Bernie would have just yelled McConnell into submission.

Your equating of Obama to Trump is fascinatingly obnoxious for someone who claims to be progressive. It gives credence to the notion that there are Trump trolls who pose as Bernie supporters just to cause division. I never bought it before with you, but these past two posts don’t help the case.

RayRay10, Jayzers_100 and jiggyfly like this.
  7. glynch

I misses it. Can I assume it was a Norwegian and not someone from one of Trump's shitthole countries?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. glynch

I suppose you are of the all too frequent school that one is a Trumper and boosting his election chances, unless they say Obama can do no wrong and Trump for instance, despite his insane psychopathy isn't even capable for instance of an occasion humorous remark.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. glynch

Absolutely and Trump and the folks who try to rig the election should be jailed. We have seen what not putting some of the banksters in jail after 2008 has wrought.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. glynch

Fear can be very motivating. A friend reported that when riding a bike in Timbergrove she saw a house with a Biden sign and a big Black Lives Matter sign that also had a sign protesting a proposed lower income housing development in the area.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of friends posted this message.

Who can forget Tiffany Trump’s heart-warming 2016 RNC speech about that time she was going through some tough times and her father called her on the phone? Apparently, nothing like that has happened since, but #CancelCulture or something.

I loved it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. glynch

I think Melania might be insanely passive aggressive and telling Trump and America: "I'll do it but you can't make me enjoy this bs." Either that she or she needed an extra dose of downers to stomach it. One has to wonder about the terms of their pre-nup. Or perhaps he controls her much like his bud Epstein controlled his prey.

#352 glynch, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

14. glynch

If you are referring to me, I am not going anyway, and the Democratic Party of Colon Powell and Bloomberg will be going away soon.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes I am referring to you since the DNC is not kissing your ass you want to leave, so bye.

You are not good at predicting things, remember when you claimed Biden would be out by Iowa?

So you think demonizing most of the democratic party is gonna be your ticket to taking over the party?

How did that work out in the primaries?

RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  16. glynch

Just to be clear, you are a lifelong Democrat like I am?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does this have to do with anything?

How would that clear up the fact you have been totally wrong since before the primaries?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I posted that. But you read it wrong. Here it is again, PEW from Aug 13th.

It showed those supporting Trump in 16 is switching to Biden by 5 points, and those supporting Clinton is switching to Trump by 4 pts. Pretty much a wash. The big diff is those that didn't support either is now going to Biden by 16 pts. The argument can be made that the base was going to stay where they were in 16 and it's a war for the votes of those that set on the side line or decided to vote 3rd party. That means a more progressive candidate would likely do worse among these 3rd-party voters in 16 and by my own extension, those that sat on the sideline.

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How you get from equating Trump and Obama to “Obama can do no wrong” speaks to the lack on seriousness you want to really have a conversation with not just someone on the other side of the isle, but another progressive.

Im sick of those so-called progressives doing Trumps bidding by equating to create the narrative that both are equally as bad so don’t vote Dem and help Trump get elected.

It’s like if Obama was playing Trump in a basketball game and Obama went 18-20 but Trump went 1-20. However somehow you equate that Obama’s 2 shots missed are the same as Trumps 19 shots missed.

Obama or Biden for that matter are not even on the same level of terrible as Trump but your purity test just because they are not Bernie equates both. You might not be a Trump supporter in reality but you are certainly a sucker to fall into this trap to do the bidding of the right by furthering anti Democratic narratives.

Yes, Obama should be criticized. Biden should be criticized. But for every shot they miss there are 20x as many shots missed by Trump that any normal sane citizen should be crying foul about first and foremost if they want to remain somewhat credible.

And b****ing about Obama’s presidency while Trump is literally breaking the law in plain site to become an autocrat by stealing the election is like crying about someone’s dog pooping in your yard while your house is in flames.

20. glynch

Oh well. I prefer to think in a bit longer time frame. Sort of replying to Dobro, who I agree with often, is it just possible that the Dems of Obama-Biden are partly responsible for Trump?

RayRay10 likes this.