1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh, I'm not blaming you. I was just wondering if you got in. It's not like I got into it. lol. I'm similar to you. I'm looking more into companies that will be around 5-10 years from now, but at least in about 3 or 4 cases, I made exceptions and went with companies that looked like they could appreciate big within a year or so (if not a week!). There are a lot of stocks I've passed up on simply it just looked like a FOMO trade, and I just abided by my "when in doubt, don't buy" philosophy.

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Congrat$. Regret not getting in on this. Been eying this for a long time because of tableau. I think the SNOW IPO may have helped as well, they are an early investor. Have you taken a look at HUBS? Seems like the alternative choice for smaller companies now; heard from friends that they found HUBS core product easier to use for non-IT people, but that's anecdotal.

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16028/better-yield-on-5nm-than-7nm-tsmc-update-on-defect-rates-for-n5

https://semiaccurate.com/2020/08/25/marvell-talks-about-tsmcs-5nm-process/

5nm at TSMC looks awesome, and Marvell are already using it. Future looks bright for these 2 + AMD. Is below considered a bull flag?

[​IMG]

adoo likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

5. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I'm so glad I avoided NIO and BIGC.

Sajan likes this.
  6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have a whopping 10 shares of BIGC. Nobody needs to listen to be go on about about NIO though :confused:

adoo likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow. I guess CRM wasn’t done. Nice. Quite a few cloud/tech stocks are flying today.

Somebody also woke up NFLX... for some reason.

Sinovac is testing out a coronavirus vaccine in China on volunteers and healthcare workers. It trades under the symbol SVA on NASDAQ.

But you can’t buy it. Haha.

9. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

How is it listed on NASDAQ but we can't buy it?

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

[​IMG]
    Earnings coming up. Practically no put volume on the monthly.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Trading has been halted for. ever. (over a year) Months ago I put it on my watch list when I thought it was among one or two Chinese companies that were "close" to a vaccine. But when I looked to see if it was traded, it was halted for trading and apparently still is. CNBC mentioned a boardroom battle. This article explains the internal battle (crazy story worth a read) :

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2020-05-22/money-stuff-a-vaccine-with-a-poison-pill

It's a $6 stock. Can you imagine what it would be right now if it wasn't halted? lol.

Cokebabies likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Probably means I'm doomed. :D

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

@saitou

Have you heard anything about TRNE (SPAC merging with the company Desktop Metal)? It just got a mention on CNBC. It's an industrial 3D-printing house that has big-name investors and customers (supposedly Toyota, Ford, GM, etc.). I haven't looked into how much they're selling and to whom, but the fact they're already producing is always a plus when it comes to these SPAC mergers. lol! I don't know how much of a gamble this is :

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ompany-at-2-5-billion-valuation-idUSKBN25M1CP

https://www.desktopmetal.com/
    https://www.desktopmetal.com/uploads/Desktop-Metal-Investor-Presentation-FINAL.pdf

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What software platform is that?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Never heard of it, but looks very promising. If it stays at current price I may pick up some, if it jumps I'll stay out, too many to juggle. This is all gambling, just a matter of likelihood vs reward haha.

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Barchart.com another helpful member recommended it a bunch of pages back, it's my browser homepage now haha.

RKREBORN likes this.
  18. adoo

adoo Member

Meyer left Disney to run a large / powerful co, which TikTok USA was, not a division head of a tech giant.

from this can infer that a deal is coming soon. one ccan i could this "after-marke"t news from yesterday be the reason that MSFT is popping pre-market today ?

#11298 adoo, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    CCity Zero, Sajan and saitou like this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Yup. pretty much what he said without explicitly saying it.

“I understand that the role that I signed up for—including running TikTok globally—will look very different as a result of the US Administration’s action to push for a sell off of the US business,” he added.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, on MSFT, whoever got the options this morning at ~0.48-0.70 killed it, looks like people exited at ~5.00-7.50.... For the $225 call shortly after open.

I've been trying XOM for easy puts, it's worked so far ... W/ DJIA and other factors all hitting could go a bit more, not nearly as exciting with what MSFT and others did, and w/ Friday approaching movement might slow.