1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 8/29/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 24, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

That's fine if he takes 8-10 shots, not fine when he plays 40 mins and jacks 10 3's.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. haiti_king

haiti_king Member

Piss poor coaching job in game 4, Rivers should be on Schroder 24-7 , no switch...obvious adjustment for game 5. He also penetrates more than anyone on the team except for Russ

3. fattz

fattz Member

Moral victories don’t win championships. Stop with all the “we should have“ , “but we were” “at least” & “if they” all led to a shortened season.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Coaches thoughts..,
    If a chance to win is the goal; don’t play because it’s a waste of time. If good time is your goal don’t expect your paycheck because it’s a hobby and not your job. If it is just your job and not your passion it shows and wasting time and space on this team. There is only one championship ever year if it’s not you then don’t suit up. If it is you then let’s get the trophy to prove all the work leading up to this was not a waste of time. The hours in the gym when everyone else is asleep or a partying. The time away from loved ones. Why?... For this very moment... it’s here the time is now. Are you ready? It really doesn’t matter because now is here. All eyes are one you.

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Actually okc uses the young guy to destroy harden energy and use cp3 to guard green. MDA uses good method to break defence the beginning and does not use in the 2nd half. Westbrooks should help MDA to call timeout. MDA always calls out too late

6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i aint giving up yet. hakeem's rockets were down 2-0 and 3-1 and came back. They blew a 20 point lead in the fourth and was labeled choke city.

ride or die Harden, EG. i've been watching this damn team for a decade and i aint ready to throw them under a bus yet. this is where champions define themselves. they come out of the testing, out of the fire.

ride or die harden, we aint got nowhere to go, but to believe in you.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Offense isnt the problem. Harden isnt the problem. Even the bad shooting and supporting help isnt the problem IMO.

Its been the defensive intensity. The hustle and energy. Thunder have been outworking the Rockets. Cant happen. That's easily fixable in my opinion and MDA better have some piss and vinegar in his system today if these yahoos want to Cadillac - im trying to see Demarre, Bruno and Luc get some playing time. What happened to that "new" paint defense everyone was so impressed by in Game 1??

Austin Rivers - MIA ... Benny Mac - MIA ... if those dudes arent providing anything on either end then you need to find a spark - Houston is the deeper team and yet MDA has shortened his rotation and Donovan has expanded his and its wearing down the Rockets. MDA needs to do a better job of minutes distribution and read the room better. He was on point the first two games with the timeouts substitutions + good plays out of timeouts, but lately its been a damn circus out there, thats on him too he needs to coach better.

We outclass these guys without any excuses, if the ROX put in the effort they win.

jcmoon and RayRay10 like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

10. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Hey dudes, I know I let a lot of you down last game by guaranteeing the victory. I gave you a false sense of security, and for that, i am deeply ashamed. But I truly believe this will be a boring win. Go Rockets!

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I refuse to believe harden will not have one of these big bubble games on his bday today. Who helps him along the way today!

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with Feigen. How the Rockets lost the last two games is very obvious. Lack of focus on execution and unwillingness to change when the threes weren't falling.

Hakeemtheking, DeBeards and RayRay10 like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Like the rest of y'all I'm pissed about what we saw the last two games but I still have hope. This needs to be a very focused game. Can't afford mistakes on both ends of the court. That means not jacking up threes from 10 feet beyond the arc early in the shot clock.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Come on guys, it's good to feel the pain when things are going our way. But we also have to snap and look ahead. It's 0-0 best of 3. Today we start with right foot and we continue to buy time for the cavalry. It's one more effort.

It's James Harden's Day too! let's make it happen!!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

By the end of the night, we'll know if the Rockets will get their **** together or completely implode.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rockets will win if Hartenstein plays significant minutes.

Killatron 2000, RayRay10 and J Sizzle like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So....basically exactly how they lose every playoff game. Nothing will change.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep...

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

For 3 quarters, this is true.

Once the 4th quarter hits, this is pretty much the main two problems. Nothing will change.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Covington on the amount of free throws the Rockets are getting
    “That’s on the refs’ perception. We can’t control that aspect,” Rockets forward Robert Covington said. “We feel like he missed calls. But that’s not on us to sit up here (and complain). We just have to keep playing within our offense.”

RayRay10 and AceOfSpades like this.