1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Republican National Convention 2020 thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If only the repugnants had a Julia louise dreyfus bringing the comedy gold.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Sounds like the ideal House Negro...

Dubious and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You see it, you just don't want to believe it, why? He's been the same guy for 40 years.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah no.

Not buying that it was just hot wifing.

You don't give the kid stuffing your wife 2 million dollars.

There was more to this, and it isn't just limited to this kid

Swords have crossed.

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...set-address-gop-convention-jerusalem-n1237956

Diplomats aghast as Pompeo set to address GOP convention from Jerusalem
    "It's all just shredding the Hatch Act," a current State Department official says of Pompeo's speech.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he did say that. The reason I don't believe that, is because Biden would have listened to health officials' instead of doing the opposite. He says he will. Trump pushed for governors to reopen and allow them to do so without meeting benchmarks for reopening. Biden didn't go around pushing a no mask stance, and all the other nonsense. He wouldn't have held Maskless rallies, or pushed his governors to reopen schools and colleges football during the pandemic.

The Republican governors tied the hands of their mayors from enforcing more stringent lockdowns. This is what Trump wants. He wants schools and kids thrown into an experiment. Biden wouldn't be screaming out to vote in person during a pandemic just because he doesn't see any safety concerns people have or doesn't care like Trump. Heck, our Governor doesn't even mandate masks inside the polling stations. Our Senate denied requests for people to be able to absentee vote for fear of Covid.

That pleases Trump, even though he won't vote in person but can go golfing every weekend, go fundraising in between, and travel all over the country. Sorry. There is no proof or even reasonable guessing Biden would have let this whole disaster happen as Trump did. Trump even said he would never go into lockdown again and said just deal with it. Our Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton seemed ok to let Grandparents die for the future of their grandchildren. These are Trump loyalists. This is Trump's watch, not Biden's.

Also, you will never, ever hear Trump admit he was wrong. He is incapable of ever taking responsibility for anything he does. He is the one who claims to know everything, not Biden. He says he knows more than almost anybody on just about every subject. This is why he can't make the best decisions or take the advice of experts. Either he thinks he knows more or he just doesn't care.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Isn't that the truth. I mean, no surprise, considering all the men Trump has hired who have already been charged with felonies. I imagine at this point he feels invincible to getting caught for breaking any laws. He's played the con game so many years and never been thrown in prison yet.

#229 deb4rockets, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I have no reason to trust a compulsive liar. I hate how he has divided our country and how he brags about everything he does, even if it involves hundreds of thousands of sick or dead Americans. I do hate his bragging and bullying and name calling.

I think it's an embarassing look for an American President, and gives America a bad look. I have no reason to like him, respect him, or trust him. I see him as a con man living off the riches of fools. That's why I can't vote for him in 2020.

#230 deb4rockets, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

There comes a point when you have to wonder if it's the desire to move up the political ladder to stand by him now. Either that, or it's just about money. It's the rich Biden will tax, and it's the rich Trump caters to in tax loops and perks.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Shietttt. I'm actually SURPRISED.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

The TV viewership numbers are out for day one of each convention. 14.6 million watched the DNC on the 6 networks while 11.6 million watched the RNC.

I feel like the Republicans tweet out some numbers that only exist because the youtube algorithm favored different networks for each convention and everyone goes crazy. We'll have to see how the internet viewership turns out (if it can be calculated at all) but I'm skeptical of all of the purported RNC numbers until they find a way to aggregate across streams and platforms.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Lots of people don't even watch conventions anyway, so I don't see that as a sign of much. I didn't watch any of the convention stuff. I already know who I'm voting for.

glynch and RayRay10 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Interesting I think at the end of the day it means nothing but I am not surprised the numbers coming from the RNC are inflated.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

RNC staffers are scrambling to finalize Falwell's speech tonight and make sure he reads it off the teleprompter.

They don't want him to go off half-cucked.

Ziggy, jiggyfly, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

At least he hasn't committed treason like the group you support. The difference is: One group hates America and one group loves America. Who's burning it down now?..... It's so clear.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Word on the street is that many of his relatives refer to him as their Uncle Tim.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Many people are saying that Falwell has reportedly asked that his wife give the speech while he watches.

glynch, Nippystix, RayRay10 and 5 others like this.