1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

saitou likes this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I should have listened to myself. Was gonna go in for 3000 shares at $28.10. Would be up nicely if I had done so.

3. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Ugh. I'm still sitting on shares of the Goldman Sachs SPAC hoping for some movement...crazy that ShLL has doubled

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. GSAH? They haven't announced anything. You could see a pop tomorrow or who-knows-when. :D Then you could be like me and MFAC, waiting and waiting to have it do ... nothing when an announcement was made.

Some of these stocks are showing random pops every now and then. I went 2-for-3 on my SPAC attempts so far and haven't gotten into anything since.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Funny, was recently involved with a project utilizing Snowflake with AWS. The Unity IPO is very interesting too.

Sold off half of GRAF/Velodyne, time to start saving for all these IPOs.

#11266 saitou, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  7. adoo

adoo Member

this flag formation has been consolidating, showing a MACD crossover; a sure sign that it is ready to form another flag pole

[​IMG]

8. adoo

adoo Member

pumpkin spice is back; we're witnessing a technical break out

[​IMG]

my guess is that it'll reach the upper trading channel in the mid-90s by Xmas time​

SBUX is in my core holdings of stocks; i also own Jan 2021 75 CALL calandar spread which has been morphed to be 75/ 80 vertical spread,
    for which i will roll fwd the front leg (sep 80 CALL) to a higher strike CALL

#11268 adoo, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

SHLL TSLA WKHS & NIO I heart you. These four have been exceptional. And this the day that XOM was taken out of the DOW

weird times

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. adoo

adoo Member

don't know how to play this,

the BIGGEST fin tech in the world w an addressable market of close to at least 500 million customers in China alone,
    other than to buy into this US-listed ETF

[​IMG]
    @saitou, does Ant Financial reaches Singapore and its neighboring countries ?

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Alipay and wechat pay have some presence in Singapore but it isn't big here (i think it's mainly to cater to PRC tourists). Ant applied for a digital banking licence this year, but the results aren't out yet. I may try to apply for the HKEX IPO if IBKR supports it.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Most of the major Chinese-related or foreign-related/foreign IPO-related ETFs will probably have this (?) since it's going to be one of the 2-5 biggest IPO's ever. The problem is when the ETF's will add it to their holdings. I don't know how long it will take. Many people have pointed to ETFs like KWEB, MCHI, IPO, IPOS, etc. as being ways to play it eventually.

14. adoo

adoo Member

just my 2 cents, an amateur TA devotee

this is what short covering looks like
    [​IMG]
    at beginning of Aug, when tech-wreck became the flavor of the moment, shortists jumped in to knock down CRWD. price action went their way for 5 trading days, since that buyers have jumped in putting the squeeze on the shortists

since mid Aug, short covering has been in effect, as corroborated by
    a sharp rise in price action on declining volume
    ditto for DDOG, an uptrend accompanied by declining volume, altho the squeeze is not quite as obvious as it is for CRWD

[​IMG]

15. adoo

adoo Member

KWEB has quite a bit of BABA

16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

CRM just destroyed earnings...up 13%

wow

desihooper likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I guess that's one way you can look at it, but then it's almost like a derivative of a derivative play on Ant. Like maybe 5% of 33% of Ant. :D But there really aren't many other options unless you want to own BABA itself, which I already do. BTW, did you see CRM earnings?

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Didn't you want to buy BIGC? *boing*

19. adoo

adoo Member

being added to the DOW was the catalyst; but the earnings beat coupled w a raise in guidance also helped

i adhere to the adage "one in the hand is worth more than two in the bush"

i had 3 different CALL positions on CRM, all of which i exited last Thu;
    i was happy w 40% profit in 6 wks
    in after-hours trading, CRM has been traded above 244

[​IMG]

20. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

SOB. Yes, but to be fair I was being hypothetical and trying to narrow down to a handful of names to play long term.

I am still bewildered at valuations and really can't get that entrenched way of thinking out of my brain. Too many years of valuations, discounted cash flows, etc.

Back to BIGC, I would guess that post lock up the price will drop if they followed the standard IPO MO of small float, etc.