1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schroeder blow by

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Aug 24, 2020.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

This is literally what I am saying they should do about it

joshuaao likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't agree that not playing him high is the answer.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

A “blow by” is a fart that blows by a turd on the way out. A “fizzle” goes right theough the middle of one.

Sounds about right, our defenders were turdish at times.

4. foggy94

foggy94 Member

That’s fine, but please don’t attack me for ‘not watching games’ because you misread my statistic.

My main adjustment would be to stop putting Covington on him, he’s getting blown by every time and you’re also taking away his weakside shotblocking

joshuaao likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets switch everything. that's one of the downfalls of it. okc has the option of getting any matchup they want or feel like they have an advantage with. unless the rockets stop doing that type of defense, that's what okc is looking for.

Will they adjust certain matchups to not switch? they haven't so far. Something to look for in game 5

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

MDA put in his adjustment. Shoot three earlier and from bigger distance

7. foggy94

foggy94 Member

They don’t switch absolutely everything. I’ve seen plenty of plays where they have kept Gordon or Rivers on the perimeter and denied the switch off an Adams screen.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

they absolutely do switch everything

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Defensive monster RoCo looks like Clint trying to stay in front of him.

fryjol7 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

EG is happy now

11. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I have video proof that says otherwise

joshuaao likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

post it. lets see if its actually a set where okc wants the switch or if it's a action to see how the defense reacts

this is what the rockets do. how many switches to do you see. JG literally ends up guarding 3 different players in a span of 20 seconds. notice how JG picks up schroder off cp3 and there wasn't even a real screen to do so. It's just clearly understood w/ cross action

#32 YOLO, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  13. foggy94

foggy94 Member

joshuaao likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much what was I expecting and just went through all of them

1st play- Adams is initially setting soft screens with the intention of diving to the basket. Rockets understand that. EG eventually switches onto Adams and JG is on Schroder when they both understand the clock is going down and the action is about to occur

2nd play- Adams weak/soft screen w/ the intention of diving early in the clock to get a read. cp3 isn't even looking for that. that's not the switch action they are hunting. passes over the gallo who RoCo was guarding. Look what happens. Harden switches onto Gallo and RoCo moves to Dort.

3rd play- Adams has the ball. no switch is even necessary. he literally has the ball when EG comes over, so there's no need to switch. you switch to actual ball movement. that's communication between him and JG on that play. He gives to ball to Gallo who goes right. Why would there need to be a switch there. There's isn't. It isn't cross action

4th play- Adams doesn't even set a actual screen. It's a soft action with the intention of again diving to the basket. cp3 isn't waiting for some screen or even looking for one.

none of this disproves the rockets don't switch everything. This is lack of understanding of what's fully going on in these possesions.

15. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Lol, I knew you would come up with some BS instead of just admitting you were wrong. You said the Rockets switch EVERYTHING. I showed you clips where they didn't. You didn't say ' the Rockets switch every screen except the ones where the big is diving to the basket'. You didn't say 'they switch everything except the ones OKC are hunting'. You said everything. No, they dont.

joshuaao likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at BS. you literally don't understand what's going on in these plays. Don't insult others because you can't fully read it. They switch everything. I wonder who has more credibility some random on cf's that tries to be relevant on twitter or literally everyone in the league that understands the rockets switch everything

you want to have basketball dialogue, lets do it. Im all for it. But don't get upset when someone tell you, you are wrong.

I literally said " post it. lets see if its actually a set where okc wants the switch or if it's a action to see how the defense reacts"

17. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Did the Rockets switch those first two Adams screens, yes or no?

joshuaao likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

which play are you talking about. i just listed a full explanation of 4 plays you posted

19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

The first play. Adams sets two screens for Schroder. Do the Rockets switch them, yes or no?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no. there's no need to. okc isn't forcing the switch on soft action