1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/24/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 23, 2020.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

This is on coaching.

kevtse, ICEibuPROfen and PeterKingX like this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That’s every game for us smh

3. macan

macan Member

the best ending would be CP kicked our arse and sent us home this round.
    and we finally break this team up and start it over.
    we suck for a couple season and got a top pick and build from there on.

BasketMAD likes this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The worst thing is that everyone could expect MDA's only adjustment next game is:

" Just make those ****ing 3's!!! "

Rockets basketball is easily predictable.

Little Bit likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I don't know whose fault it is but like many said, we are just a dumb team if the game is tied going into the "winning time" of the 4th quarter.

Close game, OKC going for layups especially 50-yr old CP3. We, instead, shooting bricks from 3, hoping that one would go in. Then we run out of time to catch. Game over. So dumb.

So many careless mistakes on defense and offense. No way a team can pull out a win under the circumstances.

6. sfayner

sfayner Member

OKC took 32 3's
    Harden with only 5 FTA's? Way way below his average

bro2044 likes this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Most of Thunders shots in clutch time are midrange or layup. We just keep bricking three.

hakeem94, kevtse, BasketMAD and 2 others like this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

One constant name....Harden.

bro2044 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Did you watch the game. There’s a reason why there’s so many 3s taken bc he passed to most of those. And if you don’t think Dort is bothering harden, you’re not watching.

GotGame15 likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you're not ready for that.

macan likes this.
  11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

This is the play they had to keep going to, but instead it’s just jack up threes over and over again.

12. Nook

Nook Member

When I asked about it, I was told that they don’t think they can win a title without him. So they are going to try to get him going.

He had his moments. What I am not hearing anyone talk about is how bad he was defensively today.

I never felt comfortable about this game. Defense wasn’t being played, the Rockets were losing the free throw battle and the calls were questionable.

These problems at the end of quarters and at the end of games should have been ironed out years ago.

I get it, they don’t have Westbrook and for his issues shooting, there is no one that can guard him on the Thunder. However the Rockets should have won this series 4-0.

Other teams like the Lakers and the Bucks needed a wake up call, so let’s see what happens in game 5

Deuce, joshuaao, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

This. We literally live or die by it. The playoffs aren’t always going to be double digit Easy wins. It’s the grind out games that you need to win that allows the elite teams to go far. It’s the playoffs. Self inflicted mistakes and poor decisions are always going to be the difference maker at the end magnified.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

ha

haha

hahahahaha

Rockets won 1 playoff series in almost 20 years before Harden turned into a MVP in 2015...never forget

Get a top pick? Knicks were 21-45 and got the 8th pick in the draft. The draft is just a hope and a prayer. I doubt Tilman will cosign tanking anyways. The Rockets won’t make any money during those years, and it could be years before we’re even close to relevant again.

macan, Nook and HP3 like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fakers already have as many FTA as we had for the entire game

16. HardenVolumeOne

I’m not watching the game, but I believe it

Nook likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

It's very possible that Westbrook won't be as good as you guys think he is. He's coming off an injury and probably needs a game to really get to where he needs to be. It's very possible this ends in 6 for us and everyone should be prepared for that. I'm not saying its gonna happend, I still think we can win. But I'm not as confident in Russ as some others. I hope he shuts me up big time.

hakeem94 and ronclone like this.
  18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Even if this team advances, it probably gets beat down by the Lakers in round 2 when the same issues around garbage shooting and matador defense come back.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

all we need is 20+ points on decent efficiency...we don’t have enough creation, and Harden with the ball all game will eventually start settling for threes at the end of the clock as the game goes on and stop attacking

Russ dominated OKC this year...just like how nobody except for Dort can guard Harden, nobody except for Dort can guard Russ either...Russ is rockin the baby on the likes of Schroder and Shai

anything to get the ball out of EG’s hands

GotGame15, DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The problem isn’t that the Rockets shoot a ton of threes. The problem is they can’t adapt their strategy when situations call for it. You have a 15-point lead with 17 minutes left in the game. At that point, it’s about generating the best opportunity to score each possession, and it’s irrelevant whether it’s a three or a two. I want the highest percentage shot each time down the floor because if my team keeps scoring, the opponent can’t make a big dent into our lead. But, when your threes don’t fall for two or three possessions in a row, you give the other team an opening to get right back into the game.

Then, in the fourth quarter, when they went ice cold, nearly every Rockets’ field-goal attempt was a three-point shot. They had 28 fourth-quarter possessions. Three ended in turnovers, six were two-point shots and 19 were three-point shots. If you eliminate the three shots that were taken after the Thunder took a five-point lead in the last minute, 16 of the Rockets’ 22 shots in the fourth quarter were three-point shots. That’s 73%. They didn’t even attempt a two-point shot until the 6:31 mark of the fourth quarter.

#1820 DVauthrin, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020