1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/24/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Slimfa

Slimfa Member

Mental midgets. You would think they would get tired of embarrassing theirselves. Refs made some questionable calls but refs don’t shoot the ball or make dumb passes. Tried to be cute and not play Westbrook. They got what they deserved.

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

These games dont matter its all about providing high drama for the leagues brand and the social issues being brought to the fore.. Westbrook will be back next game its winning time now. The league got killed by horrible series like Boston vs Philly and the bucks vs Orlando. Now that everyone has got a chance to shine its time to win

DeBeards likes this.
  3. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

From contenders to pretenders.

NickKent and PeterKingX like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

harden Just keep bricking three

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wanna cry right now but am too damn mad. I am so sick of getting my hopes up just to see a total chokefest in the 4th quarter.

I get so sick of longass stupid 3 pt bricks when there is time on the clock to make a play and you've gone cold as ice from the 3. Get in and drive!!! Damn I miss Westbrook!!!!!!! Sloppy passes, stupid fouls, and total lack of defense.
    I'm soooooooo tired of this same old song and dance. It's so hard to enjoy my Rockets.

DeBeards, DVauthrin, bro2044 and 3 others like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Harden helped his cause, but those refs werent gonna foul that guy out this game. If they were calling a fair game, that guy wouldve had 15 fouls before the 4th

DreamShook likes this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It never fails. We see it happen every playoffs.

8. Put You On Game

Watching how other teams like Miami, Boston, Toronto, Utah, etc. Its amazing how well these teams execute down the stretch and finding ways to finish the game, whereas watching the Rockets is like watching a comedy of errors, its just mistakes after mistakes. Its getting annoying at this point.

DVauthrin, bro2044, srrm and 2 others like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Didn't matter did it ?

At the end of the game , its a game of runs . You cant lose a close game down the stretch if its not a close game . They also still had time to screw us over and you could argue it was a clean deflection by PJ on a play right after that that was called a foul

Mike dissapointed me this game .. in part because the same thing happened last game . He let the refs get in our heads and OKC made shots down the stretch , we did not.

WB will come back , we prolly wont get ref-screwed again this series . I thought there was a chance we'd be OK tonight . Anyways , we will prolly win in 6.

But look ( not that this is directed at you ) , if we lose next round because of some ref foolery and MDA does what he does ... which is " play harder and better , keep doing the same thing " then he deserves to be fired ... because that is a fatal flaw. If we go out again this year due to having losses where ref's played a heavy role ... then you have to change the strategy. Not once has Mike tried anything other than throwing the fastball.

PiPdAdY33 likes this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets 0-27 on three was not fluke.

I hate bricking three.

J.R. and hakeem94 like this.
  11. NickKent

NickKent Member

The three-point difference over a minute is "momentum" that carried its way and loss them the game? They lost because they stopped competing defensively at the end of the third, missed open threes, and Harden did his usual shrinkage (standing at halfcourt, chucking long threes, throwing the ball away) in the crucial moments.

12. HRox832

HRox832 Member

This team stresses me out so much

Rockets need to stop shooting so many threes and Harden needs to play smarter. No more stupid passes and no more of those 30 foot step back threes

DeBeards and deb4rockets like this.
  13. WestendMassive

Just gone 7AM here and if I didn't have to go to work I'd be opening the liquor cabinet too. That was painful.

Reeko likes this.
  14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think Vince McMahon must be best friends with Adam Silver because some of this is ridiculous fake. The Rox were rolling and literally just stopped being the aggressor. Its so telegraphed you can predict the ending to this

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

After game one people got too excited. After game 4 people are too down. Regarding Harden I strongly dislike his display of competitiveness when it matters most. He's not a killer fine... but still at least be a fighter and fight in some compacity to win. Needed Westbrook to win this series is a slap in Harden's face.

NickKent likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe enjoy things around you.

Bball isn't life, not paid like a millionaire to be this mad.

Remlap likes this.
  17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You guys are never here when we're winning. Never seen you at all when we were 2-0 up. I guarantee you won't be here if we go through this series.

Harden always gets the blame no matter what he does. He scores 32 points, has 15 assists, grabs 8 rebounds, and gets 4 steals, yet that's choking. He's doing this all on his own. No other all-stars. He's carrying a G-League team.

Please tell who in that team is going to take control and do anything else if Harden isn't. Please tell me what else can we do to change the game?

I already know if Harden carries to a win next game, you guys will go into hiding and won't praise Harden for it. But you're quick to come on this forum and bash Harden, even though he actually had a good game.

DeBeards likes this.
  18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

"But guys, OKC only won because they made more shots and their big players scored more. Everything went perfect for them to win. That's not happening again."

BeBreezy, STR8Thugg and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That stupid ass outlet to Gordon with 55 seconds left, up 1, after a huge stop...... that **** is going to keep me up ALL NIGHT. Harden walks it up the court 95% of the time, but he chooses THAT MOMENT to try a long outlet down the side???? ****ing bonehead play after bonehead play from this team in clutch moments.

DVauthrin, bro2044 and NickKent like this.
  20. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Like I said before its hardens legacy , if he wants the let d antoni tell him to chick threes and listen every time oh well