1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/24/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 23, 2020.

1. SORF

SORF Member

I checked the 2 minute report of yesterday's game. The non touch by Adam was deemed the "correct call". However, the NBA ruled that EG was fouled on the inbound play...they deemed that as an "incorrect non call". We should have retained the ball.

Oh well, on to tomorrow's game. Go Rockets. And hopefully better and fairer officiating.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Need a renewed focus after slacking off last game a bit. Near must-win game for momentum purposes.

D-rock likes this.
  3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Yep and peep this recently. Check the time stamp I don't know how he does it tbh

D-rock likes this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ plays in game 5 regardless. Even in a blow out he will be on minutes restriction to prep for 2nd round.

Kind of a no brainer.

Fyreball, BigMaloe and Killatron 2000 like this.
  6. YallMean

YallMean Member

On Russ, if he says he is ready to play game 4, let him play. G5 is on Wednesday. He has been out for a while. I am not sure one extra day rest would make a difference. We don't even need him to play heavy minutes. Put him on a minute restriction like 20 min. That's all we need to take G4. I would rather rest him in between this round and next if we can take care of the business in 5. If we don't get out this round, there is no need to rest him right now either. I hate us to play a best of 3 or best of 1 game against an inferior team. Let's just take care of the business before these dirty bastards think they have a chance against us.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Oh well, they weren't going to call two before inbounds foul in a row. Send more people to secure the damn ball at that point of time. We had a two point lead, so FT percentage wasn't that big of issue.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Happened to the Spurs many times too. So I guess easier said than done.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I missed a lot of the game. Did we have a challenge remianing?

9. WestendMassive

Oh cool, Chris Paul fouling Gordo on the fastbreak made it into the top 10 plays for yesterday. Extremely cool.

Still haven't seen a Rockets highlight make it in yet

D-rock likes this.
  10. SORF

SORF Member

I believe the Rockets can beat OKC without Westbrook. I think the Rockets will come out shooting hotter than the rims can take tomorrow. Go Rockets.

Reeko, Killatron 2000 and D-rock like this.
  11. SORF

SORF Member

I think so...maybe MDA should have challenge it. But things were so confusing at the time, maybe he could not challenge. I think a foul has to be called to challenge. I don't think you can challenge a non-call.

D-rock likes this.
  12. SORF

SORF Member

And you won't. Remember the media thinks we are boring and not worthy to show highlights. We don't play the right way. Harden delivers cheap assists. We can't rebound....yada yada yada.

They still can't believe we are playing defense.

Fyreball, WestendMassive and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Strained quad needs rest. The more days rest the better.

YallMean likes this.
  14. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I personally guarantee a boring win. Go Rockets!

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  15. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am not a doctor, but I cannot imagine one extra day rest makes a big difference in the recovery of this type of injury. He seems to be fine on the sideline. I am also concerned with the rest of the team, especially Harden. Tired legs, very susceptible to being injured too. Having Russ in G4 for up to 20 min is good for the team overall.

16. WestendMassive

The cackling from Doris when Mark Jones said "The Rockets are playing great defense" was possibly the most disrespectful thing I've heard from a commentator.

The Rockets are a joke to her. She needs to get in a bin

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

freaking about time to get out the shooting slump, especially Gordon. Better start sinking some threes. Had he made a couple of those, we are 3-0 already.

D-rock likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

right, can't challenge a non-call. mda should have initially used one of the 2 remaining timeouts to advance the ball to halfcourt though

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

2 days.

And 2 days more of complete rest makes a huge difference.

Fyreball likes this.
  20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I hope Harden is fine for his shoulder. If westbrooks cannot play, MDA should think about who should initiate the offense without using Gordon maybe by Rivers or House when Harden has rest in the bench. Seems Adam has injury, maybe we can give more balls for roco

D-rock likes this.