1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (2)LA Clippers vs. (7)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 14, 2020.

?

(2)LA Clippers vs. (7)Dallas

Poll closed Aug 17, 2020.
  1. Clippers in 4

5.6%
  2. Clippers in 5

16.7%
  3. Clippers in 6

38.9%
  4. Clippers in 7

11.1%
  5. Mavs in 7

16.7%
  6. Mavs in 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

11.1%
  1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Playoff H!

2. Mr. Space City

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm not trying to defeat anyone, or if this is just you being sarcastic while dismissing my argument,it is true that the Mavs have an immensely high offensive rating even with Luka on the bench. Also...Hardaway Jr shot 32% from 3 last season, there is no way Luka makes him jump to 39% by himself, thats straight up false.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

While I'm glad Luka is taking it to the Clippers, I'm upset that the Mavs have him as their franchise player. Dude is amazing.

arno_ed and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

man, props to chuck on having one of the only other 40/15/10 games in playoff history. doncic did it in the stat inflation era and the big O did it in the OG stat inflation era. i know the suns scored quite a bit, but still impressive.

6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

To be honest, that is true most, if not all the time.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay, so exactly great playmakers make things easier for dead eye shooters too, but their still really good regardless of playmaking.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes that's a lot but remember Kawhi will only leave Toronto if they got Paul George so regardless if Clips got ripped off that's still a great deal for them cuz if that didn't happen they would have SGA and all those picks but no stars. SGA with Gallo, Beverly, Lou Will, Harrell and Ibaka Zubac they might have become the 8th seed instead of the Mavs this year and gotten swept by the Lakers.

Patience likes this.
  10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Did anyone doubt that doc rivers would be the clippers' undoing? He's such an awful coach.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  11. what

what Member

Explain to me why Shaq is hating on Luka Doncic?
    Some of these NBA players are showing their true colors.
    They can't stand that Luka is ballin on their ass.

12. the shark

the shark Member

"b**** ass white boy" just dropped 43/17/13

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think Luka cemented himself as one of the if not the best player in the league with this game...and that's scary cuz he is only 20 yrs old, you got kids who declared for the 2020 draft older than him WTF.

When it came to signature playoff performances people always talk about MJ's Flu Game but this one is better IMO. Doncic put up better stats vs a better team than the Jazz, and in MJ's case he was the only one who had the flu (or targeted food poisoning according to Glover) while Donic was not only dealing with a bum ankle he lost his sidekick and had to depend on Hardaway, Seth Curry and Trey Burke lol. I watched most of the game and Dallas also got robbed several times by whack officiating, lots of calls were made in favor of the Clippers in the 4rth quarter.

Crazy game, its nice to see Mavs a give the Clippers a fight and wear them out. The only thing I don't like about it is Doncic might be pushing himself to play through the pain ala Isaiah Thomas. You don't want an injury like that turn chronic just cuz you are chasing momentary glory.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

i'm still gonna need to see his birth certificate.

15. what

what Member

Paul George is over the hill, dude needs to give up the fantasy.
    Kawhi will be lucky to make it out of the first round much less when a championship.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Called it draft night. My best friend is a lifelong Mavs fan since the dark pre-dirk years and I texted him and said ‘this kid is special, Mavs stole him from ATL, he’s going to be a star’. My friend said ‘man, I don’t know, this kid I’d cheesy, I wanted Bamba’

I never let him forget it but he’s laughing with me.

blahblehblah likes this.
  17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

They didn't take Dallas, seriously. PG-13 hasn't played well at all. Dallas has played superbly, but they aren't as talented as the other Western teams, outside of Luka and Porzingis.

Defensively, they've come and go.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Slightly above regular season games but really...more than half of the teams make the playoffs and really only like 2...maybe 3 if we're lucky...of any of these series are interesting. Most of the time it's just good for teams building for next year and for young star players to get playoff experience.

No one remembers these series unless there's a massive upset and then even then the team that upsets usually gets exposed in the next round.

Yeah, this will be a highlight of highlights, for the end of all time, and 10 years from now poeple will forget this was even a first round series...just that Luka hit the shot.

It's unfortunate but Harden doesn't really have a playoff buzzer beater like this...seriously.

Say Harden makes it to the WCF this year and Clippers still win this series...you are going to have people that will say Luka is more of a winner than Harden just because of this shot. It amazes me how much a playoff buzzer beater adds to a player's legacy.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but Dallas vs Clippers is a highlight, no matter which round. Other than the Finals or WCF.

Dallas is No 1 in Offense efficiency and Clippers are a top defensive team and overall very deep.