1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody here who voted for Trump Switching to Biden?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I have a few friends of mine that are male that I employ and are with me most of the day 5-6 days a week. However, I have more in depth conversations with women and in general I am nicer to women and find that women are nicer to me.

malakas, generalthade_03 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is it Bad if Jesus was photoshopped on that body pillow?

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What percentage of the worlds population would live in America if they could ?! 101%.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. foh

foh Member

9 mils of Americans live somewhere else (wiki link)
    Record amount have renounced this year.
    I bet some of the Chicago and Baltimore ghetto's folks might want to move too if given an option. At least if you trust @Nook and Kim Klacik.

I wouldn't mind moving family to Canada for a while to not worry about Covid..

I have a friend who is actually planning of moving out for a while due to lack of safety in public schools right now. Which is pretty depressing.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol, If I could magically choose to have my family situated somewhere else, there is literally dozens of other countries I’d choose before America.

RayRay10 and KingCheetah like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

There is at least one member, just of this board -- an American with a wife with citizenship in a Scandanavian country -- who just finally gave up and left, mainly over our deteriorating democracy, the healthcare mess, and the COVID response. So, even anecdotally just on this basketball BBS, it's less than 100% of the world, LOL.

Sad!

RayRay10, foh and KingCheetah like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You may find it hard to believe, but America is not the top destination place. Canada is often more preferred, along with the Scandinavian countries.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10, foh and B-Bob like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You are leaving out the fact that Trump has definitely lost voters among women, democrats and older voters so is he not just treading water?

I agree turnout is still the key.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Breathe..... Don Jr is good for that Wall donation refund.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes. I should have been more clear about that. I meant more about Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn which if it tightens and comes down to those three states, THEN turnout with African American voters could be the key.

As mentioned too Florida is really the most important state imo because as you mentioned those older voters he is losing every minute one more senior figures out that he’s funding a payroll tax (people already making money) by defunding their social security. Biden must go hard on Florida.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am waiting for a cohesive message highlighting how all the things he is doing are affecting everyday people.

People are gonna start tuning out bashing him on covid and being incompetent, they need to show the receipts like the case trying to undo previous conditions and like you said the payroll tax.

The key is too keep up the enthusiasm to vote him out.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hey look, if and only if the shoe fits, wear it. you obviously aren't one of the sore losers. But you have to admit there has been an ENORMOUSLY high number of Democrats Acting Badly since November 9, 2016.

I agree with that. And I don't believe I've ever disagreed with that. But I still don't think Trump is the End-of-Civilization-As-We-Know-It

given Gore's climate change record since then, I'm pretty glad he didn't win

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This vet takes the cake, joining the sore losers club. 95-year old WW2 vet, lifelong Republican, voted for Trump in 2016, is now backing Biden.

https://apps.npr.org/liveblogs/20200820-dnc/#world-war-2-vet-ed-45

Ed Good, a 95-year-old veteran who fought in World War II and voted for President Trump in 2016, took the virtual convention stage tonight to express his support for Joe Biden.

“I think Trump has been the worst president we’ve ever had. So I’ll be glad to see him go,” Good said in his remarks, adding later on: “I think Joe Biden cares about doing his proper duty for the United States. and if he’s elected that’s what he will do.”

In late July, Good criticized Trump in a letter to the editor published by The Oakland Press, writing, “the most important thing I’m living for is to get [Trump] out of office and elect Joe Biden president.” The war veteran took serious issue with the president’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and treatment of Americans who have served in the armed forces.

“There’s no better example of his weakness than Trump’s refusal to hold Vladimir Putin accountable for placing bounties on the heads of American soldiers,” Good wrote. “By sweeping this report under the rug, and lying to us about it, he has undermined the role of American soldiers who are putting their lives on the line for our country.”

In 1945, Good served in the U.S. 17th Airborne Division as a paratrooper, where he successfully crossed into German-held territory.

Thinking about his experience in the war, Good wrote: “I knew the commander-in-chief was standing with us in the fight against evil. We could step into battle knowing that FDR had our backs. Sadly, with the knowledge that Russia can kill American troops with impunity, today’s soldiers cannot say the same. It’s the ultimate slap in the face to our troops that their country would decline to protect them, even as they place their lives on the line in service to us.”

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/opi...cle_0ec2611e-cd1e-11ea-9920-e3e22404c661.html

I’m a 95-year-old World War II Veteran and lifelong Republican. In 2016, I supported and voted for Donald Trump. Now, the most important thing I’m living for is to get him out of office and elect Joe Biden president.

Over the last four years, I’ve seen Donald Trump abandon many of the values that I and my Party hold dear. He has fought to take health care away from millions of Americans, and his racism has divided us in a time where we must stand together. His response to COVID-19 has been a disaster, especially endangering people like me and my wife.

But the most offensive part of this president’s failed leadership is his kowtowing for dictators on the international stage. Rolling over for leaders like Xi Jinping or Recep Tayyep Erdoğan have embarrassed us and left our country weaker. But there’s no better example of his weakness than Trump’s refusal to hold Vladimir Putin accountable for placing bounties on the heads of American soldiers. By sweeping this report under the rug, and lying to us about it, he has undermined the role of American soldiers who are putting their lives on the line for our country. It’s a gross and offensive dereliction of duty from a president who has shown he doesn’t have the intellect to be the Commander-in-Chief.

This weakness in the face of blatant attacks on our service members rejects everything I fought for and leaves a stain on American history. In World War II, America stood up to authoritarian dictators and fought for our values. Now, it seems we’ve lost our way. When I was a paratrooper jumping over the Rhine River into Germany, I knew I not only had the support of my commanding officer and fellow soldiers, but I knew the Commander-in-Chief was standing with us in the fight against evil. We could step into battle knowing that FDR had our backs. Sadly, with the knowledge that Russia can kill American troops with impunity, today’s soldiers cannot say the same. It’s the ultimate slap in the face to our troops that their country would decline to protect them, even as they place their lives on the line in service to us.

Two years ago, I returned to that place on the Rhine River where the 17th Airborne jumped behind enemy lines in Operation Varsity, to honor the soldiers who were killed that day. When I reflect on that time, I remember we had a leader who cared about the fate of our country above his reelection, and was willing to sacrifice for a better future. We need that again. That’s why I’m voting for Joe Biden in November.

Edward Good, Farmington Hills

B-Bob, RayRay10, malakas and 4 others like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking of people who voted for trump and now aren’t. The guy who followed Trump in the 2016 campaign trail and wrote original songs for him isn’t supporting him.

The reason is heart breaking and this video is painful at times. He lost his son to drug addiction and he had believed that Trump was going to make a big difference. Instead he felt like he was used by Trump.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don't seem to care about what Mr trump is doing to our country, that he is actively attempting to sabotage an election, and as only one example, has launched an assault on the United States Postal Service at a part of his effort to prevent Americans from voting. By doing so, he is causing millions of Americans to get Social Security checks late, medications they need badly to arrive late. Rent and mortgage payments they sent in on time arriving late, not to mention regular mail that has letters and bills.

Not everyone does all that by using the internet, like those of us here. Millions don't even have access to broadband, or internet at all and depend on our Postal Service. trump couldn't care less about those people. Why don't you make a joke about that?

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great story.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The better question is what percentage of citizens in first world nations would live in America, trading in their health care insurance and mandatory leave and great benefits for pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to break it to those who believe that 101% of the world want to come here. There certainly are a lot but most people I’ve met from first world countries don’t have much interests.

Most of the Europeans I’ve met have little interests in living here and have met a few who are openly hostile to the US. Aussies I’ve met aren’t very interested and I remember talking to an Aussie who thought he US was worse than Nazi Germany.

Among Asians individual Chinese will express an interest in coming to the US. People in HK are interested to get out from under the PRC but don’t seem to have much interest because of the culture or economy. Singaporeans, Koreans, Taiwanese and Japanese want to visit but most that I’ve met dont seem very interested in living in the US.

Some of the things I’ve heard in Asia is the impression that the US is very violent and racist. I’ve heard parents concerned about the safety of their children going to school here. Some of the recent rhetoric of “Chinese Virus” and “Kung Flu” isn’t making it easier and from talking to family and friends in Asia they get the feeling that the US is not a safe place for Asian.

Nook, deb4rockets, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's what nearly 4 years of trump will get you. Didn't take long.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.