1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

at this point i'd rather play the lakers than the blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Aug 19, 2020.

?

who would you rather play

1. lakers

59.8%
  2. blazers

40.2%
  1. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

blazers the hottest team in the league

lakers role players can't hit an open 3

ad overrated

playoff dame > passive lebron

jeff green was more aggressive than lebron last night

don't want another 2014 nightmare

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

No ****. No one wants to play against a dude splashing 3s from 36 feet. Its too much strain on the defense and they have others that can knock down shots if you double. Also whiteside is the best rim protector in the league. He kills us everytime. Hes one of the few bigs we cant play off the floor.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Let’s not look ahead yet. Still have to beat the Thunder three more times.

4. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

patience

i need some

5. malakas

malakas Member

Lakers = Refs

Enough said.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have a system and the players to win it all.

Lakers or Blazers, makes no difference.

But I really wanted to see Lebron's face when Rockets kick his ass and eliminate him from playoffs.

This isn't the F'ing East where he is guaranteed a Finals.

LOL

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm 50-50.

It comes down to the back court, and POR does look to have a better back court than LAL.

Melo is working out really well for 3nD. I just don't see that happening all of the time, LAL hasn't figured out forcing the switch. They can use that to take away a lot of players from contributing to the winning effort they had, e.g., GTJ + Melo.

I really wouldn't mind getting revenge on POR. If the Rockets keep the ball moving and focus on team plays like they did in Game 1 v OKC, this team is as ready as can be to take on POR.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rocket still in the first round playing the thunder though.

the NBA is not going to let the Lakers lose. i believe that. if Portland beat the Lakers, and the Rockets beat the Thunder, and meet in the second round, the Rockets have enough people to guard effectively. Jeff green on the ball defensively against speedy players like Dennis was amazing.

as a Rockets fan who has seen the bullsh-t, you don't want to play the Lakers.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Welcome to the club.

DeBeards and don grahamleone like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... well it has been one game.

The Lakers have one of the two best players in NBA history, and another future Hal of Famer that is a top 5-10 player in the world...... and the Lakers will have the support of the NBA refs and the NBA front office.

As for the Blazers, they have played the Rockets well and they match up well with the Rockets. The Blazers will win the rebounding battle and have enough outside shooting to really make it an issue for the Rockets. This year James Harden hasn't played well against the Blazers and that has been a big reason the Rockets are only 1-3 against them this year.

FWIW The Rockets could have beaten the Blazers in the bubble if they really were all that interested (they were not). The Blazers have been able to beat the Rockets so far by having a big quarter once a game against Houston. I expect the defense if they match to improve. The Rockets will try to keep Whiteside and Nurkic off the floor and get out and run. Also Harden doesn't need to be checking Lillard..... the Rockets can let Westbrook check him 40 feet from the basket or possibly even Gordon or Covington.

DeBeards, DavidRocket, HP3 and 8 others like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lakers haven't looked right since the restart IMO.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah....... ask Peja and Webber how many points the referees are worth in a playoff game.

Suddenly Harden will be getting punched and slapped without a call, Westbrook will be getting technical fouls called on him and LeBron James and his goofy ass will be grinning at the free throw line while the announcers pan to video of Kobe and Magic playing talking about how LBJ will be joining that group.

If the Rockets get to play the Blazers, then that is a huge break.

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I agree lakers are the ones we want but I ain’t scared of Portland either. I want to kick both their asses. The best thing is that Russ will be healed up by then and we got to run run and run... they can’t guard eg and Russ....one of them should get to the rim at will all series once they double harden....I want to see Russ Rock the cradle in dames face when we are stomping on them....

DeBeards, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Kneejerk.gif

D-rock and Nook like this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They are also missing Bradley and Rondo. If Lakers lose in the first round I guarantee Lebron is going to let Lakers have it. They didn't go after chris paul and pick up his buddy melo... yada yada yada...

D-rock likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yup , I did not feel like we had a particularly good game vs POR in our seeding game and the game was still very close .

while : whiteside , nurkic , Collins are scary bigs , POR goes as their guards go . We have rivers and Gordon as excellent defenders to throw on Lillard and CJ .

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree but we should really delete all threads talking about future rounds during the playoffs.

DavidRocket and bratna8 like this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

19. macan

macan Member

don't matter if fakers or blazers in 2nd round. none of these teams can challenge us.
    Rockets in 6 max. (with Russ healthy)

DavidRocket and D-rock like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Then he'll brick the FTs, of course.

D-rock and Nook like this.