1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Are Your Most Hated Teams?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Aug 13, 2020.

?

Most Hated teams (can pick 2)

Poll closed Mar 13, 2021.
  1. A's

2.0%
  2. Cardinals

2.0%
  3. Dodgers

62.0%
  4. Indians

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rangers

22.0%
  6. Red Sox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yankees

94.0%
  8. Other

6.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cowboys, Rangers , warriors , Yankees , and Dodgers

arkoe likes this.
  2. msn

msn Member

I guess they 80s and 90s are getting pretty far in the rearview mirror.

Can't believe the Br*ves didn't even make the list, and only one other person wrote them in.

The best thing until 2017 was when we finally beat their asses out of the playoffs in '04. FINALLY. I was driving for work during the clinching game, screaming at my radio.

Would love to kick their asses in a WS. That would be greatness.

HatsForBats likes this.
  3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Living in SoCal with Dodger fans as an Astros fan is unbearable right now

4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Growing up: Cardinals and Braves.
    Recently: Rangers, Yankees and Dodgers.

Don't hate the Nats. The astros **** the bed at home last year. The A's are an annoyance but I know they're never gonna amount to anything.

arkoe, BigM and msn like this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah these kind of things are often tied into players and recency. Cubs and Braves would have been all over my list 10 years ago. Never really hated the Cardinals.

Now it’s the Dodgers and Yankees.

The Rangers are always up there but they haven’t talked a lot of **** and aren’t very competitive so I care less at the moment.

msn likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Cardinals were easily my most hated prior to 2017. Scott Rolen, Jim "Fck-face let me dive at every single routine ball" Edmonds, Albert "HGH I'm gonna tear your heart out every time" Pujols, David freakin Eckstein... Jason "I wear pink lip gloss" Isringhausen... The Braves were so lame, but the Cardinals just ughhhh... Not to mention did people forget they literally committed a federal crime and the FBI had to get involved bc they hacked our scouting database?!?

Their fans... "smartest in baseball" my ass. It didn't help that I had a classmate that was from St. Louis and he was an insufferable Cardinals fan. Even when we would beat them 10-5 he would say things like "Cardinals outscored the Astros 5-2 after the 5th inning!" The day I walked into school after that game 5 Lidge-Pujols nightmare he was acting like such a spoiled, entitled, annoying prick. I wanted to take a baseball bat to his face. After we finally beat them and went to the WS I brought him a package of TP the next day and told him it was to help clean up after Roy Oswalt **** all over him and his team. I got ISS. It was totally worth it.

So much worse than anyone else pre-2017.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

All that plus the computer scandal and they are in the #4-6 range for me. You revived some memories.

#27 jim1961, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  8. conquistador#11

Prior to this year, I didn't hate any of them. The White Sox and the Padres came close. Even after the Nationals game that we don't talk about, I was like well we got Astros'd. Cool seeing a city that has never won, win it.
    Now I hate all of them and their entire fan bases.
    [​IMG]

9. HTown2017Champs

Not even the Yankees? Especially considering how their fans have always been (Especially against us)?

10. SemisolidSnake

To be honest, I don't have a ton of hate towards the players of any particular team. There are certain individual players that are just awful, but even talking about the Yankees, I've enjoyed the on-the-field competition between them and the Astros over the past few years. The core of the onion that is is each team, i.e. the players, seems generally pretty okay.

Now, moving outwards, considering team management and the way teams are run, you have to hate the Yankees. They just throw unlimited money at everything and seem to constantly spoil the entire majors by ramping up player contracts into the exosphere.

Next layer: fans. I mean, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, and every city that is built entirely on a sense of entitlement. For some reason, this seems to get turned up to 11 in sports fandom. That's before the recent Astros crucifixion, though. Sure feels like fans of all 29 other teams have latched onto the scapegoat-the-Astros bandwagon. I'd say, where we stand now, **** every single last one of them.

In terms of unbalancing talent distribution, the big cities like New York and L.A. ruin it in every sport it seems. They're going to get players moving there simply because they're media centers. And that bubble is a bubble the national media that's almost completely centered in those cities continue to blow into. NY or LA. NY vs. LA. That's all MLB is ever trying to get to each year. Always will root against those teams on that point alone.

Finally, the thing that makes basically every other team intolerable is the media. Particularly the national media. Maybe there are diamonds in the rough out there. Teams that I might even consider rooting for if the Astros don't make it. But over all that is the 10-ft-thick spread of excrement the media dumps on top of everything. And I'm not going to dig through that. I don't even want to get a whiff of it. So, until some team reaches up through all that and makes a case otherwise, I'm just going to make it easy on myself and hate all of them.

msn and jim1961 like this.
  11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Literally took the words out of my mouth. I honestly didn't have too much hate for the Dodgers until they started their insufferable b****ing and whining even though they had every chance in the world to win Game 2, and Game 7 was in their house too.

J.R. likes this.
  12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Suprised to see the Yankees with that many votes considering the Astros always beat them in the playoffs.

awc713 likes this.
  13. awc713

awc713 Member

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This could be the greatest meltdown since the Indiana Pacers when Paul George slept with Hibbert's gal. Wait a minute, Indians, Indiana. Is there a little similarity? Whoa, I think there is! WKEAb7M.gif

King1 likes this.
  15. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Ditto, from Albany, NY

Htown Stros and raining threes like this.
  16. raining threes

^^^^
    This

The Real Shady and Htown Stros like this.
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Glad everyone agreed with me that the Yankees are hypocritical assholes and the Dodgers are whiny little bit****...

And coming in a distant third for me are the Rangers. If they ever manage to get good again they may climb into one of the top two slots given I live in Dallas and have to listen to the idiots in person. Also side note I hated switching leagues at the time but I’m really glad we did...I kind of like the AL and don’t think I’d go back given the choice.

Edit: Actually since Mike Fiers is currently on the As they are third well in front of the Rangers and not too far behind the Dodgers.

raining threes likes this.
  18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Also side note...odd decision leaving the Cubs and Braves off but including the Cardinals and Indians. Cardinals definitely were rivals but I always respected them. The Cubs not so much...

I couldn’t be more neutral on a team than the Indians lol

msn likes this.
  19. HTown2017Champs

Well said on the Cards and Cubs. And Indians. I assume they were included because of Bauer (no longer there) and Clevinger (who is in a scandal of his own). But we destroyed them in the 2018 Playoffs, who cares. Our first (and so far only) postseason sweep in franchise history.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Swept Yankees in 2015.

raining threes likes this.