1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League fires Rockets/NBA photographer, removes him from the Bubble

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I would absolutely defend this guy's right to call Kamala Harris, Sarah Palin, or any other politician a fool or a hypocrite.

But hoe? Nope. Can't do that. Can't call Correa a wetback, can't call Bregman a kike, can't call Megan Rapinoe a dyke. "Hoe," as used here, is a slur based on innate characteristics, aimed at what's known in the law as a suspect class. It's gratuitous, mean, and incendiary. You're out of here.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Sucks for him but I'm all for the de-stupidization of social media. If we all had to think before we posted the world would be a much better place.

tycoonchip likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He should have waited till December.

The only time that is acceptable.

[​IMG]

#163 Zboy, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Hakeemtheking and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was asking that question earlier. Was this worse than what Woj did? Why wasn't Woj fired?

And some posters here actually pat Woj on the back simply because they agreed with his political view.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

it’s just very different in that there was no characteristic-based, historically weighted part of Woj’s transgression. If we want to test the bias you suggest, we need someone like Kerr to call someone like South Dakota’s governor a w**** (?).

Easy likes this.
  6. jogo

jogo Member

Bye. Ignorant people are welcome to leave and I don't care how long he's worked here. Adios. See ya.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. KingCheetah

White guy calling a black woman a ho from the NBA bubble on social media because of politics -- Bold move...

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Woj gets more leeway than some random no-name, that’s just how life works...but if he was putting out memes calling Harris a hoe or Melania a slut, he probably would get fired too

the attacks towards Harris as the 1st potential female VP, one of color too, were so predictable...idiots can continue to risk it all for a moment of misogyny...I don’t feel sorry for this dude at all

now Harris is a hoe, not qualified to be VP like she’s some affirmative action pick even tho she’s way smarter than Trump, Pence, or Biden, and we gotta question her birth place...soon they’ll be saying she’s too emotional

HP3 and Easy like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Not that it’s right, but she has to fight the stigma of being a companion of Willie Brown and being appointed to two high ranking jobs after their relationship. She may or may not have been qualified for. My biggest problem is she is the definition of tough on crime and her and Biden are directly responsible for legislation that led to mass incarceration of the minority community.

That being said.
    The dude had every right to post what he did, the Rockets have every right to do what they did. All I want is consistency. If it offends anyone on that level, be consistent.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess the argument here is that the guy did something that is detrimental to his employer's standing by using extremely insulting language, which I totally agree. I am thinking what Woj did was probably equally damaging if you take out the political positioning.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Equally at least, in that who really follows the Rockets' photographer or what he shares? Woj is an institution.

Easy likes this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

He expressed his view, which he was allowed to do. Other people and organization also has the right to not associate with him.

He apologized right? Whether that's for future job prospects or if we take it at face value, he regrets it.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The Rockets need boldness. We should have given him a promotion.

15. KingCheetah

#FloJo

16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Calling someone a hoe isn't political

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Calling a VP candidate is unacceptable by all means. Making excuses for that behavior is the opposite of accountability

vlaurelio and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Everyone in the world understands, most humans see their military as flawed but ultimately noble in defending the country. It's as special as a birthday.

Also, I never stated that the people who serve in the military can't do good things or don't have good intentions, and I didn't say you, your family, friends, all soldiers or all Americans are fascist. I said they are a part of it, but most need money, and the need for money is largely created by the institution they are trying to join. Your military gives a ridiculous proportion of your tax money to people who would attack you in defense of them. I'm not here to question or attack Americans, I have so so much American family, and it's such a hard working and creative nation.

I don't know why you felt the need to twist those into each other, but I am very specific when I talk about these things because I understand the sensitivities, so please take the wording seriously and don't jumble it up because you're going to be pissing off people for no reason. People's families have died for these institutions, there is a lot of pain there.

Further, if you have family in the military, then you know as well as I do that the majority of vets are treated poorly by that institution and being critical of it is absolutely not a red line. It's in the benefit of interest of people who are serving. They should be treated better if what they did is of the importance you describe in your post.

D-rock likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agree, I haven’t made excuses for him

rocketchamp likes this.
  20. jim petersen84

biden is a extreme tyrant and kamala a criminal tyrant, I know the repubs are horrific and trump needs to go but to think biden and harris are the answer is pure insanity. Its a proven fact anybody involved in the nba can bash trump in any capacity and it is applauded but 1 word about silvers precious dems and instant blacklist. Hopefully more speak out against biden and harris they cant silence everyone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]