1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets GREAT Photographer Bill Baptist slurs Kamala on Facebook

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Absolutely! And the NBA has a right to fire him.

Look, this boils down to people not considering the ramifications of speaking publicly. If you’re going to talk politics or religion in public, you’d better go in to that situation with your eyes open.

We see this all the time. How many people are in jail because they couldn’t keep their mouths shut on social media? Repeat after me: Facebook is not private.

I remember reading (Pre-internet) about how 95% of bank robberies were ‘solved’ because people couldn’t keep their mouths shut. One or more of the gang or their spouses had to confide or brag or confess to a friend, then it was a rumor train until someone called the cops.

I really took that to heart and started watching what I said in casual company. Just keep your mouth shut or be ready for what comes back around.

RayRay10, jiggyfly, T_Man and 2 others like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

When did the right start hating the private sector so much?

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He was just passing it along in an objective way as in “look what somebody else did!”. Bloody brilliant!

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lou Will will argue that it's the best place bar none to have breasts and thighs slathered with BBQ sauce.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Actions have consequences, and the NBA is within their rights to terminate his bubble contract because he posted a sexist meme on his personal Facebook page.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences from said speech, other than you can’t go to jail for saying most things. Also, cancel culture goes too far when it argues that instances of racist or sexist acts or remarks from years or decades ago warrant “canceling” an individual or company. However, that’s not the case here.

The bottom line is: If you don’t want to jeopardize your career or company, don’t say, publish or support comments that are racist, sexist, etc. in nature. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Conservatism is such a cancer in our society, it is rotting people's brains.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cliche.

Anyway yall need to chill goin after people's livlihoods. Suspend him at most for a harmless comment. It was far less offensive than kneeling during the anthem.

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

so... your statement that people have the right to speak peacefully without losing their job ... runs face first into the colin kaepernick situation .... and now the consequence of speech is to be determined by how offensive it is ... and you are the arbiter of how offensive something is.

this is hopelessly idiotic.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

But muh free political expression. Oh wait OR is it muh private company? Which one is it?

On a serious note... do you think this is a huge deal outside of the rockets org? I do think this could make probs inside the org if the players are babies like half of this board. I won't be shocked if they want him fired because ppl want everyone fired who they disagree with politically. This can go for leftists or right wing people. I imagine since the nba is corporate they will do something because it offends the customers, but they will continue to allow players to offend customers by kneeling.

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This is simply a matter of the NBA acting in its own best interest. Photographers are replaceable, so why deal with any backlash whatsoever, whatever the league might think of it. And this wouldn’t happen just for political posts. If Baptist posted something supporting dog fighting, liking or meth, legalizing cocaine ... anything that the NBA wouldn’t want to be associated with, he is done. this isn’t complicated. I think he is a decent guy who exercised bad judgment. What followed was entirely predictable.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If he said that about the first lady no one here would give af. But I get your point.

jcf, mick fry, Xerobull and 1 other person like this.
  13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Funny he gets fired for something like that but the president of the United States shares worse stuff. Crazy how this world works. That the NBA has higher standards than the office of the president.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Wait your name is not Deckard?

#134 AleksandarN, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10, Nook and DVauthrin like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Try again troll

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

RayRay10, DVauthrin and jiggyfly like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Stay classy, little buddy.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Please tell me how criticism of a nation-state is more morally reprehensible than calling women whores because you disagree with the ideologically?

DVauthrin likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Someone paint him purple.... he looks like Grimace from McDonald’s.

RayRay10 likes this.