1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jul 31, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uber Driver who was also in the military.

I know you One Direction D&Ders don't ever follow up on stuff you post

According to the lawyer, Perry dropped off a rideshare customer near Congress Avenue before turning onto Congress Avenue near Fourth Street. Perry, who said he did not know protests were happening that night, found himself surrounded by a group of protesters.

Perry claims that Foster approached his car and motioned for him to roll down his window.
    Initially, Perry said he thought Foster was a member of law enforcement. Perry said at some point, Foster raised his weapon at him, prompting him to shoot Foster.

"We urge the public to allow the police to conduct a full investigation," the lawyer's statement read. "We also need to correct statements that have been reported by the press. First, Sgt. Perry never left his vehicle preceding or immediately following the shooting. Second, Sgt. Perry did not “flee” but immediately called police upon getting to safety. Finally, and most importantly, police have interviewed witnesses who were demonstrating with Mr. Foster and these witnesses have confirmed that Mr. Foster raised his assault rifle in a direct threat to Sgt. Perry’s life."

@Ziggy @Os Trigonum @rocketsjudoka @RayRay10 @Reeko @pgabriel

#1 tinman, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    ROXRAN and RayRay10 like this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

@pgabriel

So the law firm says they have witnesses who protested with the person who was shot and said he pointed a gun at the car.
    If this is true, it's over.
    Also, this guy was an Uber driver, explains why he's in a rush driving around downtown picking up and dropping off people.

very sad. protestors should protest and not harass drivers.

edwardc, ROXRAN and RayRay10 like this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

@Buck Turgidson

I'm never going to roll up on Uber Drivers in Austin again, only if they are driving me to Franklin's and I'm too lazy to find parking

Fantasma Negro and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I have no idea what you are talking about. But good luck with it.

KingCheetah and RayRay10 like this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I haven't seen this in the news. I read the O.P. when it was posted and it took me some time to grasp the situation.

So why was that dude carrying a rifle at all the protests? Being white even though supporting the protests I'm surprised nothing happened to him sooner

tinman likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Part of the story that I heard was that he was pushing his girlfriend who is black and is in a wheelchair. That still doesn't explain why he brought a rifle to the protest.

There is still a lot to learn about this situation.

I will repeat what I said when I first heard this story. Bringing weapons to protest, especially loaded firearms, is a dangerous escalation.

FranchiseBlade, tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

garrett martin started carrying an AK at rallies after claiming that counter-protestors were harassing and threatening them. he was also with groups who would go protest with guns in front of the city managers house. im not really a fan of that...essentially threatening people at their own homes. he is also on video taken the night he was killed talking about how nobody will mess with him now that he is carrying b/c they are "p*****s".

im a gun owner who doesnt have a problem with concealed carry, but if i see someone walking around town or protesting with an AK im getting away from them. imo, that is someone who is not responsible or mature enough to be a gun owner.

i was actually willing to give the driver the benefit of the doubt in terms of this being a self-defense situation. it was reported that the driver tried to turn right onto congress between groups of protestors and then people ran up on his car and started beating on it. ive seen the protestors getting kind of aggressive with cars and blocking streets so this was totally plausible. then martin came up pointing an AK at him. however, i did question the fact that the driver was able to pull his gun, point and shoot someone who was pointing an AK at him. didnt quite make sense. he had to be already holding his pistol and was ready to use it. and the fact that martin didnt get a shot off at him makes it more suspicious. i have not heard any eye-witness accounts claim that martin was pointing the AK at the driver. every one ive seen said he was not.

but the new info that came out yesterday totally changes my opinion...this was premeditated murder. dude straight up talked about killing protestors and then did it.

in the end, what we have is two people who were looking for a fight and one of them got killed.

[​IMG]

#7 jo mama, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    FranchiseBlade, RayRay10 and pgabriel like this.
  8. jo mama

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  9. jo mama

then there is the case of the protestor with a CCL who pulled their gun and shot at the car as it was driving away. how stupid is that? shooting down congress ave with people all around you. its a miracle nobody was hit by him. that person is clearly not responsible enough to be a gun owner either. its sad/scary that there are so many people out there like this who are carrying.

everyone thinks they are dirty harry or something...

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for that info. Again this is another situation where we need to be very careful about jumping to conclusions.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the Uber driver was looking for a fight?

12. jo mama

its pretty obvious that he was.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

in Texas we know how to disperse a riot

love how the horses dgaf about the shrieking babies blocking the street

bigtexxx likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

The Austin shooter was an Uber driver. I wouldn't roll up on an Uber driver unless I actually called for an Uber.

I think this pretty self explanatory

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

@jo mama Who is Garett Martin? You say this name twice in two post, you mean Garett Foster? The guy who pointed a gun at a dude in a car?

tinman likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Stay away from these protests and stay breathing/out of jail.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Exactly, Him having a disabled Black Girlfriend doesn't change the situation if PROVEN that he rolled up on an Uber Driver with an AR-15.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm glad the protestors aren't trying to attack Uber Drivers this time.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In Portland removing the Federal troops did the trick. Last night was a night of peace instead of violence and somehow the courthouse didn't burn down. Fancy that.

RayRay10 likes this.