1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Herman Cain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This was from the late Mr Cain in late April:

Ugh. While it might be true, enough people do get sick to overwhelm the medical system without steps taken to lower the risk. As someone with a computer science and math degree, he wasn’t showing a very good understanding of probability and the message he spread not only cost him his life but possibly that of others who believe him, too.

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are basically admitting that Republicans are not wearing a mask to stick it to the liberals, and this is in turn costing some Republicans their lives.

it's Nadler's fault Cain died because Nadler is so annoying you want to do the opposite of what he endorses?

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The libtards are stopping businesses opening up with masks? Uh what?

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I had a couple of people I know that are quite religious tell me that we need to severely punish atheist China for their wicked virus and for killing “a great warrior for Christ” in Herman Cain.

RayRay10, ROXTXIA and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They're not wrong.

Cain was an OG.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

In some cases businesses are not allowed to open LOL even with safe protocols

7. Nook

Nook Member

Some businesses shouldn't open up with the proper protocol, for example movie theaters, large in door conventions, indoor restaurants. Unfortunately AC and heating recirculates the virus.

RayRay10 and Andre0087 like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That was my original choice of names, but it was already taken.

@KingCheerLeaderDeath

RayRay10, SamFisher and B-Bob like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

'Vast Majority' ... I keep hearing this phrase regarding corona virus infection.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Most businesses are open. The businesses that are not open are the businesses where the virus spreads easily because they can’t or won’t take the needed measures to protect their customers.

Again, most businesses are open. Bars and restaurants have been hit hard, I get that. But, we have seen that when these establishments try to open to large crowds, the virus spikes up. People in close proximity eating and drinking will cause the virus to spread. Having said that, the restaurants in my area south of Houston are open. Dining rooms are at a lower capacity, but I can eat at a restaurant if I want to. Most every store I want to shop is open.

I feel bad for the bar owners, but I think it’s good that they are closed.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Things I tell high school students. 98% might seems good when it comes to your score on a history test, but it is rather crappy if we are talking about the chance of not contracting a virus during the course of the upcoming day.

What are good odds depends on the consequences that follow the probability.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, I wouldn't want anyone to die, truly, but Herman Cain acted stupidly. He must have tired of waiting for Christ to show up here on Earth, because the high-risk cancer survivor chose to go deliver pizza to his King. "Pepperoni and mushroom. Great. I ordered supreme. No, no, no, too late now. I'll eat it." Pause. "You are not waiting for a tip. Right?"

Certain things you just don't do. You don't go to the Grand Canyon and stand on the edge leaning way out, telling your wife, "Take the picture now, take the piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.............." You don't go up to a snarling pit bull. You don't flout basic safety measures during a pandemic, especially if you're older and have a history of health issues.

You just don't.

#132 ROXTXIA, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    DVauthrin, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

The silent majority agree with the vast majority language concerning the Chinese virus.

* On a side note I over heard a guy say: "Yeah my grams got that chink virus. She wore a mask and avoided China town so no idea how she got." .... then later made a comment about Bill Gates maybe giving it to her through her prescription medication......... the guy was about 50 years old in a suit.

RayRay10 and Andre0087 like this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Who do you hang around ?? :eek:

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hey... you should have told me you were in my subdivision

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That situation doesn't give me a lot of hope...

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

In this case it was downtown Chicago on the Gold Coast. I had to meet a client there...... I over heard the conversation while standing outside waiting for the client to come down. Funny enough it was the Trump Tower.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

LOL This was in downtown Chicago in a very wealthy area. The man was very well dressed and it honestly took me by surprise when he said it because I did not expect that type of language from him (my mistake for assuming). Down in that area most of the people have post graduate degrees are wealthy and from outside the USA... so his accent (very Chicago) and his statement was jarring to me.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I hear a lot of well educated, gainfully employed in good jobs, people say inane stuff about the virus, conspiracies, Trump’s never do wrong greatness all the time.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

RIP to an amazing patriot, entrepreneur and role model for black Americans