1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman would choose Luka Doncic over James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 30, 2020.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep, it's not a race thing. It's a Kellerman flapping his jaws thing.

I don't mind heels. I do mind pompous idiots.

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

lol, dumbass Maxipad

D-rock likes this.
  3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

EVERY player in the NBA is priveleged.

Whether they were before they got there or not.

Some of those from 'priveleged' families might not be as relatable to the fans...but remember...pretty much everyone in the NBA is a millionaire. They all priveleged. You think any of them eat Ramen for dinner? :)

4. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Max was dancing all over Perk with his intentionally faulty reasoning and Perk couldn't expose him. You could tell he sniffs the faulty reasoning but just doesn't have the words or clarity to say it.

Seriously thought Perk was going to have a stroke. I'm glad SAS asked him to calm down. Last thing ESPN needs is for the NBA to come back and the headline be "KP suffers massive stroke on live television".

D-rock likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Stopped reading at 'prefer Luka'.

:eek:

D-rock likes this.
  6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I meant the way players like Curry and Mahomes grew up. Both their fathers were professional athletes and provided a life for them that players like Harden and Lamar Jackson didn't have. Kyrie Irving's father was also a professional athlete. Giannis is unrelatable because he's foreign.

So I wonder if the majority of NBA and NFL players relate better to players like Harden and Lamar Jackson, and are therefore more likely to vote for them in player polls, because they share a similar background with them not because of how light or dark skinned they are. It is just a nonserious theory.

7. riko

riko Member

Who cares?

burlesk, Patience and J Sizzle like this.
  8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If I have the option to choose between Luka and Harden to take the last shot of a playoff game. I would go with Luka any day of the week. Harden is mentally weak and his offensive repertoire is actually very limited despite his scoring average.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah it's "actually very limited", I'm sure you could show everyone that you could guard him right

smoothie_king gets banned, then all of a sudden his friends pop up.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

the talk of a clueless casual

u haven’t even seen Luka in a playoff game

So is prime Melo a better scorer than Harden because he had a better “scoring repertoire?” He must be according to your weak logic.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and D-rock like this.
  12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Luka at age 21 already averages 28-9-9. James Harden at age 21 wasn't even a starter. Luka is already better than Harden now and he is not done developing.

nwtx7263 likes this.
  13. the shark

the shark Member

What color is the sky in your world?

D-rock likes this.
  14. Caprah

Caprah Member

Poor lin troll

D-rock likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is dumb. The truth is Harden is much better than Luka. We don’t know if Luka will continue to improve. Take the known variable.

D-rock likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's pretty simple, game time soon.

Both would do well, I think.

Rox fans wouldn't take Doncic and Mavs fans wouldn't take Harden.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

nice moving of the goalposts...u can’t even keep your arguments consistent

1st it was Luka is already a better scorer than Harden (dumb and laughable), now it’s Luka is better than 21 yo Harden

no clueless casual fan, he is not already better than Harden...what a joke

D-rock likes this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought. Even back to high school age SOME younger (I obviously don’t know every backstory) they and some times their family were taken care of by someone if NEEDED —> a coach or recruiter. (A lot of players come from families that don’t need anything from anyone) The player’s talent and matching size didn’t just appear overnight. People around them “invested” in them. Coaches have projects and some will make it to the league and but most just go on with life. If a coach started to win because of a player more than likely the coach will “protect” that player. Protect = proving for the players needs —> help with grades, grocery or maybe a leadership role / friendship.

envisioning a gravel court with barred wire around it lit by burning trash cans probably didn’t really happen except for in the Disney movie.

#78 fattz, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    JumpMan likes this.
  19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's a racial thing at all with Luka Doncic and James Harden. It's a style of offense and style of play issue. Non-Rockets fans do not like isolation basketball. They like the free flowing, ball movement style of the 2005 Suns or 2017 Warriors. Beautiful basketball. They don't like to see Harden dribbling for 20 seconds and then drawing contact and going to the FT line. In their opinion, Harden's usage rates and shooting volume also inflate his statistics relative to players in more balanced offenses. They believe that Giannis or Lebron or Kawhi could achieve similar, if not better, stats if they took as many shots as Harden. Of course what they don't appreciate is Harden's efficiency, despite the volume.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Objectively speaking if we are talking about the next 12 years sure given lukas age and room for growth but if we are talking the next couple of years Harden all the way