1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is the one true king.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Do you Believe?

1. Yes

76.3%
  2. No

12.6%
  3. I don't care all that much

11.1%
  1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Word. These two have history of winning together. Westbrook is just gonna have to impose his will like he did in that Laker game matched up with Kuzma last year. This is just scrimmage. He’ll show up when it counts.

Cstyle42, D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Where's the 'I still sexy, sexy, saxophone believe'?

Section123row16seat1 likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kendrick Perkins: You gonna put some respec on that man's name.

4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

To be fair, the Lakers were the 4th seed last season before LeBron’s injury and the team slipped during LeBron’s absence. West has been a blood bath for a long time now, so it’s hard to say LeBron couldn’t take that team to the playoffs...

That said, most everything else in your take is pretty accurate. However, I still think we jumped the ship too soon on CP3. Management should have used whatever assets we had to reload. I know Russ started playing well before the season was suspended but I’m not sold on small ball. I’d love to be proven wrong but I don’t believe we will get past the second round with this squad.

Rockets loss to the Warriors last season was largely due to getting killed on the boards in crucial moments. Were gonna get obliterated even worse on the boards this season. Again, I hope I’m wrong but our severe lack of rebounding doesn’t inspire much optimism..

#44 Elephant810, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    A00man likes this.
  5. Section123row16seat1

better version

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

At the very least, WB won't go 0-27. Maybe 1-27, but point is... he will drive to the basket at least once and dunk it.

7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Harden still has the ability to create. Let's see what he can do with Westbrook as the elite finisher with more playing time together. This should diversify his game to keep the opponents on their heels.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

3-5 on catch and shoot threes in final scrimmage game

jch1911, apollo33 and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

NBA sweating Rockets new wrinkle of playing Harden off ball.

MDA still playing 3-D chess while everyone else playing checkers.

Plowman, s3ts and Reeko like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Love the catch and shoot. I mean if Harden can make those tough step backs no reason why he can't make the simpler catch and shoot

D-rock likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

#51 Fantasma Negro, Jul 30, 2020
    Plowman and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

@Reeko
    I addressed it and admitted fault when someone else pointed it out. Ease up :)

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

?

I was simply just showing u what his spot up opportunities looked like since u said u missed the game...

D-rock likes this.
  16. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I think not having an opposing crowd around Harden is going to be a HUGE difference maker. Not hearing real boos or the cheering when he messes up or gets a charge call. I think this setting can be perfect for him to just show up and go to work. Let's hope WB shakes off that rust and the rest of the guys play D and hit their threes

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Didn't seem to faze either of them during scrimmages.

solodolo11 likes this.
  18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

As I'm sure has been pointed out by now, none of them came close to beating a Warriors team with a healthy Durant, Steph, Klay, AND Dray. Harden's Rockets pushed them to the limit twice.

If not for Scott Foster, and a statistically impossible cold streak, Harden would have won a game 7 against that team WITHOUT ANY OTHER STARS ON HIS TEAM. Just absolutely unprecedented...

But sadly, no one is ever going to remember the amazingness of those Rockets because, due to circumstances entirely out of their control, they fell short of a title. :(

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden has led the league in win shares five times in his career and only won a single MVP. To put that in context, the only other players in history to lead the league in win shares at least five times are Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, and Neil Johnston.

Excluding Johnston, who played a portion of his career before the MVP award even existed, the fewest number of MVPs won by this group are the four, earned by both Lebron and Wilt.

All-time great teams and record-breaking seasons have continuously overshadowed harden’s individual excellence. He has done everything humanly possible to win the MVP award this season.

#59 D-rock, Jul 30, 2020
    DavidRocket, s3ts and vlaurelio like this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ahh. Thanks. I wasn’t actually upset but did think you were trying to prove my off the ball concern, which you did.

Plowman likes this.