1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is the one true king.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Do you Believe?

1. Yes

76.3%
  2. No

12.6%
  3. I don't care all that much

11.1%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is Federer but it's a team game.

Especially when only 1 team can win it every year.

Plowman likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

We can talk about what-ifs, but if we look at what’s actually transpired, Harden is the only who gave them a serious challenge.

Bron went against the KD Warriors and wasn’t competitive...a 4-1 slapping, and a sweep

the only GS Kawhi beat was a severely downgraded version in 6 games, and he didn’t even play as well as Harden even tho the media acts like he was MJ in last year’s finals while Harden choked averaging an efficient 35

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't forget that some teams saw the Warriors' ongoing superiority as the perfect time to tank and reload, with varying degrees of success.

It's a point of pride that the Rockets (first under Les, then Tilman) refused to take this route. And since the moment Harden got here, he's been the key guy in every group Morey has put together. He's had to shoulder a bigger load than anyone else in the league, including LeBron, all while being the target of seemingly every clown with a keyboard.

Plowman, jcf, don grahamleone and 7 others like this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I just can’t see Harden being that effective off the ball. He’s the greatest ISO player possibly ever. But off the ball is a completely different make up. A guy like Klay is possibly better off the ball than legends. Not saying Harden will fail at this, but I mean we haven’t seen it in how long? Playoffs isn’t something where you all of a sudden introduce a new trick. Honestly, I hate saying this but a lot may be MDA’s fault, at the same time not sure what other coach can do better for Harden.

5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well we saw it a lot yesterday. He had like 5 catch and shoot 3s in the first half, plays were drawn up for him to catch and shoot, he was running the break without the ball, moving off ball and coming off screens...looked like a different player. But it was a scrimmage game so you can decide how much weight you want to put on it.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I actually missed the game but good to hear.

7. Caprah

Caprah Member

Harden looks freakishly good in the bubble

8. Caprah

Caprah Member

Tmacman and Harold bingo are lin trolls

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL you think in a real game if MDA drew up catch and shoot plays for harden and his teammates executed it harden will F it up?

Mathloom and D-rock like this.
  10. vlaurelio

MDA call the right catch and shoot plays and his team mates execute it I trust Harden not to f*ck it up

D-rock likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

yeah thus Morey's apology

12. vlaurelio

the fact that Lebron or Kawhi doesn't have the balls to carry a team by themselves is already telling

its not what if Lebron or Kawhi can lead the the rockets

they won't even consider replacing harden's shoes. cause they can't. too much heavy of a burden too much work too much pressure

if harden had a chance to play with a healthy kyrie and love or that raptors team last year he would have won a chip already but he won't because he's too loyal to the rockets

DavidRocket, Mathloom and hakeem94 like this.
  13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No I wasn't saying Harden would screw it up. I was saying that we've seen the team do stuff in scrimmages that doesn't happen in regular games. We've been hearing about "off the ball Harden" for years and we've never seen it, so I'm skeptical.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I think you make a good point. I don’t think Kawhi is as good as Harden but you definitely can’t dismiss the idea that a strong team with him could beat a stacked Warriors team with enough attempts. I really can’t see Lebron overcoming the 2 year KD Warriors, but to be fair he only had one attempt with Kyrie and a solid team. Let’s not forget how good Chris Paul was in our 7 game series.

15. vlaurelio

yeah its on MDA to draw up the play and the players to execute it

16. SemisolidSnake

I voted "I don't care all that much," simply because in this year, where sports is bizarre, I don't.

Everything you say is accurate. In an alternate dimension where the Rockets play in San Francisco and nothing else changes, his play style is endlessly hailed, and he's considered the hero of the generation. Simple as that.

It will be a shame if James never wins a championship in Houston, because it definitely won't be his fault. And we know damn well that if the Rockets somehow won this year, it would be completely disregarded as "not real." It's ultimately a shame that he'll never get the recognition he deserves at large, just like Hakeem still doesn't. But at least WE know.

DavidRocket, jcf, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It’s different this time bro, I’m telling you. We’re going to have harden as a mediocre catch and shoot player and that’s going to unlock so many keys for us.

never seen him sprint to the corner like that. Never seen MDA be this decisive. We’re going to lighten the load on harden by increasing our transition and catch and shoot offense.

i feel like MDA has told the stars: listen, it’s my last year, I’m retiring. For once let me do 100% of what I want and let’s roll with that.

we’re starting to look more like the suns, I love it. The warriors did not maximize their offensive potential because they relied too much on catch and shoot but they were so talented it didn’t matter that they weren’t operating at maximum (it’s the only reason we were able to compete with them).

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'll say it and I know I will get flamed for it. If Harden brings us a Championship, he is in the same breath as Dream as a rocket legend. What's he's done over the last 4 seasons is Dream like.

We need just need more clutch shooting from our shooters. If Harden had clutch guys like Cassell, Horry, Elie, and Smith, he would be a champion right now twice over. Those guys combined for around 40 percent 3 point shooting in the playoffs during our title run. Smith shot 44 percent from 3's. Imagine if Harden had just one guy that could shoot like that. :eek:

DavidRocket, Williamson, jcf and 3 others like this.
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It is pretty crazy how he has consistently put up more of a fight against the KD Warriors than any other star player, and he is not recognized/appreciated at all for that fact.

20. A00man

A00man Member

It's a championship or bust. It hasn't happened yet, and the window is getting narrower. I still think that if we get a big man in the off-season and roll with Harden, Westbrook, RoCo, Tucker (can he be effective another year?), and a center who can rebound and catch lobs, we can win a championship. Capela had to go to get RoCo, but this extreme small ball isn't going to win it all. Get a center and keep the current team in tact, and they have a legit shot.

As of now, no championship and some questionable disappearances in the playoffs and the general lack of clutch play making just keeps proving his detractors right. Results speak and almost doesn't count. In the end, f hamstrings. Should've won it all.