1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks! Deserves it's own thread.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I largely agree that with any other president we still would've seen a major outbreak and likely still tens of thousands of deaths. I would also add in addition to the political polarization the federal structure still means that even with a competent and proactive President much of this would still be up to the states. There is good chance that with a President Hillary Clinton states like TX and FL would done exactly the same or even less just to spite the President.

What I'm very sure of though is that we wouldn't see the self-aggrandizing or flat out crazy rhetoric. We wouldn't see a president refusing to wear a mask because they wanted to stick it to the press. We wouldn't see president publicly speculating if we should take bleach internally..

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

In other reopening news it sounds like the MLB season is in trouble again as the several Miami Marlins have tested positive and have had to cancel games while the Yankees Phillies game is cancelled because the Yankees would be using the same visiting lockerroom that the Marlins just did.

In the meantime Lou Williams of the Clippers couldn't stay in the bubble. Had to get hot wings from a strip club.....

The trainer for the Vikings, who is the guy in charge of dealing with COVID-19 for the team, tested positive.

I've enjoyed watching baseball and look forward to the NBA back but this isn't going well and shows the attempt to get back pro-sports is half baked.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

... and people voted for these idiots...

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

With all the incompetence and pure fckery that has been going on with this administration, I’ve been getting the sense that more and more people won’t take voting for granted moving forward.

All these yes men and incompetent buffoons who allowed this administration to go unchecked and played a part in this disaster need to get voted out, no exceptions. It’s not enough to vote against Trump, and then call it a day. All these immoral morons on the state and local level have got to go.

Ron Desantis, when the time comes? Bye

Greg bootlicker Abbott, when the time comes? Bye

and the list goes on

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Official editorial stance?

What the hell is that?

What is the official editorial stance of NYP or the WSJ?

Edit

I misread the post, you were not saying it was the official editorial stance.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ha!

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I hope that this is the case...and it will probably come true in November and maybe in 2021. But, what about after that...the specter of the Tea Party still hangs over much of the GOP and it won't just go away because Trump loses. If McConnell wins, he's got another 6 years leading the GOP Senate and there's still a lot of folks like Graham, Cornyn, Cruz, etc that will still push the same agenda they've been pushing since they came into office.

2022 will be a huge year for this country. If folks get mad at Biden or just become apathetic again, the GOP will take back the House and Senate and we'll be right back where we were from 2010-2106...a Dem president with a GOP that won't let him accomplish anything...and our country will fall back into the same cycle we had during that time. And, then, in 2024, the GOP will have a ton of candidates...a loudmouth ignorant fool will probably win (probably a Trump...maybe it'll be Junior this time) and then we'll all be fretting whether or not he'll win against an elderly Biden or a brand-new Dem choice...and we may end up right back where we were.

The only way to get the GOP, and the Tea Party, to reconcile is to continue to hand them losses at every level. Until that happens, nothing will really change.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

agree 100%...I do believe what has been transpiring will be an eye opener tho

the worst virus to hit this country since 1918, and it’s been met with nothing but incompetence and political agendas...that is the only way what is supposed to be the greatest country in the world is 1 of the worst at handling this virus

and that’s just coronavirus...I haven’t even mentioned the unprecedented corruption, blatant lies, and eroding of democracy

Trump will get his in November, and then all his enablers need catch all the heat when their time comes

deb4rockets, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

150k Americans dead and counting on in only 5 months by 1 cause...it’s hard to wrap your head around

to this day, we still have idiots comparing this to the flu

Since when was the flu doing these types of numbers every year?

deb4rockets, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I hope you're right, but I can't shake a sense of dread.

Venality doesn't surprise me, in either political party, but the way Trump perverts and corrupts everything and everyone that enters his orbit is astounding. If Mother Theresa were alive, she'd emerge from a White House visit ("and here's a little something, Mother....for the orphans" [wink, wink]) maligning the Fake News and touting hydroxychloroquine.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Didn't Gaetz test positive awhile back?

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

We have people claiming that the death numbers are inflated and that car crash deaths are being labeled as COVID-19 to pump up the numbers.

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

No, he was in quarantine due to being in close contact with someone who had it, but he never tested positive.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

What I would say to those fools is that even if something crazy like 50% of the total death count was actually mislabeled or misrepresented as being due to Covid-19, that’s still 75k dead in 5 months

Just how much do these people think u can inflate 150k dead?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Losing an election is hardly enough "punishment".

RayRay10, Reeko and DVauthrin like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. NewRoxFan

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Republicans owned by those pesky facts, once again. You hate to see it. :D