1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabo: Some Rockets players infected with COVID

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 5, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s called a joke

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Wait, Bleacher Report picked up my JOKE tweet as serious "news"??? :D

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Are you trolling us?????

@ApacheWarrior @BimaThug

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Obviously some people need help with critical thinking.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Thank you. Especially for the important bit that nobody seems to get. The masks don't do an especially good job of protecting the wearer; they're more to protect others from the wearer. That's why it's so important everyone wear one.

When someone decides to express their personal freedom not to wear a mask, they're not taking their own lives into their hands nearly as much as they're taking everyone else's lives into their hands.

Drunk driving is a perfect analogy. Do you have the freedom to drive drunk? You can make the 'personal choice' to drive drunk. But, when you do, you're breaking the law because you're endangering others. There is absolutely no difference here.

D-rock, Patience and Easy like this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I heard hartenstein whooped sefolosha in the locker room.

Multiple sauces confirmed.

7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I suggest to sign Michael Beasley and Nick young for backup.

8. raining threes

Sure there is we can all self quarantine forever if this is really about saving lives. No more accidents. No sickness, no anything. I really dont want to live like that, maybe you do. We need to start making our own stuff here in America is my point. Not just masks but everything.

9. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I was EXTREMELY CLEAR... I said, "let's say hypothetically, it decreases your chances 20%". The definition of "hypothetically" is - by making an assumption for the sake of discussion or argument. I was simply attempting to discuss the concept of wearing masks and other precautionary measures with you by assigning hypothetical numbers to them. Again. I was EXTREMELY CLEAR that the numbers were hypothetical and NOT BASED ON REAL INFORMATION.

To address your other point, WE DID OPEN UP THE ECONOMY. As a result, we're setting death records daily in Texas, and it's very clear that we opened up the economy too quickly and/or without taking the necessary precautions to do it properly. Based on the results in New York, it is the latter. It's very possible to open up the economy AND not have people die.

About your point of this being a "test case of government control"... That's the oldest BS argument in the conspiracy theorists guide. Every f***ing thing that the government does is a "test case for control" or something being done to "acclimate the population to government control". This is the same thing as doomsday forecasters... They say the world is going to end every 5 years, and it doesn't, so they move the forecast back a few more years and keep preaching the same BS. And everyone keeps believing the same BS. I'll put it simply... you're going to die an old man before there is a New World Order, so stop worrying about it, and start worry about things that might kill you next week. Those things are VERY REAL.

About "giving up your rights"... Is wearing a mask "giving up your rights"? If so, you are one serious snowflake and I can't help you. Does wearing a shirt into a convenience store make your throw a tantrum about your civil rights as well?

However, all that is irrelevant as I was just addressing your inaccurate posts about masks.

across110thstreet and Easy like this.
  10. Doctor Robert

Dude... READ the previous post. This is NOT black and white. It's not a choice between never going outside again, and going out with complete disregard about your fellow human beings. Who the F said this? Are you watching Fox News all day?

Read my post again, and explain to me how being smart is about giving up all of your civil rights?

11. Doctor Robert

Exactly. We're trying to explain some of the subtleties of the situation and all of the responses are about sledgehammers.

Easy likes this.
  12. Doctor Robert

Revision to my previous, more subtle response.

YES. THEY ABSOLUTELY LIED.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ston-overwhelmed-icus-leave-covid-19-n1233430

D-rock likes this.
  13. raining threes

What I will tell you again masks don't work. But I don't look down on people who wear masks

14. raining threes

Masks don't cut the risks 20 percent. Today more people are wearing masks than ever and like you said deaths are on the rise.

You don't realize how your post contradicts itself.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Look at how you guys let this dude rope you into this dumb ass debate, lol.

16. Doctor Robert

I'll leave it at this. You're dead wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  17. raining threes

Agree to disagree.

18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Trump: nah a big deal…

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

@Genghis352
    @Doctor Robert

Accountability matters. A few weeks ago we debated whether the Houston hospitals would fill up or not. I took the position that I agreed with the CEOs of the largest hospitals in Houston in that we would not run out of hospital space. Almost everyone else took the position that the hospitals would run out of space and that the CEOs of these hospitals were lying. A month has now passed and it’s time to determine a winner of this debate. The data is conclusive and that winner is me.

When we were having this debate, cases were literally at their peak. Meanwhile, I had the vision and analytical skill to know they were coming down. I was 100% right. Cases have come down ever since. The mob and a couple of outspoken doctors were 100% wrong. Feels good to achieve complete, data-driven vindication. But to debate 1 against 10 and come out victorious, well it makes it that much more delicious.

[​IMG]

I took the position that Houston would not run out of beds. Virtually all others, including doctors, predicted we'd run out of space. As of today, only 21% of Phase II hospital capacity has been used and 0% of Phase III hospital capacity has been used. That’s over 3,500 beds in the Texas Medical Center that are not in use at all. Plenty o' space. As a note, under normal circumstances, ICU capacity in the Texas Medical Center is 1,330 beds and usually runs near capacity. We haven’t even scratched the surface of available COVID bed capacity! I said it a month ago and was ridiculed and I’ll say it again, THERE IS AMPLE HOSPITAL BED CAPACITY IN HOUSTON. Data at link below.

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/overview-of-tmc-bed-status/

Did I win this debate? Absolutely. And we should be thankful that COVID cases in Houston are quickly declining! Good news all around.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seriously.

Who would be that excited to win a debate about something that has cost the lives of hundred thousands?

You have proven to be one of a kind.
    Congrats.