1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 7/24/2020 (Scrimmage)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I still think that it is almost impossible to succeed with this type of game that MDA intends. We don't have the right players.
    I still see a team concerned with moving the ball and shooting three points, but with little defensive effort, no presence on the boards and little depth on the bench.
    The good? Harden is in his best physical shape and Westbrook will be very soon.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The GARM is whiny as ever I see.

If I read the comments correctly, I am the only person on this site that was happy with what they saw. Y'all do know it was a GD scrimmage, right? Pull y'all's big boy panties out of your cracks!

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Caboclo-Green-House-McLemore-Clemons lineup won’t win us too many games.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hmm...

This is EXACTLY what @Williamson's alt account would say...:D

5. TimDuncanDonaut

I relooked at the box score.

Nurse played 14 guys. It's really 11, since the last three came in during garbage time (*4min or less). Mostly their starters and next 6 bench guys averaged around 15-20 minutes. Really solid minutes distribution. Scrimmage having a 10 minute quarter, a good of number of their guys played. On the +/-, Siakim (FG: 5/9) and Ibaka (8/10) surprisingly was minus in the box score. Most likely since Rockets was strong in Q1. Their bench guys was very strong in +/-.

On the Rockets side. For minutes played, a number of our guys was over 20 min: Gordon (25), Tucker (22), Harden (25), House (30), BMac (23), Green (21). Not mad at MDA for it, as it looks like they wanted to monitor Russ minutes (15), and someone pointed out earlier DeMarre had the hamstring. In future, few of these minutes could go to DeMare and Austin.

Battle of quarters, it was the 4th, that TOR ran away with the game. TOR still scored 20+, which was on par as the other quarters, but Rockets only had 10 pts. Rockets Q4 defense wasn't worse per se. Guys were getting back to guard the fast break.

If I had to critique Q4 defense, HOU was over helping on TOR's first attack, two HOU players swarming in, and the penetrator passes to the guy left open for an easy layup or a three. Sometimes, you let the 1:1 play out. The penetrator hasn't beaten his man yet, so leaving your guy early to help could cost a bucket.

Even though we lost, I respected MDA for leaving Clemons, Gordon, Green, House and BMac in the game. Because playing time is so important, and if not scrimmage, where else could they get these extra reps.

Was hoping a win, but looking back next day; just a scrim. Most important is getting quality competition like the Raptors. Now HOU also has new tapes to go back over.

#385 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

While it was just a scrimmage, the bench better get its act together. Toronto has one of the best and deepest bench players in the league going back to last year. It hasn't changed.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think this year was Ibaka's best year in scoring and 3pt percentage while maintaining his rebound prowess and playing C.

Ever or in a long time.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

38% percent shooting, I'd say we're in mid-season form already.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Even more reason for Harden to play himself into shape. Only 8 games until playoffs.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Rockets were playing like ass before the shutdown and this scrimmage did nothing to convince me its going to be any different when things start back up.

Little Bit likes this.
  11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Is NBA League Pass really $30 right now? Is it worth it? Will Rockets games not be blacklisted anymore since everyone is in the same city?

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That’s only for the 8 games though? The playoffs will be National like normal I would think.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Austin rivers missed his flight stuck in line Applying for covid relief checks because rockets ain't pay him!

Austin rivers running out of excuses for poor performance!

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

harden, wb, roco are pretty good rebounders at their position

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

this gets lost here. People acted like we were setting the league on fire. We were very average.

Jturbofuel and Mr. Dominant like this.
  16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Rocket need sign McLemore.
    Let chips fall where they may for austin river.
    God speed United States, Houston, including ball player formerly known as Austin Rivers!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Time to put your computer away.....mommy is calling you to bed!!!

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member