1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 7/24/2020 (Scrimmage)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 22, 2020.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

James looked phenomenal as usual, everyone else looked like ****, but that's expected. Our bench really sucks.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Remember in the Russ first interview in the bubble they asked him when he thinks he will be at 100% and he answered, you'll know when I'm at 100%. Clearly tonight he showed the rust of a few months layoff. He had his moments, but not the Russ we saw Jan - March. I'll worry when he seems off by the 8th game of the regular season.

1st scrimmage game back seems like the team was doing okay. Definitely could use some improvements on defensive rotations and need their legs for 3 point shooting but team looked fine to me overall. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Haha... 'better GM'

You do know the GM we have after Morey is going to be Tilman's son?

The spoilt kid who's never worked a day in his life.

I'd suggest cherishing Morey while you have him.

Once the family insert themselves into the entire organisation, we're going to wish we were the Knicks.

Patience, ak99999, Fyreball and 4 others like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

why make up his mind this early

he stubborn and lazy AF

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I liked the play where we missed a 3. Those won't always go in but it's good to play the percentages.

6. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

ak99999 likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

Eric G looks like he wants to be a Rocket for life & just cash checks. He is the death of Harden & Westbrook’s Rocket career unless something changes and fast. This is EG time to be the difference and this is how he responded. The excuses are stale, now is his time.

D-rock and ak99999 like this.
  8. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Is it me or is there some background noise on this video that's pretty annoying. Sounds like people moving on the court (heavy steps/moves), but the audio quality is coming through poorly

D-rock likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bruh it was a scrimmage...

D-rock, ryano2009, Patience and 4 others like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

The NBA's plan to add atmosphere to the game better be good, because play-offs games will just not be close to what it's supposed to be. Intensity, atmosphere, energy, it just looks boring AF. Rockets looked bad on transition defense and offensively only Harden was really on point. Didn't see anything to believe we're this great team. The midget line-ups were painful to watch and Gordon starting better stop right now.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Most of them weren't hot commodities and on the verge of being let go by other teams.

Clemons is a very small player.

It's hard to demand discipline from players who were borderline rotational players, inconsistent players to begin with.

Also this microball system is probably the only of its kind, it's pretty hard to play perfectly I would assume.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The point was also to find a 3rd or 4th option once WB and JH went to the bench but I guess we just have to pray on those streaky players to go hot.

MDA was close to play Harden 30 minutes in a meaningless scrimmage again to avoid the game being blown open.
    It was surreal when guys like Siakam were already resting for a bit.

It would have been a blowout, had those Raptors shot better in the early beginning.
    Shot below 25% on mostly open looks.

While it's a scrimmage, a mini blowout would have been a dampener.

You just have to hope, PJ and Covington do not get injured or in early foul trouble as they are the only ones defending their hearts out every night.

#372 daywalker02, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden probably planned to play 3 quarters to get closer to game shape. this has been the trend every preseason

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, the aspect that annoyed me was you could see that the Raps bench was superior.

He looked gassed and slowed down toward the end.

Was just conceding more points.

Would think they'd go with the situation at hand.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah our min contract players are for the most part unplayable in the playoffs

i posted earlier in the thread about my doubts mclemore/green see much playing time come postseason b/c of their defensive shortcomings

only austin and house can be relied on. and we'll be lucky to get something out of luc or carroll

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I researched earlier, it's Mclemore's first playoff ride.

Was on bad teams before.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

between mac, green, bruno, clemons, chandler... 1/3 of our roster is wholly unplayable, leaving only 10 possible playoff players. of which luc hasn't played in 2yrs and carroll already has an injury

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bruno looked absolutely lost out there, Rondae Hollins or some Raptor rolled for a dunk next to him and he has the worst defensive look and body language.

Clemons just too small to do anything than chucking shots.

ak99999 and pippendagimp like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

neither of these guys are better or more useful than hartenstein. and i'm no hartenstein fan lol

Tato1971 likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m a say this
    Mike D’Antoni don’t care about bigs people