1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What divides us won’t be along race, it will be based on beliefs as evidenced

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jul 23, 2020.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rashmon likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Usually a dumb misunderstanding.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry. We give out those pens to everyone They are the participation awards of ANTIFA. They don't have to be part of our Antifa group. Although, you make a very solid point by saying that she was communicating with a walkie-talkie. That probably means that her and every single kid from the 1980s are absolutely part of ANTIFA. That confirms it.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Bahahahahahaha....

Drops the mic.... on your foot maybe.

Also you didn't even respond to what I was asking. You found one name of a guy who says TO SINCLAIR BROADCASTING (good lord....) that he was once on the dark side, and saw the light.

So who is the Antifa Osama Bin Laden? Who is the mastermind training up Antifa warriors who are going to raid the suburbs, and steal your daughters?? Surely they can find SOMEONE to be the Antifa cleric?

#45 dobro1229, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would smoke any of yall at cornhole. But I am a centrist so I dont have a team.

dobro1229 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't speak for conservatives, but centrist liberals and moderates probably just don't like the assholish behaviors exhibited by staunch liberals toward them :p:

What’s changed? In 2017 most centrist liberals felt confident (54%) they could express their views. However today, slightly less than half (48%) feel the same. The share who feel they cannot be open increased 7 points from 45% in 2017 to 52% today. In fact, there have been shifts across the board, where more people among all political groups feel they are walking on eggshells.

Although strong liberals are the only group who feel they can say what they believe, the share who feel pressured to self‐censor rose 12 points from 30% in 2017 to 42% in 2020. The share of moderates who self‐censor increased 7 points from 57% to 64%, and the share of conservatives rose 70% to 77%, also a 7‐point increase. Strong conservatives are the only group with little change. They are about as likely now (77%) to say they hold back their views as in 2017 (76%).

Self‐censorship is widespread across demographic groups as well. Nearly two‐thirds of Latino Americans (65%) and White Americans (64%) and nearly half of African Americans (49%) have political views they are afraid to share. Majorities of men (65%) and women (59%), people with incomes over $100,000 (60%) and people with incomes less than $20,000 (58%), people under 35 (55%) and over 65 (66%), religious (71%) and non‐religious (56%) all agree that the political climate prevents them from expressing their true beliefs.​

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

That’s a good point as it relates to the article. Here it was a black man, a veteran at that simply having a different political view and sharing his view that he didn’t fight in wars for what’s happening in Portland to be happening , the unending rioting and civil terror against all those that think differently from the mob injustice and he gets called derogatory names, followed, Electronic surveillance from the mob, bats , etc ...I know several knuckleheads didn’t read this guys testimony but I invite them to click the link and see the full context ...it isn’t right

9. fchowd0311

If we are going to use anecdotes does that mean black people should be in constant fear of white supremacist attacks at their local churches? Or should Muslims and Sikhs be afraid to attend their mosques or temples because fear of it being shot up? Or should Latinos fear attending a Latino dominated Walmart for fear of it being shot up?

Shoud those people have fear of expressing their beliefs?

Should Heather Heyer have been in constant fear of expressing her beliefs as it led to her death?

See the only thing Conservatives have to go by when they say there feel oppresed is their word. They can't point to empirical data of the being oppressed. So why should we believe their victomhood of expressing their beliefs? We only have their word. They love dismissing systemic racism towards Blacks even when pointed to data so why should we listen to their cries when they can't even point to data and just have victimhood anecdotes.

Maybe they subconsciously feel guilty for holding a selfish egocentric worldview?

AleksandarN likes this.
  10. dobro1229

Ummmm... Liberals play Bocce Ball Astrodome!! You meet us on our battlefield if you want a good fight. And don't be bringing any of that Budweisser... we only drink PBR's and IPA's. I play you at cornhole, and you play me a Bocce... loser has to drink each other's beer.

Society can then live in peace.

Astrodome and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. ROXRAN

So you don’t care about the black veteran in the article or how he felt? Got it

12. ROXRAN

You are Antifa ? Holy crap that explains your defense of Antifa ...I kindly ask you to recuse yourself for implicit bias

13. fchowd0311

No I don't have sympathy for him. He is another instigator who isn't helping.

14. ROXRAN

Of course you feel that way

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

Franchise blade is a admitted Antifa member, I’m gonna promptly call the feds and have him investigated #veryserious, seriously FB needs some unmarked van treatment and re-education processing

generalthade_03 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Yes. He's an agitator, not a problem solver. He knew what would happen if he rolled in there waiving a American flag. I don't like the people who harrased him and I don't like him. Neither are problem solvers.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. dobro1229

I mean... I'm against fascism so since I admitted that do you need to report me too?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

So you didn't answer my question. Are you one of those fat f*cks who is out of breath sprinting 5 seconds in full PPE with all sapi plates? You tout a big game. Just wondering if it's all just chest puffing.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol at this thread. Wasn't the original title something about a civil war?

OP please go fight this battle somewhere in the Nevada desert away from us normal folks. Should be enough space for the 50 people that show up.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

OP backed down with his civil war bravado???