1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

maybe your biased French media forgot to report that NY actually sent positive covid patients into nursing homes. Didn’t protect the vulnerable.

...and there are denser cities around the world that didn’t have the total failure NYC had.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh really? Why don't you go there and investigate....

...oh yes, i forgot, you are physically banned from doing so by order of Governor Cuomo, due to the shambolic public health status of your domicile.

No worries. I hear its a lovely time to visit Lake Champlain Conroe

RayRay10, KingCheetah and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, our death count in Texas today is 7th highest in the world! That's terrible.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and IBTL like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Thats every post. Like a dog owned coming back for more. Woof woof

A bottom for the board..humility ftw!

Concepts like trump sleeping through february ( the biggest contributor to ny and the fact it is international high traffic spot duh)

Also concepts like density are past his capabilities. I mean what is this 'distancing' thing? Duhh... Dense is right!

Not only that ..repug policies are what caused tx and fl to spike now ( inexcusable repug policy and fault of leadership) when we knew about this virus here for literally months!!!-.. Massive failure by desantis and abbottabad.

Im not sending my kids to school because of jagoffs like him and maybe I should thank him since Im thinking of doing some remote work and kids school on the north shore of oahu for the interim. Sep 1 baby!

Meanwhile real leaders like cuomo have flattened the curve and guess what? Duhh now in a better place?? Thank god for guys like cuomo to save ny!!

I wish bigotess would post more between now and nov 3...its guys like him that are helping biden. Go go go!!

Mahalo

RayRay10, malakas and deb4rockets like this.
  5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Pathetic. Turn in your Rice degree. And how self absorbed do you have to be to put in your profile, at a basketball fan site, that you live in River Oaks. If you actually live in River Oaks, dude, get some class. If not, damn, get a life. Either way, it sure does make sense you’re a Trump supporter.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He only cares about himself. Not once has he shown a bit of concern for all the hospitalized patients or dead. They are stats that make defending Trump and Abbott more difficult every month. He's a broken record at this point, with no heart, compassion, or care about anyone fighting for their lives right now, or the 216 more dead Texans today.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Just want to repeat for concerned parents in here that latest studies in SK have found that children younger than 10 are 1/5 as likely to get infected and also infect others.

Ofc if the virus is too much widespread or if someone in the household is at risky group that does little good and it is always the parents decision.
    But if someone is sitting on the fence or has limited options that may be put your mind at rest.

joshuaao, bigtexxx and RayRay10 like this.
  8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That study doesn’t put my mind to rest. First, it showed children under 10 are 28% as likely to get infected and also infect others compared to 10-19 year olds(18.6% vs 5.3%). Obviously, that’s much better, but a 5.3% rate of infection is still too high considering the current COVID-19 situation in Texas and much of the United States. Second, here are more conclusions from the study. A contact survey in Wuhan and Shanghai, China, showed that school closure and social distancing significantly reduced the rate of COVID-19 among contacts of school-aged children (8). In the case of seasonal influenza epidemics, the highest secondary attack rate occurs among young children (9). Children who attend day care or school also are at high risk for transmitting respiratory viruses to household members (10). None of those three conclusions should have parents of young children itching to send their kids to school for in-person classes right now.

In Texas, we’ve already seen what happens when child care facilities don’t follow all necessary COVID-19 guidelines and best practices. Across the state, day care facilities (which house preschool age children during the day and some elementary-age children in after-school programs) were allowed to reopen on May 18 with a list of guidelines and practices that administrators, teachers and parents were expected to follow daily. On June 12, those mandatory guidelines and practices were inexplicably lifted, and cases immediately spiked. By June 25, those guidelines and practices were put back into place.

As of July 3, Texas had more than 1,300 COVID-19 cases from child care centers. On May 21, there were 67 such cases.

#2508 DVauthrin, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Your predictions are a joke. You've never taken this seriously.

June 5th you said…
    The virus has turned out to be a total dud.

June 8th you said…..
    Please take note of the broader US trends, not cherry-picked, anecdotal information, which is always the worst form of evidence. The US deaths are dropping like a rock.

June 12th you said….
    I said national deaths are dropping like a rock, and Texas deaths appear to have peaked as well. You’ve posted nothing but anecdotal case count information, which is of little value. You’re emotionally invested in spreading unnecessary fear. Look at the death rates and educate yourself.

June 20th you said….
    The cry of “the hospitals will be overwhelmed” has been heard since February but it simply hasn’t happened. Why are you still clinging to this?

June 21st you said…..
    More fear mongering. Yawn. Hospitals in the US haven't been overwhelmed - the warnings from March/April never came to pass, not even close.

June 25th you said….
    Deb's flailing. Poor gal. Deaths matter. The US is on a great trend downwards. If the recent case rise isn't resulting in more deaths, that's a very good thing.

July 1st you said…..
    The death rates in America have fallen off a cliff since April. This is GOOD news. They may or may not spike again with the "new" cases - since many of the new cases are young people, who have a tiny chance of death.
    …..The hospitals are not overwhelmed. 1.4 million healthcare workers have been let go throughout this mess. That should tell you something.

I'll just stop there. Deaths in Texas have gone from a daily average of 35 to 131 since July 1st. Everyone but you could see that this was bound to happen except you. You can't blame anyone for taking anything you say as just another Trump/Abbott troll.

Rashmon, joshuaao, Xenon and 8 others like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

I think it's cute that yall continue to engage noflexxx like he's not a partisan dissembler

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I appreciate everyone responding to Texx. Cause if you let a fool speak nonsense without responding, the fool will never know he is foolish and others might think he is wise. So sayeth some proverb.

12. Buck Turgidson

Other ancient proverb:

[​IMG]

13. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah stop investing so much energy responding seriously to a sociopathic fool.
    Just throw him an insult here and there and tell him to go off himself when he starts spewing life endangering bullcrap so he shuts his mouth, thats the most he deserves.
    I dont care if this brings the level of discussion down. At this point thats the only kind of response such sociopaths deserve and nothing more.

14. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Hmmm...
    Reminds me of someone.
    Self centered...racist...orange...
    I can’t put my finger on it...

15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I see a lot of law suits happening in their future. Stupid.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

17. malakas

malakas Member

LOL at comparing the tests done in USA with India...a country that most of the people still don't have toilets in their houses.

DVauthrin, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

remember this:

It’s easier to fool someone than convince them they’ve been fooled.

IBTL and JumpMan like this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

A motto all Trump supporters will live by for years to come.

deb4rockets, IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian