1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New yankee sign stealing info?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Legend, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Lol. There's no arguing with people who have the narrative built in their head. They honestly want to compare our star players stats from their first year or two in the bigs, to their stats from their prime mid 20s years.

If you can't make that simple connection in your head I'm sorry but you don't have critical thinking skills.

2. raining threes

The media got what they wanted. Luhnow/Taubman fired. They didn't want Hinch fired but he was collateral damage and because of this he will get another job in MLB again. Luhnow most likely wont.

If I was a team like say, the Pirates I would have an agreement with Luhnow to hire him the first day his suspension is over and let his revenge on MLB take over the NL.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

They admitted cheating. There's no conspiracy. They did it.

4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Why do you even have "Go Astros" on your sig if you're not an actual fan of the team? You don't seem to be much of a Houston fan so I don't know why you have that username either.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

It's you that seem to be the outlier. Even the Astros said they did it. So it's the whole world and the Astros that agree, they did it, but not you. That puts you on the outside. Why won't you stand with the team in their darkest hour might I ask? Do you not bleed Orange? Are you not a true Astros fan? Join the team, Crane, Hinch, Lunhow and just admit it. Sometimes the family gets dirty, but we have to stick together and fix it.

#285 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  6. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Was there ever even the slightest bit of evidence about players wearing buzzers besides the one tweet by "Beltran's niece"? Where did this concept come from? It's now accepted that Altuve wore a buzzer, but I never heard anyone with inside knowledge accusing him of this.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

b****boy err Yankees fanboy Jomboy

He got a wrinkle on his jersey! It's a buzzer!
    He got confetti on his jersey! It's a buzzer!
    He don't want his jersey off! It's a buzzer!

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You forgot the confetti on Reddick?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Not only that..... the entire system is moot if the other team knows what you're doing or just changes their signs often. Like Carlos said, signs are constantly changed during the postseason.

Essentially the Red Sox, Dodgers, and Yankees had to be completely incompetent.

RayRay10 and STR8Thugg like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And what’s funny is Gleyber Torres was mentioned in the same tweet but he’s somehow exonerated lol

everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  11. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

That
    That was almost immediately debunked.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I should have used sarcasm tags :D

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He can't be a fan AND admit the truth? I've been a fan since 1962. In 2017, it was proven they cheated. I'm very disappointed and let management know. That being said, I remain a fan.

arkoe, RayRay10 and msn like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

“There were a lot of guys on that team I didn’t like, and then I spoke to them at the All-Star game, and I actually enjoyed talking to them a lot,” [A's closer Liam] Hendriks said at the team’s Mesa, Ariz., spring training facility in March. “Then this comes out over the offseason, and it’s like, now, I can’t even look them in the eye and have any respect for them.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ange...re-astros-from-scorn-cheating-al-west-preview

I wonder if he can look Frankie Montas in the eye and have respect for him?

everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  15. msn

msn Member

Pretending they didn't cheat and being ok with MLB's and the media's treatment aren't the only options here.

Yes, they cheated.
    No, codebreaker is not cheating.
    No, how MLB and the media are handling it is NOT ok.

16. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Admitting to the act and acknowledging that it helped them ‘steal’ the World Series are two different things. Yes, they did admit to using the trash cans. No, they didn’t say it helped them ‘steal’ the World Series. So please stop twisting it up and asking why aren’t we onboard with your outrageous claim that they stole the World Series. You do realize they are two different things, right. Someone please come get this clown.

17. msn

msn Member

This.

htwnbandit, RayRay10 and STR8Thugg like this.
  18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's not that he is "admitting the truth." He basically calling the entire thing a farce and the biggest heist of all time. He also implying we went rogue and acted alone.

He's also completely making up numbers and claiming the Stros netted 1.5B in value bc of 1 WS when that has no basis in reality.

everyday eddie and htwnbandit like this.
  19. msn

msn Member

To be fair, I don't read PSJ's posts as 'making up numbers". I don't agree at all with his interpretation of them (others have posted interpretations that seem more plausible to me), but the numbers aren't made up at all.

Also, guys calling him out for "not being a fan" or throwing around the word "troll" just need
    to stop. That kind of rubbish ad hominem adds nothing of value to this conversation.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

After the way MLB and the bull**** media has slammed us for something other teams likely do (Rosenthal in the very first tweet even said "part of a broader problem" which now has been completely forgotten), how it has ALREADY been found to have been done by the Yankees and Red Sox multiple times including when the Sox won the World Series in 2018, sign stealing, trying to get an edge and just cheating in general be it corked bats, steroids and what have you being as old as the game itself, it's like well who's ****ing side are you on lol the Giants in what was it like 1951 when they won the WS did a primitive version of what the Astros were doing in 2017.