1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

a week from now on FB as the person lays in a hospital bed...

“I went to the gym and several parties because I thought it was a hoax. I thought it was hype. No, this virus is real.”

RayRay10, DVauthrin and malakas like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The worst part is not the small fraction of hoax- denialist dipshits who end up dead..my sympathy well for those people is Atacama Desert level dry

..the worst part is the rest of them who undid all the hard work we sacrificed so much for in the spring, then went out and kept supercharging the spread which will not only kill hundreds of thousands but will ruin tens of millions of lives through economic collapse, kids not able to go to schools, people not able to work or pay rent.

All because a bunch of selfish ****ers believed what they heard on Hannity.

Thanks, dumbasses.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is there a link between what people hear on Hannity and the disproportionate numbers of covid cases among blacks and ethnic minorities?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/racial-ethnic-minorities.html

I'm guessing Hannity's audience is blacks and ethnic minorities? I don't know, I don't watch Hannity and I'm unfamiliar with what he tells people to do

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Ron DeSantis is the closest thing to Trump’s mini me among state governors, though Brian Kemp is a close second. He’s a disgusting excuse for a human being just like the idiot in chief.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My bias is basic understanding of the initial spread of the virus around the world and the US. I criticize the USA's reaction as a whole which 100% included NY. NY unlike Texas, got infected way earlier, they are also the hub from Europe to USA, they also are super dense and have a huge public transportation system, that being said NY F*CKED up by not taking better precautions, but at least they quarantined properly to END the exponential growth.

I harp on Abbott, Patrick, and Trump because their inaction is causing unnecessary mass death. Texas had months to prepare after seeing Italy/NY, we did nothing and now we will end up in the same boat. That is r****dation. We are watching other people around us get shot in the chest and we don't bother to run or put on a bulletproof vest.

Case counts aren't an absurd metric, that being said I've been using mainly death rates, which are turning for the worst in Texas. We are registering consistently 100+ deaths per day.

We registered 170+ deaths in Texas today

If you don't know, this is an absolute emergency. Peak Italy was 1k deaths per day amongst a population of 60 million. Texas is a population of 30 million. 500 deaths per day will be the equivalent of peak Italy. We are less then a growth rate of 3x away from being Italy and we aren't doing JACK **** about it. We are having exponential growth in cases AND deaths.

You will understand how your political will does not overcome math and science soon enough.

joshuaao, RayRay10, malakas and 4 others like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No he won't. As long as it's not him in a hospital he isn't bothered. He prefers to side with the incompetent leaders in charge.

RayRay10 and malakas like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

How did I spend my birthday today? In isolation for the 4th month, while seeing us mark another high in deaths in Texas. So depressing, but at least I am not spending it in a hospital fighting to survive like the thousands of others in the US. I'll take that as a good day. I am one of the lucky ones, but have done all I can to keep safe.

Ziggy, RayRay10, arkoe and 6 others like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You are not alone, my family has been isolating at a pretty extreme level for 5 months now, I have an immune deficiency, my wife was pregnant, and now we have a newborn, needless to say, I don't want to take any chances. It's incredibly disheartening to see all of our friends and family pretend like everything is normal, going out to restaurants, bars, pool parties, birthdays, weddings, not wearing mask, my wife and I are the only ones taking this serious between our two families.

Happy B-day though! Enjoy this video Roco stuffing everybody

Rashmon, RayRay10, arkoe and 4 others like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Thank you, and congrats on your new baby and doing all you can to keep your family safe.

RayRay10, malakas and DVauthrin like this.
  10. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

You back on nyc again? After I dressed down your nyc argument, the best you could muster was a "lol". Now you want to compare asian cities to nyc. Your intellectual dishonesty is breathtaking.

There is no city on the earth like nyc, asia or otherwise. NYC has a moving infection center circling the entire city 24/7. Again, find me any other city in the world that has a 24 hour subway system. On top of that, there are tons of nightlife neighborhoods through the city that stays open all night all within walking distances. The simple fact that last call in nyc is 4AM is a big deal.

And you know what else is different about asian cities and nyc. Its not a braveheart freedom moment when people are told to put on a mask or stay home. And these places also didn't have their president telling them it'll cleared up like magic from 15 cases to none either. An exception might have been the japanese prime minister who was criticized heavily for reacting slowly in the beginning. But again, there is a culture of binding social contracts by fellow citizens that does not exist in the states. The fact that states like arizona, florida are about to pass nyc infection rate 6 months in this pandemic is insanity. You also seem to think we are at the finish line of this race when citing numbers, this is just the beginning. Remember this is the part of the year when hot weather will just kill it off....

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Cuomo has sucked, Abbott has sucked, DeSantis has sucked. Now that we got that out of the way, how has Trump performed?

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Outlier

Outlier Member

It's fine to look at data from other countries (like Asia) but when they do a study in that country (like Spain), it's a big NO NO! Whatever fits your argument, right @bigtexxx ?

What? No real response again to these posts? You gonna cry again how everyone is a liberal echo chamber and then cry about NY? You're a terrible troll and likely crappy human in real life. I would love to meet you.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Happy Birthday deb4rockets and congrats on the baby ThatBoyNick!

I feel sorry for what you are still going through..4 months,5 months of isolation!!
    Thats not normal by all means.
    Noone else has had to be isolated for that long.
    Wuhan didnt. Italy didnt.
    Here our isolation lasted for 1,5 month.
    The others had 2 and the worst hit 3 months.

Sure it was much stricter, a proper lockdown.
    But isnt it better to just go through with it and return to almost normal life like most of Europe and Asia have done?
    How can you have strength and patience remain after all this for the second wave?
    I cant imagine how I would be with 5 months of isolation..probably commited in a mental institution.
    It is so sad that you have to go through such an extended pain and effort because of your leaders.
    And the worst is yet to come!
    My heart goes out to you.

RayRay10, deb4rockets and ThatBoyNick like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

If you met him chances are you would get infected with a deadly disease.
    I wouldnt go near him with a 10 foot pole.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Science don't gaf for deathbed confessions.

RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.