1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Harden has the rona

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

The problem is people get infected at different times. So it's challenging to be sure no one is still contagious.

As others have pointed out, the main risk for young healthy people is not death, but long-term side effects. For example, Rudy Gobert still hasn't regained his sense of smell. That could be permanent.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Co-vi has not been proven to directly attack the brain (it has not been found in brain fluid). Regarding the few patients with CNS complications ---Researchers believe the complications are indirectly triggered by an immune response from the patient's body, not from the co-vi itself.

Different people react in different ways to co-vi and it is possible that CNS effects will be negligible.

But to your point - for sure - this is not to be taken lightly - especially for the elderly/obese/diabetic/cancer patients etc.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Like jump, man.

JumpMan likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Other than the Slim Jimmy news, no interviews, no reporting....

No comments on Bubble, the virus, BLM and other topics.

Just Austin, MDA doing the speaking.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's actually a good thing he's isolating

saleem likes this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It is so irresponsible for people to wave this virus away at this point. We just don't know enough to confidently speak of the long term effects.

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

So when Harden doesn’t arrive to the bubble with the rest of the squad today we know why.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

Please stop the politics, I come here for hoops to get away from the garbage. If I wanted this I'd just open up Facebook.

DaDakota, Tfor3, BigMaloe and 25 others like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Have you heard anything on the league adjusting the luxury tax line for next year? I know that is something a number of owners have pushed

joshuaao, Deuce and pippendagimp like this.
  11. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Just feel really tired bro. Sorry took so long get back to you. I didnt lose taste or smell though, Its like the flu but longer. I felt drained for 3 weeks straight. Im still coughing still but i didnt test positive. I was in bed for 2 weeks straight and third week i finally moved around my house clean up here and there but still weak.

don grahamleone, malakas and Deckard like this.
  12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

do we know if he currently has corona of it he's gotten over it already?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly. been saying this for weeks. numerous threads in the GARM have just been absolutely derailed

Tfor3 and Deckard like this.
  14. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

I actually think he should step back

Tfor3, malakas, primtim24 and 4 others like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

if harden wasn't traveling today, it would have been known by now

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

just like any other time in harden's career. hes never been involved in this type of stuff ever but then people want to make the usual assumptions of why he wasn't doing this or that. Like i said before harden does him and keeps it moving whether you like it or not

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

It was just a gather step.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep, there is still a lot that is not known yet. What we do know is that it is not "just a flu." Those who perpetrate this myth should just shut up.

The kinds of corona virus that cause flu attack only the upper respiratory system. The three other known kinds, SARS, MERS, and COVID, on the other hand, infect deep in the lung and attack the immune system. These are known facts. That's why these coronaviruses have much higher hospitalization and mortality rates than the flu. But unlike SARS and MERS, COVID is contagious before the symptoms show. That's why it is so hard to contain without quick-result testing widely available, and especially without everybody cooperating.

That's why after I had been informed, I changed from saying, "Don't overreact!" to "Don't be stupid! Be responsible!"

fattz, malakas, Sweet Lou 4 2 and 3 others like this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

But but but if teams are providing separation how will Harden be fouled and be able to score. He will become a shitty role player now since no one will want to foul him. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, the new rule under social distancing guideline is that if you get within 6 ft of him, it's a foul. And Harden better watch out. Coughing while dribbling can be an offensive foul.

ElPigto likes this.