1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or if you don't want to wear a mask, don't go out.

Let everyone else who isn't busy fighting for the right to be inconsiderate and remove all traces of common decency while spreading a virus to others as the constitution expressly protects, take care of things.

Reeko, joshuaao, malakas and 2 others like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

...your mom never closed.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

When you find it let me know.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I would assume his ass is ensconced in Hawaii for the summer.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope. He's in Luck, TX. He's still doing his 4th of July BBQ but it will be online.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's an order, but a toothless one.

Even if they allow county judges to dole out fines, Dan Patrick will pay it for you!

deb4rockets, malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

We've had mandatory masks in Marble Falls for a week +/-, had to go to Tractor Supply today and there was 1 old fat guy...seemed nice, we chatted in line at a distance...who was maskless. I really, really, wanted to say something, but didn't want things to devolve into a scene.

What would you do?

I carry 2 or 3 extra brand-new surgical masks in my truck, I might offer the next person one and just see what happens.

Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Nice to have private jets and private ranches.

I'd forgotten about the 4th of July...is that happening soon?

Pretty sure the hottest day I've ever experienced was at one of his Luckenbach Picnics in the mid 90's. The temp was definitely not in the mid 90's, not even the late 90's. At some point I took a nap for an hour or so under one of the ice trailers, right where the freezer exhaust was blowing out. It was warm air, but it was still moving air and it was in the shade and it was way cooler than the outside temp.

RayRay10, Xerobull and deb4rockets like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

you know, perhaps the gov shouldn't think so much about "school" but "daycare to re-open the economy"... maybe that get some major focus from political leaders... and get them focused on answering some questions. It's amazing to me that we have millions of cases and we do not have, it seems, good set of data. If we just said break it down to 3 age groups corresponding to elementary, middle and high school - according to current set of data, what group transmit to adult and by how much? Which group gets infect and by how much? If they get infected, what's the outcome? I think we probably do have some data, but it still doesn't seem to answer some of these basic things that I would think would be super helpful for policy makers and ISDs....

In an era of large data, what a golden opportunity missed for these past few long months - standardization of "reporting" data from each state and each hospital would have been golden... i would think

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

covid parties for fame and fortune:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-s...-parties-infected-officials/story?id=71552514

excerpt:

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."

Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith told the City Council on Tuesday that he has confirmed the students' careless behavior.
    more at the link

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Couldn't they just volunteer for a paid clinical trial for the vaccine? Has to better than that shittily funded pot...

RayRay10, pirc1 and B-Bob like this.
  12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Well, it is Alabama, what did you expect.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A prize of Confederate flags

RayRay10, Buck Turgidson and pirc1 like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10, Nook, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The reason Abbott finally did what he should have done long ago? trump made a mild pro-mask comment, telling a lie while doing so, of course. That's all it took. How many Texans became sick, how many Texans were hospitalized, and how many Texans died because Abbott refused to do the right thing? Not until trump gave what Abbott saw as a green light to require Texans to wear the ****ing masks did Abbott finally act.

Abbott has done an absolutely pathetic job leading Texas during the pandemic crisis. There will be dissertations written by UT graduate students and others about his dysfunctional "job" as governor when this nightmare is finally over. They will have an enormous amount of material to work with.

What did Texas do to deserve such a terrible governor during the worst health crisis this state has seen in 100 years? What's compounds the impact of Abbott's terrible job handling it is having an even worse creature in the White House at the same time.

Sam Houston must be rolling over in his grave.

RayRay10, Lar, Xenon and 3 others like this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I would offer him a mask, as you suggested. Give him a chance to do the right thing first. If he won’t put it on, I would request to talk to the store manager. If you don’t get a satisfactory response from the store manager, I’d report the business to the appropriate agency in your county for not having its customers follow the order.

RayRay10, Buck Turgidson and Deckard like this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I completely agree with everything you said. Abbott’s pandemic leadership has been pathetic and, when it’s time for his reelection in 2022, I hope Texans let him know what they think of him prioritizing the economy over human life by electing the Democratic candidate in a landslide. I also hope the same fate awaits Dan Patrick, Ken Paxton, John Cornyn and Ted Cruz. Republican officials in this state need to be taught a lesson and wander in the wilderness politically until they have the balls to reform their party.

RayRay10, Lar, Buck Turgidson and 2 others like this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that POS basically paid money so people can get sick

RayRay10, Nook and deb4rockets like this.