1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

you certain that the coronavirus was mostly contained to China.

Your thoughts about the coronavirus have no credibility

No Worries and joshuaao like this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

at the time I wasn’t aware of the magnitude of China’s lies.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Certainly didn't help that even after China travel was "banned" another 40,000 citizens were allowed back with little to no quarantining and/or screening.

Of course citizens needed to be allowed back, but the lack of quarantine, scanning and follow up was ludicrously negligent.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

"And this is their new hoax."

"We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China."

"We pretty much shut it down coming in from China. It’s going to be fine."

"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA."

"You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."

"Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April."

"It’s going to go away, hopefully at the end of the month. And, if not, hopefully it will be soon after that."

"We’re going very substantially down, not up."

"One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear."

"It is going to go away. It is going away. I said it’s going away, and it is going away."

"It did go — it will go away."

"I think what happens is it’s going to go away. This is going to go away."

"Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. And the tests are beautiful."

"It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

"I don't take responsibility at all."

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

(Pence) "I think, honestly, if you look at the trends today, I think by Memorial Day weekend we will largely have this coronavirus epidemic behind us."

"If we stopped testing right now, we'd have very few cases, if any."

"It's dying out."

"It's fading away. It's going to fade away."

"When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people. You’re going to find more cases. So I said to my people, 'Slow the testing down, please!'"

AroundTheWorld, Nook, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yet other people like myself had the intelligence to assess the risks given the information at hand, and made the correct conclusion that the virus was something to be very worried about.

Let this be a lesson to leave it to more intelligent people to tell you what you should be worried about.

Nook, Andre0087, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is so much wrong with this tweet. The disturbing way Trump paints the picture over and over is just plain wrong.

The US ranks 9th in the world in deaths per million.

The US ranks 12th in the world in Coronavirus cases.

The US ranks 26th in the world in testing per million.

2,356,802 cases, 122,250 deaths and counting.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yeap. If most of Asian and Europe can hold or contain the virus to a min cases without major spread over the next few months, I see them resuming travel with less restriction. Meanwhile, other countries will still be blocked or severely restricted. The US, Brazil and any countries without a solid handle will be left behind.

What would that do to our economy? Instead of solving the virus issue, the POTUS is too busy selling bs about testing and complaining about unfair treatments.

Repeating myself here again...

He has bet on it just vanishing, on a miracle treatment, on the summer heat and on a vaccine by the end of the year. So far everything flop. Maybe we get lucky with a vaccine but this is just no freaking way to run a business, never mind a country. The severity of the initial impact and now the longevity of it is all on the refusing to prep and continuing refusal to do the hard and smart things.

deb4rockets, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, now they want us to believe that Trump was joking around when he said he told his people to “slow down the testing”. Okay, so let’s pretend for a moment that he was joking. WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT JOKES ABOUT A THING LIKE THAT?

More than 120,000 have died in this country. That is not a joking matter.

This pandemic is a very serious illness killing thousands of people every week. We don’t need a comedian in the White House.

But, I think we all know he wasn’t joking.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I guess trump thinks the COVID-19 pandemic is over...

deb4rockets, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

He’s looking for an excuse for November

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

The USA is currently ninth (out of 215) in COVID-19 deaths (369) per 1 million. The global number is 60.5 per 1 million. There were 267 deaths yesterday, which put the USA 4th in the world with new deaths, behind only Brazil, India and Mexico.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/12-states-set-record-highs-covid-19-cases/story?id=71374520

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He's sitting on 14B for coronavirus testing and contact tracing since April. Does the WH want to call that a joke also?

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. dmoneybangbang

Trump should have been.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Everyday is opposite day for Kudlow.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

In other words, yes, he wants to slow down testing...

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

From Jan 2019

https://dealbreaker.com/2018/12/lar...s-the-only-safe-market-indicator-we-have-left

Larry Kudlow Being Totally Wrong All The Time Is The Only Safe Market Indicator We Have Left

After being wrong about just how much cocaine one can do and stay employed at mid-90s Bear Stearns, being wrong about the effect of the Clinton-era tax increases, consciously deciding to spend time with Jim Cramer on a daily basis, being wrong about the 2008 recession, and then being even more wrong about Trump turning into a free-trader, Larry Kudlow has also spent much of his most recent White House gig being consistently wrong about almost everything that comes out of his mouth in a public setting.

In fact, when you look at the increased consistency and speed at which Kuddles has been proven wrong since he joined up with the Trump Administration earlier this year, it's hard to fathom that this whole thing isn't a setup.

(More at the above link)

Rashmon, Nook and J.R. like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

My God........ it is like Trump has himself in the middle of a tornado and cannot get out.

He cannot comprehend how to handle the BLM or COVID19.

He doesn't do nothing... which would be criticized to a point, but he instead consistently says and does the exact opposite of what he should.

So now he is standing firm on having slowed down the testing because it makes him look bad?

joshuaao, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This is criminal.

deb4rockets, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.