1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston: Dude attacked at gas station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jun 17, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

bobrek likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Does this count?

https://tucson.com/news/local/black...cle_59458abd-2ac1-52d9-9baa-575db581ca65.html

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I don't feel the need to 'fukk' with anyone and unsurprisingly no one has 'fukked' with me, but strange things happen so it is important to be aware of your situation and only take part in conflict on your own terms if at all possible.

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Nook likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To an extent. I've been getting by in Martial Arts using treachery and guile but there's only so much the body can take especially when your body can't do the same moves with the speed, strength or flexibility you once could.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Do you agree with me that there are segments of the population out there that will not behave like most law abiding citizens, and you have the rights to defend yourself and your loved ones? This argument is simple, I’m not asking anyone to solve all of our problems plus world peace. I’m just asking a basic question in that can an ordinary citizen defend himself against those thugs using his 2nd amendment?

7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

And they proved what tough guys they are by first sucker punching a dude with groceries in both hands, and then hitting and kicking him while he was down.

I don't really care what the guy said, any group that attacks one guy deserves to do time. You don't kick somebody in the head either.

8. conquistador#11

If I told you 311 and 456 homicides took place in these 2 cities
    which one is Houston and which one is NYC?

Crazy when the Rockets won their first championship NYC had 2,420 murders, duns.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. generalthade_03

That’s why you don’t engage unless you absolutely had no choice. Let’s your open carry silently speaks for you.

10. bobrek

I was getting there... :)

T_Man likes this.
  11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Agreed that in this situation, carrying a weapon would have been way worse for him. I just don't think it was a gang thing, but not like it matters either way. Hope those jackasses get caught soon.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hopefully those clear pictures of some of the attackers will lead to their arrests, appropriate charges and prison sentences.

King1, VooDooPope, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.
  13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

14. bobrek

I can post more.

It is reprehensible regardless of race. Hopefully these 3 criminals are apprehended and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

DVauthrin, AleksandarN, T_Man and 2 others like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I believe that the vast majority of people will behave like law abiding citizens when the underlying causes of crime are addressed. I have lived in countries without a lot of violent crime. However, I also currently live in a country that have very lax gun laws, and has 400,000,000 guns so I own a number of firearms as a consequence.

If you are asking me if the victim should have shot the guys that attacked him? No, I do not think so. I also do not believe arming everyone is a solution.

Do I believe someone has to the right to use a firearm against a home invader or rapist, etc? Yes in the USA, at this time I do.

DVauthrin, AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You beat me too it....

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. generalthade_03

Rudy Guliani sure did a fine job cleaning up that homicide records. Houston under Kathy Whitmire was freaking horrible,homicides went through the roof.

18. conquistador#11

Not really they were still in the 1000s + with Rudy. Well take that back 50% drop is great.
    what led to it? for NEWYORKER the poster or anyone that lived there?

19. generalthade_03

I agree with you on your last point. The other two I have a problem with. The first one, I believe thugs will always be thugging no matter how much resources you spend to fix the problem, it is a moral problem and not economics, plenty of poor people don’t steal, rob and kill.
    The second is you never know the outcome of that beat down, they could have killed or disabled him permanently(brain damage). I’d rather go out swinging or shooting than giving my life over to these thugs, and I’d rather be judge by 12 than to be carried by 6.

20. generalthade_03

Stop and frisk, plus more officers especially in those areas that are heavily crime infested. Imagine that