1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Variety] Westbrook to produce docuseries about 1921 Tulsa race massacre

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yep, see my comment to Reeko. Not a damn word. There were plenty tragedies and brutalities that weren’t mentioned. Sad

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

u hear about events like this massacre and tragedies like the Red Summer of 1919 and it’s just like, wow, there’s so many really fcked up things that just don’t even get mentioned in school

back then for African Americans to overcome everything and become so successful that they’ve created a place known as Black Wall Street...an opportunity to create wealth that can be passed down to future generations, and it all gets destroyed by racists...parents and children killed, children orphaned...homes, businesses and livelihoods destroyed

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Everytime you think Westbrook turns a corner on leadership, next move is a distraction.

I knew Westbrook would come from left field with something un-related to ball. Durant is still winning!

4. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Look at you, You can repeat the same BS lies the media and other idiots feed you. Sheep. You have zero clue what you are talking about. First things first Obama was the biggest failure of a president in history. This country got bad under his presidency. Funny because these same polls you believe saying he has a high disapproval are from the same idiots who didnt think he would win and here we are. The Democrats been crying and making up lies to get him out since and In November you guys going be crying again for another 4 years and You seriously cant blame him for this health issue. You know its China we all know its China. An economic depression? Cant blame him for that either. That again was the China virus and these Democrats over doing lockdowns. When proof has shown that was more damaging then the actual virus. But Trump is the right man to bring this country back. He gave is a great booming economy before the virus and will bring our economy back again. It's already on the way back. You guys just have so blind with so much TDS that you cant see anything for yourself you just repeat the same stuff the media feeds you. I actually feel sorry for you guys to be so naive.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sorry for your country, you can only vote 2 big parties who **** block each other permanently.

The race problem will always stay.

And 1 commander in chief who either takes the fall or is the hero.

That's some monotonous BS disguised as the best democracy in the world.

7. TilmanFinancialWindfall

And da South shall raise again, Scarlett and Rhett

We're all about winning

They are good people

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Who gets up at 5:24 in the morning just to prime us for that day's version of Fox News? This is some dedication.

Patience, topfive and FrontRunner like this.
  9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i've always liked history and had never heard of this until Watchmen. and even then i wasn't completely sure it wasn't just part of the show's alternate history. pretty unbelievable to not be taught about it. shows you how racism wasn't just a passive system of "you're not allowed to do that" but an active system of "oh, you managed to do that, well we're going to destroy it".

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that side-eye video is worth at least half a championship on harden's resume.

BigShasta, SamFisher and Deckard like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Was starting to,,,, truth.

DD

topfive likes this.
  12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Trump supporters are dedicated! Probably because they aren't employed so more free time

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Wow...just wow. This site has gotten out of control. This democrat/liberal echo chamber has gotten out of control. You guys have fun thinking ya'll are the end all be all in this country. 2016 went so well...I can't imagine 2020 going any different and ya'll still won't understand why....

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

15. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Look at you, You can repeat the same BS lies the Trump and other idiots feed you. Sheep.

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Westbrook needs to save the documentaries for retirement.

Jordan brand has suffered under Westbrook. Paul George and Durant had separate themselves from any and all clout chasers including Westbrook.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

stfu u mentally handicapped clown

King1, Rocks92, SamFisher and 3 others like this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

I never heard of it either, and I like history too. I'm not a buff, but I like it. My first exposure was the Watchmen.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's one history book that talks about all the heinous **** that's been glossed over in school textbooks:

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

What about D-Day and Normandy when the commanders Eisenhower and eventually Truman battled to free the polish, the English who were under siege, and the french.!?!?

#80 smoothie_king, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020