1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Military members and families vote for Trump?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rileydog, Jun 7, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

The more this guy talks the more he is getting exposed for what he really is.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Still here for some more ass kicking little b****? You are one creepy little turd. You’re getting off following me around?

3. generalthade_03

This is the prime example of your rage that is making you blind to logic and that’s why Mr Trump will never ever get a fair shake from you guys even though I don’t expect any. Where in the hell did I say that black people should be voting for Trump when they walked away? The purpose for the walkaway movement is finally black people will be free from that horrific, corrupt party that’s been holding black people hostage for decades. Once they’re free again, they can vote for whomever they liked. If they like Trump they can vote for him and if they don’t like him, they don’t have to vote for him either. You’re the one who thinks so little of black people that according to you they don’t have even the brain power to choose for themselves. That’s kind of racist if you’d asked me, and I know liberals are full of racist aholes but for some reasons they have managed to fool lots of people, and most of all black people into thinking that just because they are liberal Democrat, they can’t be racist.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol. Wut? The Purpose of the walkaway movement is the 15th amendment?

Black people are free to vote for whomever they like right now. Today.

But hey, it's not the DNC closing down polling stations or purging voting rolls conveniently before elections to make voting as inconvenient as possible.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

So why do I have to keep asking you the same question? Why do black people keep voting for Democrats and expect different results? So basically what you’re telling me is black people have no brains and they have to be told what to do politically?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This was explained to you over and over and over again. You simply ignore it. I've answered this plenty of times. You just ignore it.

To summarize: Because the Democrats provide a platform for them, the GOP doesn't. Because the Democrats try, the GOP doesn't. Again, it's not the DNC purging black people off voting rolls. It's not the DNC closing polling locations and drawing odd maps to make sure black people have less of a voice when it comes to voting.

That's what you're saying.

I'm saying black people have been making their decision since they've had the right to do so and the majority of them have chosen Democrat. Since your mind is shallow you leap to "Well obviously no one could dislike King Trump, so it must be trickery!" but the rational person looks at context and history and can easily see why the majority of black people vote democrat.

Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Whee! Let’s ride this merry-go round!

OK. So, you are stopping just short of saying black people should vote for trump. I got it.

You’re saying black people should be free of that horrific corrupt Democratic Party, and they can vote for whomever they want. I got that too.

So it’s a two party system. If they don’t vote Democrat, they should ... what? Help me out here, because we seem to be stuck on this little merry go round???

Or is your point just that black people should not just reflexively hit the button for Democrat. They should carefully and purposefully think about it, consider the existential threat to that Trump represents to black people and minorities because he thinks there are “fine people on both sides” and is passionately embraced and supported by racist white nationalist and KKK members, and then and only then make the really tough call on who to vote for.

If the latter is your point, it remains hilarious. Of all issues, black vote for trump is not the hill you want to die on.

(I have zero rage. I think this is kind of fun discussion.)

#167 Rileydog, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

generalthade is president garrison...

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I usually cringe when people are going back and forth with clear trolls but good job showing how much of a troll and idiot The General is people.

It's actually sad how much people need any kind of attention.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Rileydog

some of it is annoying. But I really do get a good chuckle out of the black people for Trump movement that the General seems to want to promote.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. generalthade_03

Now you’re starting to be a little more reasonable, it’s hard to have fun when you’re being obtuse. I am clearly not happy about the two party rigged system that we have, change it to one and call it establishment and we’re done. That is precisely about my point with black people voting Democratic. If it is a rigged party that does nothing for your people for decades, why continue to vote for them? It is madness. As far as alternatives, I agree with you that it’s slim pickings because the people don’t have too many choices. That’s why you must demand more from the turds that you put into office(local and national), kick them out if they suck and do it again. And the existential threat you said Orange man pose to black people and minorities are not only laughable but it’s mythical. That bullshiet about Trump is racist is a creation of the Dems executed by the fake news media. Before Trump ran for office, long ago he was a Democrat, people of all stripes and colors loved Trump. Black people of notes loved the Donald, don’t believe me, there are loads of videos and pictures out there, Trump has been a public figure going back to the 70s, I know because I heard his name frequently growing up. What changed? The moment the Donald decided to take on the establishment on both sides that what changed. Do you think the Dems and the Republicans are going to sit there and take it? What you’re seeing is an coordinated attack on Trump. You’re a smart guy, don’t fall for it. If you’re talking about real racists like George Wallace, Robert Byrd, and hell even LBJ( he said this “ we’re gonna have the N....vote for the next 100 years), I can understand and agree with you, but when it comes to Trump, you know it’s a farce just like the Russia hoax and a boatload of craps his enemies are throwing at him. Do you think taking on the establishments is easy? Just ask uncle Bernie?

#171 generalthade_03, Jun 9, 2020
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That guy answered honestly and thoughtfully. You criticized as if you're gonna change him instead of appreciating his honesty

Yet you would be the one to b**** about us not being able to communicate across political lines.

Good Lord

generalthade_03 likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This thread started out so well but the CF.net liberal pile on is an untamable phenomenon

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You have a guy denying facts and saying that black people that vote democrat aren't making decisions of their own free will...and this is your take?

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Well now you know what you're dealing with. Just move on. You're not changing his vote opinion or whatever

16. Rileydog

Ok, so we went from Black people should vote for Trump because he helps them get jobs, to Black people should vote for trump because he does that and he isn't the boogey man people make him out to be. He has been demonized because he has been brave and taken on the "establishment", right? He's not that demon.

If you're up to it:

- want to explain away the "fine people on both sides" issue? Do you agree with that statement in that context?

- Also, how would you address the overwhelming broad support of Trumpy by racists across this country, and the citation of Trump rhetoric as inspiration for domestic terror?

- How do you suggest rational, intelligent black people process that information, and come to the conclusion to vote for Trump anyway?

Lastly, what's the barometer for whether you're right? If we both agree that the black community at large is capable of independent thought and careful deliberation, which it seems we do, what's the best test? A great experiment might be the actual election, the formal crowdsourcing of your theory that the black community should spurn the evil Democratic party and give Trump a try.

Be warned tho. I don't think those numbers will be good.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Rileydog

Hey, I don't think we've debated before. Hi.

I don't know if the General answered honestly. but I even though I think he is a caricature, I'm responding honestly, as if his posts honestly reflected his views. So I'm ok with that idea that he answered honestly.

He responded thoughtfully? I have to say, that's where I struggle. Do you also think black people should be voting for trumpy?

I'm not trying to change anyone. If I've learned anything, Trump supporters aren't exactly interested in changing. I'd be good with them opening up the possibility of listening to somewhat understand other perspectives, even if vehemently disagreeing. I think I understand the Trumpy camp pretty well. Then again, I hadn't heard much by way of Black people should be pro trump, so I learned something there. It's creative if nothing else.

Ultimately, this is pure mild form of entertainment. If its not fun, well it's not worth doing. I don't recall complaining about not being able to communicate across political lines. I mean, that's kind of what we're doing right now, isn't it? The general likes trump and thinks God has a plan for him. I'm forlorn moderate hoping for better times. We're communicating in lurches and fits, when the general is less mad. And that's ok too.

I did ask whether there is anything that old trumpy could do to make the general turn away. Remember, the whole point of this thread was military leaders turning their backs on Trump and what military people like the old General Thade here think about it. I think his response was something like, I'll tell you when it happens, or something that insightful. Ok. I figured it was a hard question and moved on.

And lastly, I promise last thought - I do think trump supporters have to live with confirmation bias. In fact, it's somewhat necessary, wouldn't you agree? Otherwise, how the heck are you, as a rational intelligent person, supposed to deal with all the dumb things that Trump says and tweets? Colorox, UV lights, geriatric white men being Antifa members (from today). It's kind of tough to be a Trump supporter some days.

#177 Rileydog, Jun 9, 2020
    RayRay10 and JayGoogle like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People seem to be confused about how this place works. He posts something, I can respond.

If this is your stance then why do you post anything ever in this forum?

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Rileydog

I think Peter Gabriel feels that The General is outnumbered and fighting too many contrary views, like it's a gang up. Peter is exhibiting sympathy for the General's plight. I kind of get that.

Then again, he is The General and all and served in the military, so at the risk of generalizing (cmon, that was a good one), he might be pretty tough, so maybe he is doing ok ... like the Shao lin monks fighting off the Manchu soldiers in saturday morning kung fu movies.

(Man, this is the second time I'm using that reference and I'm going to be really sad if nobody gets it).

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What I feel is that this thread was just poll and now he is ambushed