1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you? JK Rowling (Harry Potter Author)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 8, 2020.

?

Would you? JK Rowling (Harry Potter Author)

1. Yes. I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed.

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No. It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. You’re a wizard, Harry!

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pros: Attractive in a classy lady way, insanely rich, intelligent, sense of humor, had some work done
    Cons: Bigot (hinted at anti-trans), insanely rich, intelligent, on the wrong side of 40, ginger, had some work done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

indeed.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If Oprah is a would, then JK is definitely a would.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Like groceries.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Bigot? Y'all do like to keep moving that goal post, don't ya?

7. Xerobull

It's subtle, but if a million people are offended, it's bigotry. Gender identity is real. It's 2020.

https://www.thecut.com/2020/06/j-k-rowling-accused-of-transphobia-over-twitter-commentary.html

'Older' generations have a lot casual racism and bigotry, much of it just based on the way they were raised and how it was their cultural norm. They don't see it any differently until someone sits down and explains it to them.

FrontRunner, Nook and Yung-T like this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I swear this entire time I thought JK was a fella.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Gender identity isn't "real." It is literally a person who isn't happy with how they look. I feel the same way about too much plastic surgery or people who turn into a lizard. It is absolutely inappropriate and should be shamed like the latter two are.

Jontro likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe take 5min to look at the science instead of spouting completely wrong and ignorant bs.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Alright, @Roscoe Arbuckle . I still love you. Let's keep this thread on track: banging old rich ladies.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Nothing ignorant about it. Butchering your body for your own self-esteem has never been looked at kindly. Maybe you should look at history.

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

with respect, offense taken is not evidence of bigotry.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Well, now this is completely ignorant.

And the answer is "yes", @Xerobull

Nook likes this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

sigh. No, it isn't.

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fatty is consistent. Climate change isn't real, Covid 19 isnt real, Gender Identity Disorder isnt real. He hasn't changed opinion on anything since 1995 because that would involve admitting to himself that he doesnt know everything already.

Ms. Rowling just had a little incident where she totally triggered all the bitcoin fanatics, basically telling them all she didnt understand bitcoin, asking them to explain it and once they all put in a whole bunch of effort, telling them all she didn't care. I kind of wonder if she's intentionally trolling people at this point.

#16 Ottomaton, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I'll take one for the team

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

daywalker02 and Yung-T like this.
  18. Roscoe Arbuckle

Covid is real. The pandemic is the farce.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pass on granny.

JumpMan, Xerobull and J.R. like this.
  20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I may be wrong, but isn't it like this:

There are two biological sexes based upon your genetic code. (yes, there can be some mix and match based on genetic anomalies, but this is generally the case).

There are now recognized genders beyond male and female. This is attributed to gender identity disorder, a psychological disorder where your'e psychological make up doesn't match your biologic sex. This is a physiological anomaly that we, as a society, have for the most part accepted as something we can work around and give freedom to express. It is still incredibly rare as it only affects something like 0.5-0.7% of the population in some form and it is still at different "scale" as in: in some cases your brain function does not match your biological sex...you're brain is "wired" to be the opposite to cases where people can actually accept different roles because they basically don't give an F.

Depending on where a trans person is on the sliding scale can greatly affect how they choose to express their identity. From cross dressing, to physically altering their body. Additionally, there is some evidence that gender identity disorder can shift over time, so that some people that identified one way in part of their life can change to identify another way. This is why the choice to physically alter your body is such an important decision that should come with all facts known (many cases of regret one way or the other, both changing and not).

Is that it?

I think a lot of discussion has to do with the fact that we often confuse the difference, and the fact that if you just leave people alone, it won't matter how they live their lives...both ways.

Back to original question if i was unmarried and single...would I get with the Billionaire Cougar? Probably.