1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Systemic Racism and Implicit Bias Affects African Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 4, 2020.

1. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Excellent post in a most depressing thread, and of course, some victims and race hustlers in here are throwing shade at you immediately.
    When you’re talking about racism and racial inequality for blacks, you will never ever have an honest dialogue because of one indisputable facts: politics.
    You did an excellent job covering most issues and I just want to add one more. I know for sure if black people would do this one simple move, the outcome of their future will be completely different than their current one. #WalkAway, if black people would simply walk away from this horrible Democrat Party, the future of black people will be bright and prosperous. I’m not saying walk away just to go vote for the Republicans. I’m saying your vote is precious, get rid of that mentality “vote blue no matter who”, vote for the best person that helps your community regardless of race, greed, gender, party affiliations. The Dems love to play identity politics because they know it’s a winning formula, and they take the black vote for granted and only come around during election times to pander, then disappear after they’ve won and back to business as usual for that community. If you demand more from your politicians and look around every ghetto in America that are run by these blood sucking Dems, you should be mad and should throw everyone of them out of the office. Start with that first and we will see some serious changes. If not, in 30 more years, we’ll have the same conversation on riots, racism, racial inequality again.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm definitely trying.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Sure systemic racism is an issue, but 3 pages in and we're no one's brought up the biggest reason(Supermac touched on it)...maybe one that may lead to all the others? Just put in Naacp president-absence of fathers in google and there's quite a few articles...I just took quotes from them.

What is the biggest domestic problem facing this country? It’s no secret and many both on the left and the right will agree – It’s the breakdown of the family, i.e. fatherlessness.

These are not my words; they’re President Obama’s.

"A kid (white or black) raised without a dad is five times more likely to be poor, five times more likely to commit crimes, nine times more likely to drop out of school, and twenty times more likely to be incarcerated."

Congressman Kweisi Mfume – a Democratic Congressman from Maryland, former head of the Congressional Black Caucus and the former president of the NAACP – was once asked, “Between the presence of white racism and the absence of black fathers, which poses the greatest threat to the black community?”

Without missing a beat, he said, “The absence of black fathers.”

65% of black household were single parent in 2018. White households were 24%.

"Social scientists have long espoused the benefits for children who live in two-parent homes, including economic, educational, health and other advantages."

I've seen different things about welfare higher for moms that are single that are a big cause of this which I suppose makes sense but is hard to believe it would be so wide spread to all of these single families (There's no way 65% of single black moms are on welfare)...if anyone else has something more solid for the reason for this huge difference I'd love to hear it.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Medicaid can only do so much for kids whose mammas can't cook and don't know how to eat healthy

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What you presented was a symptom, not the root problem. Single parent households in poor black communties is a symptom. You still are missing the root cause.

People who b**** about welfare as some magical reason for the modern plight of urban black culture have no iota of knowledge about childhood development and how important it is to the future success of an individual.

Nook likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Eating healthily costs a lot more than eating unhealthily. Also eating healthily on a budget takes way more effort and time which may not always be available to impoverished people and families.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

Yup the more closer to raw ingredients you get, the more healthier your meal is. Unfortunately the more closer to raw ingredients you cook, the more time it takes.

Poor parents have less time than well off parents. Well off parents can afford a stay at home parent cooking full time while rearing children.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A myth. A bag of frozen broccoli or peas and carrots is $.84 for 12 oz. At Walmart

11. fchowd0311

It's not a myth that eating healthy takes more time. Making a meal out of fresh raw ingredients takes more time than prepackaged ready to eat meals and fast-food.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Go back and read full post and tell me I'm wrong

Chicken and green vegetables is cheaper than Mickey D's

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The issue with this thought is we quickly spiral down into religious ideology. I think its better to reflect as 'more than 1 supporting adult in the household' than the absence of a father. The classical nuclear family is quickly eroding and this does pose a problem if children and adults do not find other means of support from family and community.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Which takes more time to cook? Also there is a balance that needs to be made to convince children. You can't feed just chicken breast and broccoli without some seasoning and other flavors or you will never get children to consistently eat them.

Children aren't as disploned as adults. When I want to lean out, sure I can tolerate eating nothing but chicken breast and greens for a month but very few people have that type of discipline especially children.

So if you want to cook healthy meals with kids, you have to find a fine balance between healthy and tasty and poor parents just have less time for that.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It takes an hour and a half to season and bake chicken
    I can go cheaper on the meat. I listed a pot of spaghetti in this same argument and some complainer said it's not healthy. Its healthier than McDonald's.

Being poor limits options. Can't change that but I've disproved it limits healthy eating in the last three posts. Stop fighting

16. Severe Rockets Fan

How are fathers not staying with their children's mothers a symptom? This seems to be the cause of all the other issues. Please explain.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's not really "healthy healthy" man.

I'm not sure what Martha Stewart episode you got that from, but maybe help some literally poor souls out by posting a link?

18. Severe Rockets Fan

You tube has a ton of '1 week meal prep for family of 4 for $100'....I think most, if not every person can afford $25/week per person for food. Man, ya'll need to get out more LOL. (and by out, i mean, in your home looking on the internet :D)

#58 Severe Rockets Fan, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    pgabriel likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

So you think it's genetically engineered in a adult black male's genetics to be more prone to not being their for their kid?

Nook likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Canned or frozen generally leech out all the remaining nutrients in the packaging and sterilization process. It's still healthier than processed foods because of the fiber and how our body metabolizes it but not the same as buying from the produce section.

Even buying from produce has it's own landmines regarding pesticides and soil quality.

Cheap healthy != Yuppy Healthy

I'm sure that living is detestable from the pov of both sides of the class divide, but that's the issue... that it shouldn't be a class issue

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.