1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Houston police chief Art Acevedo responds to President Trump telling governors to "dominate" protest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo responds to Mr trump "lecturing" the nation's governors. It's an interview that must be seen to be appreciated. The interview is very short and will show everyone why Austin still misses Chief Acevedo. It is very definitely worth it's own thread. Watch it and see why.

FrontRunner, B-Bob, Nook and 11 others like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Great!!

Rocket River

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  3. edwardc

edwardc Member

It’s about time someone told the WPE to shut the hell up.

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

These are the people we need in government. Not casting blame for failure.

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I would say the same for him. Ask the Tuttles or just recently Nicolas Chavez who was shot on his knees. The report initially said after he came at police officers then he was shot and then the citizen's video came out. Then they back tracked.

Newlin, Andre0087, Astrodome and 3 others like this.
  6. nickb492

And then you have this. With the dirty cop that had two innocent people killed and officers injured due to his lies. Still both the Chief and the Union president have not apologized to the officers that were injured, or the family of the Tuttles. And for Mr. Chavez, there was the same old bs. We are going to take a good hard look at the video. Art uses the media to his benefit but is an opportunist because he is eyeing a political career after Turner's term.

[​IMG]

7. nickb492

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, ask Art about the 6 police-involved shootings alone in the last month and why he won't release the videos.

https://abc13.com/officer-involved-shootings-police-suspects-killed-by-officers-deadly/6210606/
    https://www.click2houston.com/featu...-string-of-deadly-officer-involved-shootings/

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...f-Art-Acevedo-stands-by-indicted-14070967.php

Nice try Arturo.

9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I posted earlier about this reject partisan hack from Austin and my post got deleted. Hell, even deep blue Austin don’t want him and sent him packing to HTown. I met the guy in person too, he is one slime ball. You’re right about all the damn shootings under his watch.

J.R. likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

who to believe,

?
    what an easy choice ! i side w the Austinite

Deckard likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you disagree with what Chief Acevedo said about trump? I think he said what needed to be said about the damn lunatic, and I certainly agree with him.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

He is a Republican and has been one his whole life.

RayRay10, AleksandarN and Deckard like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As usual, attempt to find some way to attack the messenger, and Chief Acevedo sent the message loud and clear. trump needs to shut up. He's either trying to create violence or is completely insane. Personally, I think he's both.

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  14. nickb492

I disagree with him using his title to platform his own political agenda under the guise of civil liberties when under his own police force has had multiple questionable shootings. The worst one that the city will pay millions for was the no knock raid. He has never apologized to the family that his officers killed in their own home. I just don't believe he should be throwing insults to a president when he has not been transparent of his own department to the public.

15. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

He shouldn't have a job after his officers lied on a warrant and ran a home invasion killing people in their house. Change of leadership is needed.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Austin can have him back. Better yet, ship him to california.

17. Fantasma Negro

You beat me to it

18. Nook

Nook Member

I always hear this from some people and it makes no sense to me because California is likely the most desirable state to live in inside the USA.

It would make more sense to reference a state that is less desirable.

Either way I am not sure Art would do so well in California because he is a republican.

ThatBoyNick, R0ckets03 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have friends in New England who think living in "Taxachusetts" is some form of punishment when in reality it's probably one of the best states to raise a family in the union due to its top ranked k-12 education and ample high skilled job opportunities.

Nook likes this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I shouldve said "back to cali". He claims to be a republican in name only. There is nothing wrong with that. Here is a recent interview.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politi...referrer=https://www.google.com&_tf=From %1$s

I am not a fan.

Nook likes this.