1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Tilman will be on CNBC in 1 hour. Prepare for greatness!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TilmanFinancialWindfall, May 18, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Another two faced shitbag like his twin buddy.

He mentioned "saving ppp for smaller restaurants" when his lobbying group snuck in the loophole for big franchises to jump in that money and cut in the line in the first place!

Big ****ing saint. "Play it fair" when you double dip for round two.

The fact that he couldn't give a straight answer for Murray means he's safe because he couldn't decide whether to talk out of his ass or blow up hot air.

It's up to Murray here.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I wish Michael Dell was more aggressive with his bid

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Damn, really sucks this SOB really had to purchase the Rockets.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Wait what, he is friends with Trump?!!! ****ing hell, of course he is.

5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Birds of a feather...

6. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tilman coming up on CNBC in 2 minutes!!! Probably just more crap from his mouth

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Not at all what he said.

amaru likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is this like yesterday where they said "Coming up next" and it was 4 hours later? ;)

Edit: "1:30"

#48 J.R., May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  9. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Yup! Tilman is a busy man! I guess he'll really be on this hour, unless he's too busy talking to his twin and best buddy in the White house.

They replaced Tilman with the CEO of Popeye's chicken yesterday because Mr Tilman was too busy hanging out with his best buddy

J.R. likes this.
  10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tilman:
    "White House is so Smart"

"It's unfair my employee can't go back to work because I 'm not getting money as a big employer"

"Other Billionaire and Millionaire are silent partners in small business and restaurants and they are getting PPP money. Why shouldn't I get money? It's unfair"

CNBC then said, "But you just got $300 millions in credit that other small business don't have access to."

Tilman: "But it's unfair that I don't get government access"

CNBC: "Do you regards being highly leveraged and living on debt?"

Tilman: "I have no regards and I love having partners and have been successful"

"I look forward to the NBA season and the Rockets being NBA champion"

Also of course threw in the name of Trump because they are best buddy and friends. He wants everyone to know he's Trump's twins

J.R. likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

So you reopened 240 of 600. Earlier this year you had to lay off 40,000-45,000 employees. How many have you brought back?

We've brought back right now about 15,000 and it's interesting looking at the data y'all just showed on TV. When you go to full service restaurants, which like I operate, we're still operating with the 240 that are open at close to -60%. It's great to be open. It's great to bring some employees back to work but we're far from profitable. Right now we're just churning dollars, hoping it gets better. It seems to be tweaking up a little bit every week so far but we got a whole long way to go before we can bring all employees back & become a profitable business.

So you're operating at a loss of -60% because I assume in the open locations you're social distancing and lots of crowd control. Tell me what it's like in those locations.

Right. It's not just social distancing. Believe it or not, that hasn't been as big an issue. 15%-20% of America is unemployed, 15%-20% is scared of losing their job or holding onto their money and 15%-20% are just damn scared of going out in public yet. Believe it or not, opening up at 25% and now we're going to 50% in Texas this Friday, I don't think it'll have a huge impact on business. My operators are telling me we're really not turning away the business at this point, it's just the business isn't there.

You met at the White House with the President & Secretary Mnuchin. One of the topics on the table was the PPP program, intended for smaller businesses. You made the case that, as I read, perhaps in some future format, a PPP-like program ought to be available for larger companies, larger chains like yours. How was the received?

I think they understand it totally. What happened was the White House & Mnuchin were so smart at what they did. They said we got to have a vehicle to get the money to the people so let's use the SBA and get those banks to certify it and it's nothing but a mechanism to get money to employees instead of the unemployment line but what happened was this narrative of 'Oh big companies taking it from little companies' but there's enough money there for everybody and there's so many companies that got it. First off, only 9% of who got it so far, it's construction companies, it's law firms, it's everybody out there but the public companies caught all the grief because they had to have public filings. I don't have to file anything public. I'm a private company but I still at the same time wanted the little companies to get it first because I knew I had enough liquidity to go for awhile but then it gets to the fact, why are my employees - I would love to bring them all back on May 1st and put them all to work instead of just that portion. Because you work for Landry's & you work Tilman Fertitta, you don't get to come back to work? That's really unfair. I'm not getting the money. The people at the corporate office aren't getting the money. It's strictly for Landry's employees of all our different concepts & my people deserve to be treated just as good as anyone else.

I hear your point but as I understand it, the initial PPP was partly targeted to those small businesses because they don't have access to the credit you as a large chain would have and you took reportedly a $300M line of credit, which was available to you. You had access to credit those smaller businesses wouldn't.

That's a good point but the other side of it is the $300M I borrowed just keeps me going further but my payroll is $150M a month, which is a billion-five a year. The point is that so now we're going to evaluate every company and who can get credit? I had a Houston restaurateur in my office this week who has 4 restaurants and he has a multi-millionaire as his partner who is not the face of the business. Everybody took it. Just because you have a high profile owner or a public company, our employees shouldn't be treated any differently. It's all for the employees and that's all that matters. What's the difference if the government money is coming from the PPP or something like it or if it's coming from the Texas (or any state) unemployment. Government money is government money but let us put them back to work. They don't want to sit at home. Put them back to work.

Governor Cuomo has been pushing this 'American's first' law, which he says would refuse subsidies for any corporation that lays off employees and doesn't hire back the same number of employees it had pre-pandemic. Does that make sense to you as a strategy and what are businesses like yours thinking about taking any government funds & strings that may be attached with them? In terms of what the future of going to restaurants looks like, is it unreasonable for Cuomo or others to expect people should hire back to 100% of their pre-Coronavirus workforce in order to get this relief money or keep it without re-paying it?

I'm a fan of Mr. Cuomo's and I think he's done a great job but now he's in an area he doesn't belong in. He knows nothing about running businesses and you can't hire everybody back. Our business is not coming back for years, OK?, to get back to where it is. At least through '20 and '21 and most likely '22 all the expert economists say. To say you can't get any money unless you hire everybody back? So what are they gonna do? How are they gonna promote up? How are they gonna better their lives? If they can find a better opportunity somewhere else but you're gonna go penalize a company because they couldn't hire someone back because they don't have the business anymore? Makes no sense whatsoever.

One other thing people say when they hear you talking and going on about business is, "Isn't Tilman who lives off a lot of credit, he's highly leveraged, he'd be worse off than others." Talk about some of the business choices you've made and whether you regret it?

Not really. I chose to do business and own this company myself. There's two ways to do it. You have equity partners or you take on more debt. I prefer to borrow debt and not have partners, OK? My company has been very successful and been able to do whatever it wants to do. A pandemic comes along and hurts my company but yet we've always made good business decisions. It's just one way of growing a business. At the same time, could I go sell equity? Yes. You never know. I might go public again. I might go take on partners. The name of the game is to make your company survive and that's what we're doing now. Everybody has different ways of growing their business and that's the way I grew mine.

I know a lot of people are interested in the future of the NBA.

You sound like Donald Trump asking me that question yesterday. We feel very comfortable, as long as the experts continue to say things are getting better in America. The players want to play. As long as this doesn't continue to grow & continues to go the other way, I see the NBA playing. Everyone wants to play. America wants to see the NBA play and I look forward to us playing games later this summer and playing some regular season games and having a NBA champion like the Houston Rockets.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Trump is by far the worst president ever, and Fertitta is a cutthroat billionaire and Trump sycophant who in no way deserves PPP money, and I hope Trump gives him billions of taxpayer dollars, paid for by further indebting my children, so the Rockets can go well into the luxury tax and win a championship. These are my principles.

heypartner, Deuce, sammy and 6 others like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

'America wants to see them play'

Didn't mention China!
    You know Les would have said China!

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

POTUS is a charitable sort, he has donated a lot of other people's money.

17. TilmanFinancialWindfall

LOL. Also like to take credit for other people's work.

I'm quite sure when the Rockets win the Championship this year, he'll be tweeting how he helped Tilman and the Rockets win the Championship after a face to face meeting with Tilman on 5/18/2020 and all the guidance he gave to Tilman to not fire Morey and Mike D.

18. Invisible Fan

Meanwhile half billionaire franchisee, Dodgers part-owner Magic Johnson offering 100 million in loans to the small biz owners PPP left out because Broke Tilman cut in line.

Magic Johnson offering $100 million in loans to minority-owned businesses left out of PPP loans

KEY POINTS
    • Magic Johnson, the CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises, partnered with MBE Capital Partners to offer $100 million in loans to minority- and women-owned companies.
    • The funds will be distributed through the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program.

sammy likes this.
  19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

I wonder if Tilman will apply for Magic Johnson's loan to add to his $300 million loan he just borrowed from.

Italians, if you watch all the Godfather movies, they were minority in the early 20th century. That's why they have Little Italy because the rest of the White Anglo Saxon looked down on the Italian and discrimated against the I TA LIAN. You never hear of "Little England. Little Switerzland, Little Denmark, etc."

So Tilman is totally qualify for this minority owned business and he was also left out of the PPP Loans as he told his best buddy and twin yesterday.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan