1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Booing China’s national anthem = go to prison

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 12, 2020.

1. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I know right, like a two piece with fries.

2. generalthade_03

Well, predictably the mods took actions against thedopefiend alright. They banned me on my own thread about that communist, now when I try to comment on my own thread, I have to navigate Leroy’s Whambulance post. Nice work mods!

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You can't say anything negative about the ex president or it's racist... that actually seems like a racist issue YOU have.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

How about you stop sympathizing with Communist trolls for starters? I can't take this post you penned seriously at all.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I said zero about any poster other than you and your hypocrisy. I gave you a chance to prove me wrong and speak out against Trumps push for absolute immunity among other attempts to grab autocratic power and your continued silence speaks volumes.

You are obviously a fan of autocracy if it benefits your rotten political philosophy, but speak outside the other side of your mouth about “standing with Hong Kong” for some reason. Give me a break. You are far from a representative of freedom and democracy. Quite the opposite as you knowingly support pushes for autocracy here at home because you think it benefits you.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  6. generalthade_03

Why does it have to be about Trump when the ittle pink thedopefiend wishing death upon us? Not everything is about the Orange man. You’re American aren’t you? When some commie wishing death upon us, we don’t encourage or pamper the fukker, we kick his teeth in.

7. dobro1229

It's not about Trump though. ITS ABOUT YOU AND DASCH who have no moral high ground to step in and say anything about China's autocratic regime, when here domestically, I have never heard a peep out of you or Dasch when it comes to obvious attempts at swiftly changing our system of democracy to that of an autocracy.

-The ATT Merger strong arm for favorable media coverage
    -The DOJ now stepping in to pull political favors for Trump allies & severely undermine the rule of law
    -The President in court right now arguing that he has "Absolute Immunity" and said he could not even be investigated for the crime in office, and officers on the scene of a shooting by Trump could not even detain him.
    -Asking a foreign power to investigate his political rival and withholding aid to that country to get that deed done
    -Seizing the power of the purse from Congressional appropriated funds to serve his political interests
    -etc. etc. etc.

You, Dash and others who are all about "Standing with Hong Kong" are dead silent about obvious attempts for our own domestic president to seize the same power that Xi has. The power to rig elections in his benefit (check... outsourced to Russia/Ukraine), State Media Control to suppress the truth (check, double check), Weaponizing of the police/DOJ to investigate and jail his political rivals (check), complete control of taxpayer dollars (he's working on that), etc. etc.

Now, Trump is largely unsuccessful in many attempts, but THE ATTEMPTS to seize this power are still nonetheless concerning to anyone who truly values Freedom and Democracy.

Now here's the obvious point - THE ATTEMPTS at the very least warrant people who "Stand With Hong Kong" as freedom and Democracy fighters to say they disapprove of their own Domestic Presidents attempts to garnish that very same power that Xi has in China. He is not Xi yet (thank God), but its an obvious fact that he wants to be, and that at the very least should earn any Freedom Fighters' (which you obviously think you are) rebuke.

Hence... you and Dasch are massive freaking hypocrites. It's not about Trump... its about you.

AleksandarN and MightyMog like this.
  8. generalthade_03

Your rage is misdirected bro. There are so many threads on Trump and the fact that you guys and the media went hard after him for these past 4 years, it’s been quite exhausting. You can say that I’m all Trumped out. He is far from perfect but you have to admit that he has to fend off a lot of bullshiet lobbing his way. I avoided Trump threads for that particular reason, feel free to crap on him all you want, that’s your rights because we live in a free country and one of our beautiful rights is that precious 1st amendment unlike the ChiCom bastards.
    I’m just not gonna stand by and and let that disgusting little pink thedopefiend punk us and not kick his teeth in. I’m a patriot, a vet and I served my country, love this place or not, it is still a great country to me.

#48 generalthade_03, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  9. dobro1229

Again. It’s not about Trump. It’s the need to call out how the right in this country is dead silent about the push to consolidate power and move aggressively towards a more Russia-Hungary style of government but then go nuts talking about China this China that as a foil to distract from the catastrophe at home. When Dach says “I stand with Hong Kong” it about makes me spit my Old Fashioned with laughter.

All of my family is all about MAGA for life and I they think if you are a Democrat you are going to hell. Yet I still love them and get along with them for the most part. So I don’t hate people for just being a Trump voter and voting on some policies they think he’s better than. Just don’t lie about his platform being one of freedom and democracy when the facts say the opposite. If you served then you’ve probably seen first hand what countries are like where the supreme leader is above the law like exactly how Trump is claiming he is in front of the Supreme Court this very week.

Imagine if I railed on China for their socialized Heath care system, and then at home am a hardcore Bernie Bro. There would definitely be a need to call me the F out.

I have no idea what the “pink commie” said and I don’t really care. I haven’t put many people on mute before but have had to do it a few times. Sounds like a poster worth muting if it’s that bad.

AleksandarN, FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  10. generalthade_03

I have already reported on this thread what he did on this board for months, he wished death upon us with a dose of racist and homophobic taunts on a regular basis. When I first saw his posts, I was kind of shocked and thinking he would not last long, but I was wrong and he kept upping the ante to the point where you can not ignore him anymore. Once the Mods paid attention to him, it was all over for him. Mods suspended or banned people in here for way way less than what thedopefiend did. I’d like to find out the reason why he lasted this long, maybe the quarantine has something to do with it and Clutch is shorthanded.

11. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Bravo Bravo

This is an American patriot who understands the core values and understands, to fix things, we need to look at our nation first, rather than blaming others.

I am a firm believer, fix your own crap, then walk the talk.

China is taking us over...because our government allows it and then they try to fight china in the wrong ways. Fight them by spending more money on education, infrastructure...Instead we spend billions crap. Our own government is divided, our own states are divided. Until this is resolved, we won't progress...but hey we can threaten to go to War....

i think the message is simple....

Instead of blaming , why not focus your energy on our Country to make a change. Go lobby, Go do something that actually makes a change. Posting on the internet, won't change anyone.

12. Buck Turgidson

The Chinese government is horrible.

The current US government is horrible.

They are not equally horrible, but horrible nonetheless.

Carry on.

RayRay10, AleksandarN, adoo and 4 others like this.
  13. generalthade_03

One big difference is you can crap on the Orange man a million ways you want and nothing will ever happen to you.
    The little pink thedopefiend that just got banned only thinks about insulting Winnie the Pooh and he is plant foods.
    Never take our 1st amendment for granted.

14. dobro1229

Thanks. The central question is why? Why does China act this way, and why do they have the unchecked power to behave this badly without repercussions?

The simple answer is we in partnership with the dwindling power of our allies in Europe, no longer have the global socioeconomic power to create the leverage needed to curb their bad behavior. (I'm optimistic we can get it back though with many new technological opportunities) The Reagan and Clinton administrations put in place lasting policies that ended up benefiting China greatly, but it's unfair to blame them 100% in 2020. Trade policy is meant to be living, breathing, and on the move throughout time. And the most important aspect is CONGRESS' role in trade policy because the reason why tariffs do not lead to investment is because businesses know that tariff policy at the presidential level is temporary.

If we want to regain leverage over China in a productive way that can be done.... but NOT at the partisan presidential level. It must be bi-partisan, executed through legislation in Congress with wide consensus on trade. China can be a dictatorship because we have no global socioeconomic power over them.... Long story short, it is our fault they are the way they are.

But yeah, nothing sets me off more than the double standard & hypocrisy with the "Stand With Hong Kong" sentiment by some that we know damn well would love to give their political leader the exact same power that Xi has in China, and are mum when their president does things like argue in front of the Supreme Court he has "Absolute Immunity" from even being investigated by Congress.

RayRay10 and FrontRunner like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hong Kong > China

Rockets Fans > Non Rockets fans

@freemaniam

freemaniam likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

FIFY

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member