1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rocket: Jeremy Lin says he never wanted to be a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 2, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You really want some reposts ?
    All those McHale is racist , Clutch is racist, Pat Bev is trash, Lin is Jackie Robinson crap?

@CometsWin

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He signed a contract with the Rockets. Since he was a restricted free agent, NYK had 3 days to match it, in order to retain him.

that's the way Restricted Free Agency works. Knicks publicly announced they'd match any offer

"up to $1 B i l l i o n" :)

Despite the Knicks warning, relative to other RFAs in history, Rockets actually jumped on Lin pretty quickly.

During the moratorium (lasted until July 11th in 2012) of free agency, no one wants to tie up money for 72-hours in a contract that will be matched ... this is fairly common of RFAs.

Yet, on July 5th, Rockets and Lin verbally agreed to an offer sheet, but weren't allowed to finalize it, yet. That further stops other offers. Knicks were stupid enough to announce publicly they'd match that first offer once signed -- allowing the Rockets to up the pain of the "poison pill," with Lin signing on July 14th.

3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Karma is a b**** isn’t Jeremy? I bet he wouldn’t be saying that **** if ANY NBA team tried to sign him now.

Zboy and tinman like this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Harden started his Rockets tenure having to play -for- Kevin McHale and -with- Jeremy Lin. Really gave James a lot to overcome and endure early on...

Loneyroy7, riko, JeffB and 3 others like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Imagine if no Lin or MAGAHale, MVPeak Harden could have come a year earlier.

dc rock likes this.
  6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Don't blame him. Didn't want him here either.

FLASH21 likes this.
  7. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Not his fault we needed Yao replacement.

I wanted him NY. Linsanity was one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed. And it just wasn't the same here in H-Town.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This isn't true. Bosh was actually going to become a Rocket until Riley offered to give him the max.

You can't really beat that on top of playing for a legit championship next to the best player on the planet, in Miami to boot.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I felt for Patrick Beverly getting insulted by those Racists Lin Fans
    He was getting enormous hate for being a better player and having Lin be demoted

That pattern continued to every team he went to.
    Toronto had him be the 'dribble out the clock scrub'.

@Zboy

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I was a huge Jeremy Lin fan during his Linsanity days. So him coming to the Rockets was super exciting to me when we acquired him. He had some good moments as a Rocket, not great but I accepted and supported him.

However, now I'm bummed out about his recent comments about wishing to stay in New York. While he says it's no disrespect to Houston, on the contrary, it is a direct slap in the face.

You let me down Jeremy Lin. In hindsight, it wouldn't have mattered where you played since you wouldn't last in the NBA.

Your game sucks which is why you're in the CBA.

tinman likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Pat Bev gets more playing time and development, Bev and Harden would have easily taken us past Portland
    @CometsWin

12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Much like the NBA, I have forgotten about Lin. he made more money than someone with his talent should all bc he got hot for a few weeks

JeffB and tinman like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

The 'humble' Lin turned into an ego maniac Lin. Really only cared about his brand after he got famous and his game never improved.

This is quite the opposite of Patrick Beverly who improved his game so much.

The Clippers put Bev on Durant during the playoffs, 1x1, no help. That's amazing.

Can you imagine if some coach put Lin on Durant? that's asking to be fired.
    @Zboy

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

As if 2020 couldn't have gotten worse, we get an updated Lin thread in the GARM.

tinman likes this.
  15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

you left out 'where he had had tremendous success, and in a major media market'.

16. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

bro chill. i just thought it was funny. its not the serious. i dont think less of him as a man. i say stupid **** all the time

you on the other hand want to point my statement out as being judgmental when you are in fact judging and borderline racist - some **** i dont even wanna get into. go read your statement again and think about the assumptions YOU'VE made

17. tksense

tksense Member

Yeah maybe it’s related to racism. Don’t forget it’s also the other way around, ie the black folks will make fun of other blacks if they speak “white”. The resistance to assimilation is quite apparent. I just think it’s interesting how Lin doesn’t speak in a typical Asian American way. IMO he is affected by being around another dominant group. I never think the divide is “smart vs dumb”. Blacks want to have their own dominant culture that sets them apart from the white dominant culture. Their own lingo with a distinct set of grammar rules is one way.

Racism where race differences is embraced is not the same as racist bigotry or hatred. Blacks love to consider themselves the authority in basketball culture, remember?

18. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

All of this in depth race analysis cuz an american said something funny to me. Thanks!

19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

That's Great, Jerry! Because Rockets fan NEVER wanted you to be a Rockets.

Only Les and his greed for CCP $$$$ wanted this stiff

20. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Hard to believe we're still talking about this dude after 10 years. This guy had 10 good guys and people still talk about him for some reason.

INSANITY