1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Flynn...what's the deal?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B@ffled, Apr 30, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why do you keep attacking me? You're being very nasty.

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No offense but this sounds like Captain Renault going into Rick's bar in Casablanca and being shocked "There's gambling going on here.."

That the law enforcement like the FBI occasionally goes hard after suspects shouldn't be shocking. What should be noted though is that Comey's FBI also went hard after Hillary Clinton too. Yet somehow this is all a plot against Trump and the right when Comey, whether intentional or not, played a major role in tipping the scales by announcing he was reopening the investigation into a candidate 10 days before the election. As we now know Trump's campaign was also under investigation at the same time yet he never publicly announced that.

So let's see. Its a conspiracy by the FBI and the media to undermine Trump by keeping an investigation secret while publicly investigating his opponent and having it plastered across the news. Yes that totally makes sense and strengthens the resolve of Right wing conspiracy...

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and subtomic like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm also going to ask where were these people decrying these techniques used by law enforcement regarding the thousands of people who are subject to similar treatment if not worse. The types of questioning used on Flynn is not unusual and is used frequently on drug and other offenders. It is a standard technique to try to catch inconsistencies in stories of suspects and use those get guilty pleas. I don't recall those now outraged about the treatment of Flynn being concerned about when techniques like these are used pretty much daily by law enforcement. Most of the time you hear that those people should've cooperated with the law enforcement and tell the truth from the beginning. Yet when it comes to Flynn and others on the Right. They sound like BLM...

jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

'Going hard' is what you call altering 302s and withholding exculpatory evidence for two years and threatening to prosecute people's kids? You also keep forgetting they were not investigating a crime. They were 'going hard' after some random person they wanted fired who was not a suspect for anything. No, this is not normal, and no thats not how they treated hillary.

cml750, TheresTheDagger and B@ffled like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Flynn was guilty of multiple crimes, and he, under pressure from the FBI, made whats called a "pleas bargain" whereby the FBI agrees to not press charges on certain crimes, and instead only lesser crimes, in order to secure cooperation against other criminals.

Flynn is a terrible person and a criminal. You much like the leaders of your tribe, continue to prove that there are always new lows to sink too.

Andre0087, mdrowe00 and NewRoxFan like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"threaten to prosecute kids"? LOL. Yea, dragging the kid of the playground at elementary school recess... :rolleyes:

michael flynn junior, that "kid" was 34 years old, hardly a kid.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/poli...ecial-counsel-russia-investigation/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/michael-flynn-jr-subject-trump-russia-investigation-2017-9

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Going after kids you mean like Republican politicians and the AG going after Hunter Biden? You mean the detention and separation of kids at the borders?

As far as what's normal I suppose you think that publicly announcing not indicting while excoriating a candidate, then announcing reopening an investigation of a candidate 10 days before an election only to retract it a couple of days later is normal.

Anyway I find all this concern for the harshness of law enforcement commendable. I presume next time we hear about police pressuring a confession out of minority drug suspect you will show the same concern..

8. adoo

adoo Member

ur forced-fitting a narrative propagated by right wing nut case, years after Flynn had pleaded guilty in court.

??? yet you excuse the traitor Flynn

NewRoxFan likes this.
  9. tallanvor

What? are you comparing criticizing a politicians corrupt, crackhead family members to our justice system coercing a guilty plea by threatening to target someone's kids with prosecution? Oh i see, you are trying to compare it to an illegal immigration policy to prevent child trafficking . I don't know where to even begin with how silly these comparisons are.

Clinton was investigated because a crime was committed (classified emails not on a secure system). Flynn was not being investigated for a crime. he had been cleared. I am not sure you understand the case at all.

sure. the next time law enforcement try to coerce a guilty plea by threatening the kids with prosecution of a person who isn't under investigation, by all means point it out to me.

cml750 and TheresTheDagger like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

"Kids"? flynn's 34 year old son who also was flynn's chief of staff and top aide, and accopmpanied general flynn on trips to russia?

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He had access to a fair trial. He had competent legal representation. He's not some poor black teenager who never had a chance once inducted in the criminal justice system. He was a smart, capable, respected, experienced professional with money and connections. The best recipe you could hope for to mount a credible defense. You have to know that a guy with all those advantages who gets convicted anyway must have been guilty.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

First off has been shown many times a crime was committed.

Secondly I can see you have no problem with using children, and again Flynn's on isn't a "kid", but are crying foul because of the politics.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This happens all time with Law Enforcement not saying it is right but activist have been complaining about stuff like this forever.

Its amazing all of this pearl clutching going on since it's not a person who looks like a "criminal".

Has no one ever watched an episode of Law and Order or any police procedural?

Almost every interrigation is a "perjury trap"

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. tallanvor

show it.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This never gets old.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wait what?

These things happen everyday have you never seen a police interview?

But I will say you got some nice bait and switch going on in this thread I was wondering when you would start carping for the right go in on the left.

So Trump is an ******* and the entire Republican house and senate are right there with him yet the left don't seem like regular people?

Do you think all people are assholes?

Do you not see the faulty logic O's?

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Other posters have posted it right here on this page.

18. tallanvor

I'll help you. There is no recording of the conversation Flynn supposedly lied in. Only documentation that exists is whats called a 302 which is just notes from the FBI guy doing the interview. The original 302 has not been released, only a version doctored by Strozk was released. So, your ' its been shown many times' claim is silly. Even if you had the original 302 (you don't), you would still only have notes which is hardly proof. Its still just he said/he said.

19. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm sorry but Barb McQuade's opinion has as much weight as Dan Boningo's opinion.

20. NewRoxFan

LOL... maybe to wingnuts and trump supporters...

Barb McQuade is professor of law at U Michigan. Previously she was a U.S. Attorney.

bongino is a former police officer, a former secret service agent, and a right wing radio talk show host who said: "My entire life right now is about owning the libs. That's it."

Nook likes this.